Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip M&Ms Cookies are the perfect cookie recipe! This is my favorite and BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe filled with M&Ms!
I have decided that I really don’t like when my kid goes on field trips. She always comes home sick!!
Before the February break they had a field trip to the IMAX Theatre. She did NOT want to go (I mean, Lewis & Clark is so riveting, I’m not sure why she didn’t want to see it) but I made her. It was freezing cold and pouring and the teacher was sick but went because he had too. Guess what happened? Yep, she got it. So did her friend, and me, and her dad.
Now it’s a week later and we’re still sick…even though her teacher is probably back at school, fit as a fiddle. (eye roll)
When I’m feeling down and not 100% myself I always want comfort food, and what’s more comforting than a chocolate chip cookie?
These Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies are the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe filled with your favorite M&Ms!
I absolutely love putting M&Ms in cookies. I put them in pudding cookies all the time to celebrate holidays like Christmas and Easter. I love putting M&Ms in my sugar cookies too because it reminds me of when I was little and would beg for a Mrs. Field’s M&M Cookie at the mall.
For this easy cookie I started with my BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. The great thing about that recipe is that you can substitute M&Ms for chocolate chips! I absolutely love substituting for chocolate chips in cookies, like when I add Kit Kats or Reese’s Pieces.
Plus, when you add M&Ms to a cookie you have so many options: make Peanut M&M Cookies or use fun colors for a party or celebration!
This chocolate chip cookie recipe is super simple and comes together in one bowl. You don’t even need a mixer!
What’s the secret to the Best Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies?
I have a few secret tips and tricks:
- I always start my chocolate chip cookies with melted butter because I love how the melted butter and brown sugar mix together.
- Because they start with melted butter, you have to chill these cookies.
- Use mini M&M’s to get a better M&M to bite ratio, or use any kind or color of M&Ms you like!
Be sure to make extra of these cookies – they won’t last long. Plus – you can FREEZE these cookies for later if you want!
Want even more? Subscribe to Crazy for Crust to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @crazyforcrust and using the hashtag #crazyforcrust.
Chocolate Chip M&Ms Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted — (113g)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar — (66 g)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed — (104g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract — (5ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour — (186g)
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms candies — any flavor or color
- Note: This dough requires chilling.
- Place melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer). Add granulated and brown sugars and mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined.
Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing. Slowly mix in M&Ms.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake (2 tablespoon sized cookies) for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy. Let cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1 cookie) — Calories: 158, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 84mg, Potassium: 16mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Sugar: 15g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 155%, Vitamin C: 0.1%, Calcium: 22%, Iron: 0.6%
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**