This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These easy M&M cookies are the best cookies to make when you are really short on time! You only need two ingredients and 30 minutes to make a batch of these easy cookies.
Table of Contents
Easy M&M Cookies Recipe
I’m here today with the best easy cookies when you needed a batch of cookies yesterday. This easy M&M cookie recipe is your hero. I’m showing you how to make easy M&M cookies – all you need are two ingredients and 30 minutes. That’s it!
The secret? Store-bought ready-to-bake cookie dough! I keep it stocked, so I always have an option when those last-minute cookie emergencies happen.
Although let’s be real, I make them when there’s no emergency, too! I always wonder what to do with Pillsbury cookie dough and love to experiment.
I doctor those cookie dough balls up with colorful M&Ms – it’s an easy way to give them a special touch without a lot of effort.
2 Ingredients in easy M&M Cookies
- Ready-to-bake cookie dough –You should buy a package of proportioned cookie balls, not the dough in a tube. Pillsbury makes it, but any brand will work.
- M&Ms – use any flavor you like!
How to make 2 ingredient cookies
- Break apart the cookie dough balls and place them two inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Press about 10 M&Ms on the tops and sides of each ball.
- Bake the cookies until they are lightly golden around the edges and no longer glossy on top.
- Cool them on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
You can use any prepared cookie dough! Sugar cookies, chocolate chip, chocolate dough… whatever you like.
Any M&Ms will work, and there are tons of options – you can pretty much match the colors to any event or holiday. Or try different flavors to change up the cookies.
You can swap the M&Ms for other candy like chopped candy bars or Reese’s Pieces or use different baking chips. Really, these are so flexible!
How to Store and Freeze Cookies
Room temperature: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container, and they will keep for two to three days at room temperature. For best results, stack them with wax paper or parchment paper, separating the layers, so the cookies don’t stick.
Freezer: Place the cooled cookies in a freezer bag or container with paper towels separating the layers. They will keep for two months in the freezer. When you thaw them, the paper towels will absorb the excess moisture.
How long does Pillsbury cookie dough take to bake?
Most dough takes about 10 minutes or so to bake.
- Be sure to use premade cookie dough already portioned into dough balls. Makes life easier!
- When you add the M&Ms, lightly press them into the dough so they don’t fall off while the cookie bake.
- Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature before storing them.
More Recipes for M&M Lovers
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
2 Ingredient M&M Cookies Recipe
- 1 package 24 count ready to bake cookie dough (any brand or flavor)
- 1 bag 10.7 ounces plain M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Break apart cookie dough pieces and place 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Stick about 10 M&Ms over the top and sides of the cookie dough balls – press to adhere.
- Bake 12-16 minutes, or until light golden around the edges and no longer glossy.
- Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet before removing. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
• Use any flavor cookie dough – sugar and chocolate chip are pictured but any flavor works.
• Use any flavor M&M or even Reese’s Pieces
Whether you have a cookie emergency or just wondering what to do with cookie dough sitting in your fridge, these 2 ingredient cookies are the answer! It doesn’t get any simpler – I can promise you that!