This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
When you don’t have a lot of time but want a sweet treat, you need No Bake Cornflake Candy: with only 3 ingredients these Butterscotch Peanut Butter Cornflake Clusters are easy, fast, and so delicious. No oven needed for this no bake recipe!
Easiest Ever Cornflake Candy
When you’re super busy you want a fast recipe – and this is it: cornflake clusters. These are a classic Grandma-made-it recipe with just 3 ingredients! They’re a great addition to Christmas cookie platters and they’re so simple the kids can help you make them. They’re easy no bake treats with a crunchy and sweet texture and the perfect flavor of peanut butter and butterscotch! We’ve been making peanut butter cornflake cookies for years – and they’re always a hit.
- Peanut Butter – Be sure to use a no-stir peanut butter (not natural)
- Butterscotch Chips – You can also use chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
- Cornflakes – Be sure to get unsweetened cereal.
How to make Cornflake Candy
- Add butterscotch chips and creamy peanut butter to a large microwave safe bowl.
- Heat until melted, then stir corn flakes into peanut butter mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
Tip From Dorothy
- You can also melt the butterscotch with the peanut butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Stir constantly until melted.
- Feel free to add chopped peanuts for some extra crunch.
- Want to make these even prettier? Drizzle with melted chocolate after they set.
- Use a cookies scoop to scoop your clusters so they’re all the same size.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
You can use gluten free cornflakes if you want to.
Butterscotch Peanut Butter Cornflake Clusters Recipe
- 1 (11-ounce) bag (311g) butterscotch chips
- ¼ cup (67g) creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups (112g) cornflakes
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Place butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds on high. Stir, repeating as needed in 30 second increments, until melted and smooth.
- Carefully stir in the cornflakes until they are coated with the butterscotch mixture.
- Scoop 1 or 2-tablespoon sized scoops of the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheets. Chill to set the clusters, then transfer for a tin or serving plate and enjoy.
- Swap chocolate chips or white chocolate chips for the butterscotch if you prefer.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Last Updated on December 6, 2023