Fudge is always a holiday favorite and this foolproof peanut butter fudge with marshmallow cream is quick and easy one to make. It’s rich, creamy and all about the peanut butter!
You only need four ingredients to make it, you don’t need any special equipment and it keeps well at room temperature so it’s great for holiday gifting and dessert platters.
During the fall and winter season I go a little fudge crazy! I can’t help it – homemade fudge is one of those treats that has endless possibilities. You can literally make any number of flavor combinations. There are also countless ways to make fudge with different ingredients that give it a rich and creamy texture. It’s one of my favorite treats to experiment with!
A while back I shared a peanut butter pumpkin fudge recipe, which is an amazing flavor combo for fall but now that we’re moving out of pumpkin season into the holiday season, I thought a pure peanut butter fudge would be great to share. I’ve been busy testing recipes, tweaking until I got it just right.
Peanut Butter Fudge CAN Be Easy To Make!
This recipe has been in the making for a while. I’ve tested it several times and I’ve finally landed on a version I absolutely love. This peanut butter fudge has a wonderful texture, sets up just the way it should each time I make it, and it’s not too sweet. I hate cloyingly sweet fudge so the balance of sweetness is important to me and this fudge strikes the perfect balance!
Obviously chocolate fudge is a holiday classic, but if you’re looking to switch things up this year this easy peanut butter fudge is a perfect choice for your holiday dessert platters or for gifts. Don’t we all have a peanut butter freak in our lives (ME)? They will love this fudge, for sure.
What Makes this Fudge Creamy
Have you heard of fantasy fudge? It’s a type of fudge made with marshmallow cream that’s been around forever. The original recipe was printed on the back of the marshmallow cream jar but now there are thousands of variations.
Marshmallow cream is what gives this fudge it’s amazing creamy texture. If you’ve ever tried marshmallow cream you already know it’s light and fluffy and when you combine that with peanut butter you end up with a rich and creamy fudge!
What I Love about this Recipe
- I’m so excited about this easy fudge recipe because it’s foolproof! It’s so easy to make and it works every time.
- Unlike other recipes, you don’t need a candy thermometer to make this fudge. No special equipment needed! You only need a saucepan and a baking dish.
- You only need four ingredients and about 10 minutes to make it! It’s a great recipe for the holidays when you need a batch of something sweet on short notice.
- This fudge starts to set immediately and is ready to slice after an hour in the fridge.
Four Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
It doesn’t get any easier than four ingredients – I told you this was an easy recipe! Here’s what you need to make it:
- Granulated sugar
- Whole milk
- Creamy peanut butter
- Marshmallow cream
For the peanut butter, be sure to use a regular creamy peanut butter and not one that is all-natural that has to be stirred first. The exception is Jif or Skippy all-natural peanut butter, which is fine to use. Any other all-natural brand should be avoided.
Making this peanut butter fudge couldn’t be easier. It literally takes just minutes on the stove and, once made, will set up within an hour.
- Be sure to gather all of your ingredients before you start making the fudge. The process goes really fast, so have everything within reach.
- Line your 9×9-inch baking dish with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Mix the sugar and milk in a 3-quart saucepan. Bring it to a boil and stir it constantly for three minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the peanut butter and marshmallow cream and stir until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan.
- Refrigerate the fudge for at least an hour before slicing and serving.
Here are some commonly asked questions about making fudge!
- Why is my fudge grainy? Grainy fudge usually happens because the sugar has not completely dissolved into the milk. Be sure to stir well and continuously while the milk and sugar boil to ensure it fully dissolves.
- How long should I boil fudge? For this recipe, you need to boil it for three minutes.
- How long does it take for fudge to set? It depends on the recipe but this easy peanut butter fudge sets very quickly and is ready to slice after it’s chilled for an hour. In fact, as soon as you pour the mixture into the dish you will notice it will start to firm up almost immediately.
- Should homemade fudge be refrigerated? For this recipe, after the fudge has set, you don’t need to keep it in the refrigerator. I recommend slicing it and storing the slices in an airtight container. Separate them with wax paper and the fudge will keep well for up to a week .
If you’re looking for a new fudge recipe to try you have to give this easy recipe a try especially if you need a last-minute holiday treat for parties or dessert platters. It’s a nice change from traditional fudge and a whole lot easier to make!
Other fudge recipes for the holidays:
- 5 Minute White Chocolate Fudge
- Oreo Peppermint Bark Fudge
- Payday Fudge
- Pecan Pie Fudge
- Gingerbread Fudge
Fudge goes great on holiday platters with:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter*
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme 1 jar
- Line an 9-in. square pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Assemble all your ingredients because this recipe goes fast.
- Combine sugar and milk in a 3-quart saucepan. Bring it to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once it starts to boil, boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Immediately stir in peanut butter and marshmallow creme until blended. Immediately spread into prepared pan; cool slightly.
- Refrigerate until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut into squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Make this FOOLPROOF Peanut Butter Fudge whenever the craving hits! With only 4 ingredients it takes no time at all and is a creamy soft fudge recipe.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: December 1, 2019