Dec 29

Top 10 Viewed Recipes 2013

top 10 2013

Thanks to you, this has been a great year at Crazy for Crust. I hit my all-time traffic high, grew rapidly on Facebook, and had my first few viral pins. Want to see what you all loved so much? Here are my Top 10 Viewed Recipes of 2013!

1. Funfetti Gooey Bars: my first really viral pin. You all LOVE your Funfetti! This is in the top slot, and it isn’t budging for a a long time.

funfetti gooey bars (1 of 5)w

2. Carrot Cake Roll: one of my favorites! This post also has a tutorial.

Carrot-Cake-Roll10-5words

3. Oreo Peanut Butter: So easy and just too good!

Oreo-Peanut-Butter (4 of 6)w

4. 48 Breakfasts and Desserts Made with Crescent Rolls: You all love your crescent rolls, and so do I! This post is my top-viewed round up.

Crescent Roll Ideas

5. Reese’s Fudge: Again, so easy and so good. Fudge + Reese’s!

reeses-fudge05-1w

6. Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread: My favorite quick bread! (It’s got an ooey gooey center!)

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread (1 of 4)w

7. Easy Ice Cream Round-Up: because who wants to use an ice cream machine??

easy ice cream

8. Peanut Butter Baklava: hands down, my favorite recipe EVER. It’s totally untraditional, but totally worth it!

Peanut Butter Baklava 4 words

9. Easy Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites: Another easy recipe, using breadstick dough. If I’ve learned one thing this year: you all love easy!

Easy Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzel Bites (2 of 6)w

10. Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes: so simple, but so good. Everyone needs a perfect vanilla cupcake in their repertoire, and this is mine!

Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes (2 of 6)w

And, of course, there are the posts from years past that never stop being in the top! The Peanut Butter Football, Butterfinger Fudge, and Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge were all in the top 10 for views from 2013, but they weren’t posted in 2013, so they’re not in this top 10 list. But they are three of the top recipes on this site!

What are your favorite recipes from Crazy for Crust? Have you made anything you loved? (Be nice! LOL)

Thanks for reading!

This post may be linked to all of these parties.

40 Responses to “Top 10 Viewed Recipes 2013”

1. Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl posted on December 29, 2013 at 5:40 am (#)

Good gracious, everything looks amazing! I’ve got to check out the crescent roll roundup and that oreo peanut butter…. WOW!

2. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) posted on December 29, 2013 at 6:29 am (#)

Seriously everything here looks unbelievable! You had an incredible year! Congrats!!

3. Amy @Very Culinary posted on December 29, 2013 at 7:38 am (#)

I’ve made your cinnamon Pretzel Bites, Oreo peanut butter (with sunflower butter because of the kids’ peanut allergy), and the Carrot Cake Roll. Twice! All awesome. Just like you. Great year, Dorothy. Here’s to another delicious 12 months. Cheers!

4. Rebecca posted on December 29, 2013 at 8:38 am (#)

I looove those posts at the end of the year with the most viewed recipes :D I think it is so much fun I also had to do it :) I love your recipes, especially the Carrot Cake Roll!! It looks delicious, I think I might wanna try that once :)
    By the way, in your picture you say 2014 (instead of 2013 I guess? ;))
    Take care,
    rebecca :)

5. Kristin posted on December 29, 2013 at 9:47 am (#)

I made the lemon rolls and Scott ate them all at once! Loved the carrot cake roll too

6. Trish posted on December 29, 2013 at 10:09 am (#)

Totally intrigued by that Oreo peanut butter. I think I’m going to have to make that really soon!

7. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on December 29, 2013 at 2:09 pm (#)

Yay for so many amazing recipes! :)

8. Emily @ Life on Food posted on December 29, 2013 at 3:54 pm (#)

I believe you. These are some of my favorites. Here is to what’s to come in 2014.

9. TidyMom posted on December 29, 2013 at 4:11 pm (#)

What a delicious year Dorothy!! Here’s to a fabulous 2014!!

Happy New Year!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Thank you so much! And Happy New Year to you too! :)

10. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on December 29, 2013 at 4:31 pm (#)

It’s definitely been a great year – and a yummy one – for Crazy for Crust. All of these look phenomenal! Can’t wait to see you soon!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I know, I’m so excited!! :) Thanks Ashley!

11. Mom posted on December 29, 2013 at 4:51 pm (#)

Thankfully, I don’t have to make many of them since I get to sample your originals!!! Keep them coming; love them all. Congrats on a wonderful year.
    Love you, Mom

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:34 pm

:) xoxo

12. Mary Brown posted on December 29, 2013 at 4:59 pm (#)

I have made your toffee chocolate pecan pie, multiple times. Sooooo good. How special is that comment from your Mom. I really enjoy your website Dorothy. Happy New Year.

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Thank you Mary!! Happy New Year!

13. Laurie F. posted on December 29, 2013 at 5:26 pm (#)

I have to catch up! I think hubby would love the peanut butter fudge, and I also have to try those yummy-looking cupcakes. Maybe New Year’s Eve! (;

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:33 pm

:) I think you’d have some helpers eating it then… :)

14. Laura R. posted on December 29, 2013 at 6:24 pm (#)

You are my first go-to because I know everything is going to taste great. The peanut butter cinnamon rolls are awesome (my rolling technique not so awesome), I’ve made the Rocky Road Nutella Pudding Cookies several times and my most favorite are the Mocha Brownies with a Crust…so good! Can’t wait to see what you share with us in 2014!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Wow Laura! Thank you so much! Happy New Year!

15. Jenn@eatcakefordinner posted on December 29, 2013 at 6:27 pm (#)

Dang, girl!! No wonder these are the top 10, they all look divine.

16. Ashley M. | Our Full Table posted on December 29, 2013 at 7:47 pm (#)

Your all butter pie crust is the best crust I’ve ever made!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Wow, thank you so much Ashley!!

17. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar posted on December 29, 2013 at 9:47 pm (#)

It’s so fun to look back on the year! I’m not surprised that Ice cream round up makes the list – I still get traffic from it! Thanks :) I hope 2014 brings even more viral posts for you, Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:32 pm

You too Lindsay! And I’m glad it brings you traffic! :)

18. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on December 30, 2013 at 12:57 am (#)

The fact that the PB Baklava is your favorite recipe EVER. Now that is HUGE. I have always loved those pics and I made nutella baklava (and always have wanted to make PB but know you have your recipe and I won’t ever go there) but I can only imagine how good it is! And your PB football, see it everywhere! And the funfetti pin going viral – yeah, I have a funfetti recipe that does pretty well too b/c I think ppl just love the looks of bright colors, but I see that recipe of yours all over the place! Like on every pin board i go to :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 7:32 am

Yes, people looooove sprinkles. I want to replicate it for every holiday, lol!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Your nutella version – OMG. I have so many baklava ideas…they just never end. If only I could make them all!

19. Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life posted on December 30, 2013 at 6:54 am (#)

That pb baklava has sat in my to-bake pin board for way too long! I also pinned that pumpkin bread, because gooey centers in quick breads are unbeatable! Some favorites from your blog? Oh gosh, well, the zucchini coffeecake was baked no less than a dozen times this summer … I made your gingerbread cinnamon rolls (Different dough, same filling) and everyone flipped for those … oh, and your smores cheesecake brownies were a hit … I also made a variation of your gooey bars and will have to try that funfetti version. It defintely deserves the top spot! Congrats on 2013 and looking forward to 2014! Your blog has been a favorite around here!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 7:31 am

Wow! That’s amazing Mary Frances, thank you!!

20. Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon posted on December 30, 2013 at 6:59 am (#)

Congratulations on such a fabulous year! Cannot wait to see the recipes you share in 2014! Cheers to the new year! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Thanks Lisa! You too!

21. Jackie posted on December 30, 2013 at 8:28 am (#)

so many to choose from! YUMMY!

22. Haley posted on December 30, 2013 at 11:55 am (#)

These recipes are all absolutely mouth watering to look at and I know they taste even better than they look, but the crescent roll recipes are a top favorite no matter what!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:29 pm

I agree – everything is better with a crescent roll!

23. Lisa @ Flour Me With Love posted on December 30, 2013 at 1:04 pm (#)

They all look scrumptious Dorothy! Wishing you and your family a healthy & Happy New Year!

24. Chrissy posted on December 30, 2013 at 1:33 pm (#)

Yum! These all look delicious! I love the Reese’s recipe, I bet it’s amazing! Happy New Year!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 30th, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Thanks Chrissy! You too!

26. Amy posted on January 5, 2014 at 3:13 pm (#)

You’re such a talented, hard working, and well-deserving blogger Dorothy. So happy and proud of you for your wonderful traffic in 2013!