This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This is going to be your new favorite: Oreo Peanut Butter only has two ingredients and combines chocolate and peanut butter for the best nut butter ever. Slather it on toast, sandwiches, graham crackers, or just eat it straight from the jar with a spoon!
Table of Contents
Homemade Peanut Butter with a TWIST
Have you ever made homemade peanut butter? My friend Averie, over at Averie Cooks, does it all the time. Her original version actually made me want to try my own. Then she made one with butterscotch, and I started drooling because I love butterscotch.
That got me thinking about all the other things you can add to homemade peanut butter, and I thought, why not make Oreo Peanut Butter?
I make Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn, so there’s always a package of Oreos in my pantry. My BFF Ashton once made Oreo Butter, so I knew the chocolate cookies would be perfect. So, the decision was made, and I made this crazy peanut butter, and it was the Best. Decision. Everrrrrr.
What is Oreo Peanut Butter
This homemade peanut butter combines two things: peanuts and Oreos! You blend them together, and they make a rich chocolaty nut butter spread that can go with all the things.
I love to spread it on toast and graham crackers, but it makes a great sandwich filling, too! Basically, any way you would use peanut butter works with this Oreo butter.
All you need is a high powdered food processor or blender to make it. The homemade peanut butter alone is amazing, but adding Oreos takes it to a whole new fantastic level.
What You Need to Make It
- Peanuts: I like honey roasted peanuts, but any kind you like will work.
- Oreos: Use the whole cookie – you don’t need to remove the cream filling!
How to Make Oreo Peanut Butter
Place the peanuts in the food processor and top them with the cookies.
Run the processor continuously until the peanuts and Oreos break down and blend into a butter consistency. With my machine, it takes about four minutes.
How to Use Oreo Peanut Butter
Slather It: Top graham crackers and toast with it! Or use it as a sandwich filling for the best peanut butter sandwich ever.
Dip Into It: Serve it in a bowl with dippers on the side like leftover pie chips, cookies, fruit, and large marshmallows.
Spoon It! Seriously, I can eat this homemade peanut butter straight from the jar with a spoon. It’s so good!
- Are you thinking what I’m thinking? There are countless Oreo flavors so that you can make different flavored peanut butter – think Golden Oreos, Oreo Chocolate Cream, Peanut Butter Oreos, or the dark chocolate ones!
- This recipe works best with a large, high-powered food processor or a blender that is powerful enough to make peanut butter (like a Blendtec or Vitamix).
- If your food processor is small or an older model, it may overheat when you blend the cookies and nuts. If it does, stop blending and let it cool off.
- Store peanut butter in a jar or airtight container. It will keep at room temperature for a few days but will last longer if you store it in the refrigerator.
Treat yourself right and make homemade peanut butter with Oreos – you’ll thank me for it! Every spoonful is like a peanut butter chocolate dream. Enjoy!
More Recipes To Try
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Oreo Peanut Butter
- 1 ½ cups (202g) honey roasted peanuts
- 10 (116g) Oreos
- Place peanuts and Oreos in a food processor and run continuously until butter forms. Time will vary depending on your food processors age and speed. Mine took about 4 minutes to reach a creamy, buttery consistency.
- If your processor is older, or starts to feel hot during processing, stop the machine and let it rest a few minutes before continuing.
- Serve on toast, as a dip, or with a spoon.
This is the best peanut butter spread – perfect on toast, sandwiches, graham crackers, or just eat it straight from the jar with a spoon!
Last Updated on April 26, 2022