May 01

Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn

Need a sweet and salty snack? This Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn will satisfy any salty or sweet craving!

Oreo-Peanut-Butter-Popcorn (1 of 4)w

So last week there was a sale on Oreos at my local grocery store. The King Size pack was on sale. I couldn’t help myself. Who could blame me?

I was craving Oreos and peanut butter in the worst way, and all of a sudden the need for popcorn hit me out of the blue. I was like a sweet and salty popcorn junkie, needing a fix.

The bag of Oreos screamed at me from the counter. The peanut butter joined in and really, I had no choice. Inanimate food objects compelled me to make this popcorn, and eat my weight in it too.

Now I’m sharing it so you can all crave it just as badly as I am right now! Aren’t I a nice food blogger? Sharing my cravings and all that with you? My mom always told me it was nice to share!

Oreo-Peanut-Butter-Popcorn (3 of 4)

Before we get into the amazingness that is this popcorn, I want to tell you about my camera/laptop bag. I told you the 5 reasons I loved the Timbuk2 Snoop Camera Messenger Bag last month, after I travelled to my mom’s birthday party with it. Since then, I’ve flown with it twice and I figured I should update you!

timbuk2 april

I really, really love this bag. It fits everything, remember? Plus, it’s compact enough to fit under the seat of the airplane (with or without the camera insert – I did both over the past month). It travelled with me to San Diego for spring break and to Phoenix for Bloggy Boot Camp, and it still looks brand new. It was also the perfect messenger bag to have at BBC. I didn’t bring my big camera, but I used it for my laptop and conference incidentals like a notepad, water, and snacks. If you’re looking for a camera bag that will also hold your laptop – I wholeheartedly recommend the Timbuk2 Snoop Camera Messenger.

Want to see how everything fit? I even made a video! You can watch the video here.

Okay, so back to salty, sweet goodness…

Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn: your new crack.

Oreo-Peanut-Butter-Popcorn (1 of 4)

This popcorn couldn’t be easier to put together. I used a microwave popcorn pouch, one with less butter. You can use whatever you have on hand, or make it fresh. A 3.5 ounce bag makes about 4 cups.

Once your popcorn is popped and you’ve picked out all the unpopped kernels (because, um, OUCH), melt your vanilla candy (or white chocolate chips) with your peanut butter. Pour this goodness (don’t drink it, although it’s tempting) over your popcorn and stir it up. Add in some chopped Oreos and then let it set.

This makes a lot of snacks – and if you keep in in an airtight container, it’ll keep for several days…if it lasts that long!

Seriously, this is my most favorite version of popcorn yet. It totally satisfies your salty and sweet cravings. And, it’s totally normal to eat a huge bowl of it without even thinking. It’s almost expected, so don’t feel bad when you do! ;)

Oreo-Peanut-Butter-Popcorn (4 of 4)

And the rest of the Oreos in the package? You’ll want to hang on to a few of them. I have something ah-MAY-zing coming next week…

Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn

Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn

• 1 bag microwave popcorn (3.0-3.5 ounces)
  • 8 ounces Vanilla Candiquik or Almond Bark
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 16 Oreos, coarsely chopped

1. Pop popcorn in microwave according to package directions. Remove popcorn from bag and place in a large bowl. Remove all unpopped kernels!
  2. Place Candiquik in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Stir, and add the peanut butter. Heat for about a minute more, stirring each 30 seconds. (Heating time will vary for different microwaves.) Once the peanut butter and the candy are melted together, pour over the popcorn. Stir carefully. Add chopped Oreos and stir once again.
  3. Turn popcorn out onto a large cookie sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Let cool until hardened (or place in the refrigerator until set). Store in an airtight container.

Other popcorn goodness:

Mint Chocolate Chip Popcorn Treats

Mint-Chocolate-Chip-Popcorn-Treats-1-words

Peanut Butter Kitchen Sink Popcorn

Peanut Butter Kitchen Sink Popcorn

White Chocolate Buttery Waffles Snack Mix by Averie Cooks
PB&J Popcorn by Something Swanky
Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn by My Own Blog Review

Timbuk2 generously gave me a bag to review. All opinions are 100% my own.

77 Responses to “Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn”

1. mr. & Mrs. P posted on May 1, 2013 at 2:16 am (#)

Oh! We love this!! looks delicious!!

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on May 1, 2013 at 4:12 am (#)

Last week when I made the popcorn mix with waffles in it, I used white choc (candiquik) and PB….and pretty much that sauce poured over anything would be amazing. Good call on the Oreos! Love all these flavors combined!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 1st, 2013 at 6:18 am

I remember, I loved that popcorn! I think adding PB to white melts is the best. thing. ever!

3. Mary Frances @ The Sweet Tooth Life posted on May 1, 2013 at 5:15 am (#)

I made a butterscotch and pretzel snack mix last week and I ate my weight in it , too!:)
    But this! Oh. My. Goodness. Oreos and peanut butter IN POPCORN! You really are a nice food blogger to share this with us. Even if it will be our undoing;)

4. Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies posted on May 1, 2013 at 5:25 am (#)

Wasn’t sure the PB + oreo combination could get any better, but I think you did it! This sounds so TASTY.

5. Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat posted on May 1, 2013 at 5:28 am (#)

I’m a fan of anything with oreos and PB, so this sounds like a fantastic combo for me! I love it! Yum!

6. Tieghan posted on May 1, 2013 at 5:51 am (#)

Peanut Butter Oreo popcorn!!! Oh my gosh!! WOW! I really need to get on this whole dessert popcorn band wagon ASAP.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 1st, 2013 at 6:17 am

Yes you do Tieghan! SO good!

7. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on May 1, 2013 at 7:40 am (#)

Peanut butter and other things yell at me too…you aren’t alone. Glad you shared the cravings with us! Peanut butter and Oreo is still one of my favorite popcorns that I have ever done too :-) Now I want chocolate covered peanut butter popcorn for lunch…

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 1st, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I ate it for lunch several days in a row, lol. :) Best lunch ever!

8. Kelly Senyei | Just a Taste posted on May 1, 2013 at 7:41 am (#)

Oh em gee. I need this in my life!

9. Dana posted on May 1, 2013 at 8:25 am (#)

this sounds so divine! I love melting peanut butter…it’s delcious over vanilla bean ice cream…or on a spoon of course.. And it’s fun! :)

10. aimee @ like mother like daughter posted on May 1, 2013 at 8:39 am (#)

Oreo and peanut butter shakes are my favorite, so I just know I would love this popcorn!

11. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on May 1, 2013 at 8:55 am (#)

Ge-ni-usssssss. I have been so bad with my somewhat-nonexistent diet lately and have been stuffing my face mercilessly with anything sweet and salty. I need this popcorn!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 1st, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Ugh, diet schmiet. I wish I could have given you some!

12. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on May 1, 2013 at 9:17 am (#)

Best popcorn ever?? I think sooooo! OMG yum!

13. Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen posted on May 1, 2013 at 10:00 am (#)

… I need this popcorn in my life.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 1st, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Me too! I’m all out. :) Thanks Faith!

14. Julianne @ Beyond Frosting posted on May 1, 2013 at 10:43 am (#)

MMMMMM oreo and peanut butter. I bet this is heavenly!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 1st, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Totally is! :) Thanks Julianne!

15. lisa@cookingwithcurls posted on May 1, 2013 at 10:46 am (#)

Wow…how do you think these awesome ideas up? I used to always order a peanut butter chocolate shake with Oreos at TCBY back in the day. I absolutely love the flavor combination…you Dorothy…are a genius :)

16. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on May 1, 2013 at 12:14 pm (#)

We are popcorn lovers! Love this with the Oreos!

17. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on May 1, 2013 at 12:41 pm (#)

This sounds awesome! I’m normally not a big popcorn fan, but when you add Oreos and peanut butter, I don’t think I can resist!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 1st, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Me neither! Thanks Jennifer!

18. Liz posted on May 1, 2013 at 12:56 pm (#)

What can I say? These two flavors in one popcorn – AMAZING! :)

19. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on May 1, 2013 at 1:42 pm (#)

I could use a bowl of this popcorn to get me through the afternoon! Peanut butter popcorn is a favorite around here, the addition of Oreos sounds perfect!

20. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on May 1, 2013 at 3:13 pm (#)

Hee. I happen to have a package of Oreos that somehow jumped into my shopping cart when I wasn’t looking. :-) This is the perfect way to use ‘em up!

22. Heather @ French Press posted on May 1, 2013 at 6:27 pm (#)

I should just skip meals and live on snacks!! they make me SO very happy

23. Catherine posted on May 1, 2013 at 7:25 pm (#)

Dear Dorothy, I just found your site through the giveaway you are hosting along with Roxana.
    So happy to be a new reader. This popcorn sounds like a delicious snack for a late night movie! …Sweet and salty is one of my favorite combos….great idea! Blessings to you, Catherine xo

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 2nd, 2013 at 6:43 am

Thanks Catherine! And welcome!

24. Anne ~ Uni Homemaker posted on May 1, 2013 at 9:12 pm (#)

I just love it when Oreos go on sale! :) And it’s brilliant to combine peanut butter and Oreos in popcorn –delish!

25. tanya posted on May 2, 2013 at 4:57 am (#)

Yeah, thanks for sharing your craving with me!! I’ll be obsessing over this all day!!! I know what I’m making this afternoon! Unlike you, I won’t be sharing-this is mine!

26. Kathy posted on May 2, 2013 at 8:10 am (#)

This looks delicious! I have made this without peanut butter before. I bet the addition of the peanut butter would take it to a whole new level!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 2nd, 2013 at 2:53 pm

It totally does! Thanks Kathy!

27. Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen posted on May 2, 2013 at 10:03 am (#)

Yes Please and Pinned!!!

28. Kiran @ KiranTarun.com posted on May 2, 2013 at 12:00 pm (#)

Oreo & PB popcorn?!? Oh my GAH!! :D

29. Julie @ This Gal Cooks posted on May 2, 2013 at 6:30 pm (#)

Best. Popcorn. EVER!

30. Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff posted on May 2, 2013 at 9:39 pm (#)

You just can’t trust those Oreo’s … I hate it when they call my name! I never thought of adding them to popcorn … thank you for the idea ;)

31. Kristina posted on May 3, 2013 at 5:37 pm (#)

This looks SOOOOO good! My guilty snack is dipping oreos in the peanut butter jar… drives my roommates nuts :) This popcorn sounds incredible!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 4th, 2013 at 7:11 am

Thanks Kristina! You’ll want to check back next week. I have another treat with that combo coming! :)

32. Suzanne posted on May 4, 2013 at 2:35 pm (#)

Didn’t have the bark so I used white chocolate chips & some peanut butter chips. Mixed in some Keebler’s chocolate chip shortbread cookies as well. Fantastic !!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 4th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

YUM! I love those cookies. That’s a perfect combo!

• Suzanne replied on May 5th, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Even the ever picky Husband ate these. Had to put them in fridge to “set” (it’s super humid in South Florida). I really liked this. Will try it with 100 % Oreos next time. Thanks for the recipe and I look forward to making more of your deliciousness in the future.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 6th, 2013 at 5:49 am

Thanks Suzanne!

33. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on May 4, 2013 at 7:27 pm (#)

Wow! This is like the PERFECT combination! I want this with a movie tonight!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 5th, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Me too, I’m sad it’s gone! :)

34. Jacqueline @ BakeItWithBooze posted on May 7, 2013 at 7:10 pm (#)

Ohhh my goodness. You have so many creative popcorn recipes – and this one looks particularly dangerous. I’m known to make a giant mixing bowl full of popcorn and eat the entire thing myself. Right now I’m daydreaming about a giant mixing bowl full of peanut butter Oreo popcorn! Yummm!!

35. Pingback: 25+ Perfectly Popped Popcorn Recipes | theBitterSideofSweet

36. Pingback: Peanut Butter Caramel Corn - Crazy for Crust

37. Pingback: Top 10: Leukste Popcorn traktaties | SRSCK

38. Pingback: Ultimate Popcorn Recipes Round Up - 100 of the BEST Popcorn Recipes! - Yellow Bliss Road

39. Pingback: Homemade Cracker Jack Recipe | Baking Beauty

40. Pingback: 16 Popcorn recipes to munch on during your Netflix binge (and what to watch) | My Blog

41. Pingback: 16 Popcorn recipes to munch on during your Netflix binge (and what to watch) | AEB VenturesAEB Ventures

42. Pingback: How to add Pizzazz to your Popcorn