Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn
Need a sweet and salty snack? This Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn will satisfy any salty or sweet craving!
So last week there was a sale on Oreos at my local grocery store. The King Size pack was on sale. I couldn’t help myself. Who could blame me?
I was craving Oreos and peanut butter in the worst way, and all of a sudden the need for popcorn hit me out of the blue. I was like a sweet and salty popcorn junkie, needing a fix.
The bag of Oreos screamed at me from the counter. The peanut butter joined in and really, I had no choice. Inanimate food objects compelled me to make this popcorn, and eat my weight in it too.
Now I’m sharing it so you can all crave it just as badly as I am right now! Aren’t I a nice food blogger? Sharing my cravings and all that with you? My mom always told me it was nice to share!
Before we get into the amazingness that is this popcorn, I want to tell you about my camera/laptop bag. I told you the 5 reasons I loved the Timbuk2 Snoop Camera Messenger Bag last month, after I travelled to my mom’s birthday party with it. Since then, I’ve flown with it twice and I figured I should update you!
I really, really love this bag. It fits everything, remember? Plus, it’s compact enough to fit under the seat of the airplane (with or without the camera insert – I did both over the past month). It travelled with me to San Diego for spring break and to Phoenix for Bloggy Boot Camp, and it still looks brand new. It was also the perfect messenger bag to have at BBC. I didn’t bring my big camera, but I used it for my laptop and conference incidentals like a notepad, water, and snacks. If you’re looking for a camera bag that will also hold your laptop – I wholeheartedly recommend the Timbuk2 Snoop Camera Messenger.
Want to see how everything fit? I even made a video! You can watch the video here.
Okay, so back to salty, sweet goodness…
Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn: your new crack.
This popcorn couldn’t be easier to put together. I used a microwave popcorn pouch, one with less butter. You can use whatever you have on hand, or make it fresh. A 3.5 ounce bag makes about 4 cups.
Once your popcorn is popped and you’ve picked out all the unpopped kernels (because, um, OUCH), melt your vanilla candy (or white chocolate chips) with your peanut butter. Pour this goodness (don’t drink it, although it’s tempting) over your popcorn and stir it up. Add in some chopped Oreos and then let it set.
This makes a lot of snacks – and if you keep in in an airtight container, it’ll keep for several days…if it lasts that long!
Seriously, this is my most favorite version of popcorn yet. It totally satisfies your salty and sweet cravings. And, it’s totally normal to eat a huge bowl of it without even thinking. It’s almost expected, so don’t feel bad when you do!
And the rest of the Oreos in the package? You’ll want to hang on to a few of them. I have something ah-MAY-zing coming next week…
Oreo Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 1 bag microwave popcorn (3.0-3.5 ounces)
- 8 ounces Vanilla Candiquik or Almond Bark
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 16 Oreos, coarsely chopped
- Pop popcorn in microwave according to package directions. Remove popcorn from bag and place in a large bowl. Remove all unpopped kernels!
- Place Candiquik in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Stir, and add the peanut butter. Heat for about a minute more, stirring each 30 seconds. (Heating time will vary for different microwaves.) Once the peanut butter and the candy are melted together, pour over the popcorn. Stir carefully. Add chopped Oreos and stir once again.
- Turn popcorn out onto a large cookie sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Let cool until hardened (or place in the refrigerator until set). Store in an airtight container.
Other popcorn goodness:
Timbuk2 generously gave me a bag to review. All opinions are 100% my own.