This Pumpkin Spice Latte Popcorn not only comes together in 5 minutes and tastes like your favorite fall drink, but it also made me step out of my comfort zone. Why? Because I demonstrated how to make it ON TV YESTERDAY.
Ever since I started blogging I’ve said I don’t want to do TV. People always ask me if I want my own TV show and I say, NO I BLOG FOR A REASON. They ask me if I’d ever do a news segment or film a video for the blog and I’m all, No, NEVER.
Never say never, my friends.
Yesterday I stepped way out of my comfort zone and did a segment on a local morning show about fall popcorn recipes. I did this in conjunction with a brand (Gaslamp Popcorn) who reached out wanting to get someone on-air to talk about popcorn.
Hello, I love popcorn. I don’t love TV…but I knew it was time. Time to get out of my comfort zone and do something about my intense fear of TV, cameras, and people in general. I packed up all my ingredients and supplies, put on my big girl panties, and spent the fastest 3 minutes of my life talking to a Laura, the anchor on Good Day Sacramento. And guess what?
I liked it. I kind of liked it a lot. ?
Want to see my segment? Here it is!!
The recipe I showed on camera was this one I’m sharing today, Pumpkin Spice Latte Popcorn. This recipe came from the folks at Gaslamp Popcorn and it’s so fast and easy and GOOD. You guys, I ate 7 entire cups of popcorn in one sitting. #nojoke
This recipe literally turns your favorite fall coffee drink into popcorn. It’s great for TV watching or a party, or just because you love the PSL!
You can make your own popcorn fresh or you can use microwave popcorn, but if you use store bought popcorn this recipe is done in less than 5 minutes. Just choose a flavor popcorn that you love but that’s not too buttery. I loved using Sea Salt & Olive Oil popcorn for this recipe – and several brands available everywhere have a comparable flavor.
If you can melt butter, you can make this popcorn. Simply whisk melted butter with brown sugar, a pinch of salt, pumpkin pie spice, and instant espresso powder. Then pour it over the popcorn and toss and it’s ready for eating!
A few quick notes about ingredients:
- Pumpkin Pie Spice can be found at any grocery store in the spice aisle. If you already have all the spices on hand, you can make your own: 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice = ½ teaspoon cinnamon + ¼ teaspoon ground ginger + ⅛ teaspoon each nutmeg and allspice.
- Instant Espresso Powder can sometimes be hard to find and it’s not cheap. If you can’t find it feel free to substitute instant coffee granules. I always have those Via packs on hand and each one is about 1-2 teaspoons.
Enjoy! And I challenge you: step outside your comfort zone today. You might be surprised at how you feel!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Popcorn
- 7 cups prepared popcorn I used a Sea Salt & Olive Oil flavor
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch salt optional
- 1/2-1 teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- Put the popcorn in a large bowl. Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and espresso powder in a small bowl. (Use espresso powder to taste. If you can’t find espresso powder, substitute instant coffee granules.)
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the popcorn and toss gently until combined. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Last Updated on August 21, 2018
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: October 6, 2015