This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Are you ready for all the flavors of fall? This Pumpkin Spice Latte Popcorn is going to be your new favorite treat. It’s not only fast and easy to do – but it’s incredibly delicious and addictive as well. This is perfect for a simple fall dessert – or a great snack for movie night!
Table of Contents
Best Pumpkin Spice Latte Popcorn
Can we all just agree that popcorn should be its own food group? I mean, I see nothing wrong with eating this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
Popcorn is one of those foods that is extremely versatile in how it can be cooked and flavored – which is why I love it so much!
I’ve made this recipe for fall, but I’ve also made it for Thanksgiving and Christmas as well. It’s just a simple and easy snack that everyone can literally dig in.
(Get some really cute and festive popcorn bowls so that you can serve it with a flair!)
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s fast and simple to make
- It really does taste like a pumpkin spice latte!
- You can easily make a large batch to feed all your family and friends
- It’s a great treat to welcome in the fall!
Ingredients to make Pumpkin Spice Popcorn
One bite of this pumpkin-flavored popcorn, and you’re going to be hooked!
- Prepared popcorn – I use a light salt and olive oil combination to make my popcorn. You can use a stir crazy, air pop it, or cook it on the stove.
- Unsalted butter – If you use salted butter, make sure to omit adding in any extra salt.
- Light brown sugar – This adds a tad bit of sweetness.
- Pumpkin pie spice – The star of the show!
- Salt – Optional to add.
- Instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules – Use whichever you have on hand!
How to make Pumpkin Spice Latte Popcorn
- Pop the popcorn and then add it to a large bowl.
- Combine the melted butter, pumpkin pie spice, salt, brown sugar, and espresso powder in a bowl.
- Drizzle the mixture over the top of the popped popcorn and toss carefully until combined well.
How do I make homemade pumpkin spice?
You know that I think that homemade is always best! To make homemade pumpkin spice, simply combine ½ teaspoon cinnamon + ¼ teaspoon ground ginger + ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg, AND ⅛ teaspoon of allspice.
Stir together – and you’ve just created DIY pumpkin spice!
If you don’t have these ingredients or can’t find them at the store, you can use instant coffee. (and if you’re not a coffee drinker, you can buy the single packets at the store, so you don’t have to buy a bunch to have on hand.)
Be sure that the butter is melted and distributed evenly over the ingredients. If you have hunks of butter and they’re not melted, they could stick the popcorn kernels together and cause a clumpy mess.
The best way to keep popcorn fresh is to store it in an airtight container. You just need to add it to a container and put on a lid. It can be kept at room temperature for up to 1 day. (I highly doubt it’s going to last that long, but you never know!)
Air popping popcorn is the healthiest way to pop popcorn because it literally uses heat and air. There is no oil added, which is great. (Many people don’t care for air popping their popcorn, but if you’re adding other toppings and seasonings, it’s really no big deal!) You can also use a stir crazy to pop popcorn, but that will require some oil or butter to be added to pop the kernels.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Popcorn Recipe
- 7 cups prepared popcorn (plain or neutral flavored)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch salt optional
- ½-1 teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- Put the popcorn in a large bowl. Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and espresso powder in a small bowl. (Use espresso powder to taste. If you can’t find espresso powder, substitute instant coffee granules.)
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the popcorn and toss gently until combined. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
Make this EASY semi-homemade Pumpkin Spice Popcorn with kettle corn and tons of pumpkin pie spice -it’s like a pumpkin spice latte in snack form. The perfect fall appetizer recipe!
Last Updated on September 27, 2022