This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Watermelon Pizza is an easy summer recipe! This fresh fruit dessert pizza uses watermelon slices, whipped cream, and various fruits for topping. It’s easy to make and so sweet and yummy!
This post is sponsored by Raley’s O-N-E Market, where I found all the delicious ingredients to make this recipe.
Table of Contents
Easy Watermelon Pizza
Looking for a simple yet satisfying lighter dessert for summer? My fruit pizza with watermelon slices is the way to go. It’s perfect for parties – make the whole watermelon into pizza slices – or make it as a single dessert when that sugar craving hits!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Super simple to make – it’s basically just fruit and whipped cream!
- Vary the recipe to your tastes with different “sauces” and “toppings”
- Perfect for a party – it’s so pretty everyone will love it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Watermelon: It’s best to buy a seedless watermelon for this recipe. You can buy regular size ones or mini watermelons – your choice.
Fresh Whipped Cream: It’s easy to make homemade whipped cream and this is the “pizza sauce” for the dessert.
Fruit Toppings: Choose your favorite fruits to act as the pizza toppings.
I bought all the ingredients I needed for this recipe at Raley’s O-N-E Market, a new store in Roseville, California (there are other locations in the Sacramento and Tahoe area as well).
Raley’s O-N-E Market has organic and natural products as well as top brands. I love how their shelf guide makes it easy to spot products for your lifestyle and diet as well as a wide variety of freshly-made and ready-to-go foods. It’s my go-to place when I don’t want to cook dinner!
The market also has an extensive beer and wine selection as well as a Cafe and Wine Bar PLUS you can save time by shopping online and picking up in-store or having your items delivered.
Raley’s O-N-E Market really is ONE market for EVERY lifestyle and appetite!
What do I use for sauce?
I love using freshly whipped cream which is easy to make with heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. If you want something more stable, or something richer, here are some ideas:
- Stable Whipped Cream Frosting will last longer then regular whipped cream.
- Cream Cheese Frosting adds a little more flavor to the pizza sauce.
- Vanilla Buttercream makes it an extra sweet dessert fruit pizza.
The best part about my Watermelon Pizza recipe is that you can use what you love. Think about color when choosing fruit. Luckily, Raley’s O-N-E Market has a large produce section with lots to choose from.
Here are some ideas for different fruits to use:
- Berries: Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
- Cherries (pitted and cut in half)
- Grapes (whole or halved)
How to Cut a Watermelon into Pizza Slices
Cut off the end of the watermelon. Then slice large rounds – be careful it doesn’t roll. It’s best to use a cutting board and a large knife.
Slice the rounds about 1-2 inches thick.
Then it’s time to make your watermelon into pizzas!
How to make Watermelon Pizza
- Slice your Watermelon (as detailed above).
2. Make your whipped cream (or use whipped topping).
3. Frost the slices with whipped cream, then top with fruit as desired.
Use seedless watermelon for ease – any size.
Fresh whipped cream is delicious, or use whipped topping or one of my frosting recipes.
Yes! Just buy a large watermelon. Frost it before the party and add the fruit – or let people make their own!
I don’t recommend assembling this the day before because fruit tends to weep overnight.
Other Favorite Summer Recipes
- Watermelon Margaritas are a perfect use for extra watermelon.
- Blueberry Delight is a perfect no bake dessert for summer.
- My Fresh Strawberry Pie is a huge hit all season long.
If you’re in the area, be sure to visit Raley’s O-N-E Market and grab everything you need to make this recipe!
Watermelon Pizza Recipe
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 1 cup (237ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons (14g) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Assorted Fruits, for topping
- Slice your watermelon into large rounds. (Cut off one end, then slice 1-2 inches thick). Amount of slices will depend on the size of your watermelon.
- Beat heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Frost each slice of watermelon with whipped cream. Top with assorted fruits.
- Serve within 4 hours.
- The amount of servings will depend on the size of your watermelon. Be sure to buy seedless – can use mini or regular sized.
- Learn how to make whipped cream from scratch.
- Whipped Cream Frosting would also be amazing in this.
- Use your favorite fruits for topping: berries, mango, kiwi, grapes, cherries, dragonfruit, etc.
Watermelon Pizza is an easy fruit pizza recipe that’s a great summer dessert – watermelon slices with whipped cream and fresh fruit for topping!