If you follow me on Facebook you may have read about my frustrating search for pumpkin puree last week. I had been waiting for the perfect moment to make something pumpkin and that moment was last weekend. I was baking up a storm for a dessert buffet for the teachers at my daughters’ school and wanted to include this pumpkin cake.
And if you still can’t find pumpkin? Give me a holler…I think I have some to spare. (Wink, wink.)
Pumpkin Cake with Browned Butter Frosting
For the cake:
- 1 box of yellow cake mix I used Betty Crocker Supermoist Yellow Cake
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
For the glaze:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Using a hand mixer, blend all of the ingredients in a large bowl on medium speed.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze: Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until butter has browned. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Stir until no lumps remain. Pour immediately over top of cooled cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: September 23, 2011