This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Peppermint Ganache Pie uses only 6 ingredients, and it comes together in no time. Oh, and did I mention that this easy peppermint pie recipe has an Oreo crust full of chocolate ganache flavored with peppermint?
Yeah, this Peppermint Ganache Pie is pretty much the perfect holiday pie recipe.
Table of Contents
Easy Peppermint Chocolate Pie
Maybe it’s because they only make candy canes at Christmas? And why is that?? I mean, you can get holiday colored Cadbury Eggs now and they sell eggnog at Easter. It makes no sense why I can’t satisfy my candy cane craving in June.
What is Peppermint Ganache Pie?
I mean, how pretty is this pie? It’s an Oreo crust filled with chocolate ganache. Is there anything better? (Except maybe…a s’mores version?)
And not only is it chocolate ganache, it’s peppermint chocolate ganache. As in, the ganache has a peppermint flavor to it. Pretty much this pie IS peppermint. Which means I can only make it at the holidays.
4 Ingredient Peppermint Chocolate Pie
The ganache in this Peppermint Ganache Pie was made with chocoalte chips and heavy whipping cream, with some of International Delight’s Peppermint Chocolate Truffle Creamer added to it. It gives a delightfully peppermint flavor to the ganache. Chocolate and peppermint are total BFFs, you know. And ganache and pie are also BFFs. The logic there is that this pie should be your BFF.
And the best part about this pie? If you don’t love peppermint, you can use your favorite flavor coffee creamer. There are so many out there right now. I bet the White Chocolate Raspberry would be amazing too. Or the Gingerbread Latte!
However you roll, you can make your favorite flavor ganache pie by simply reducing the amount of heavy whipping cream and adding 1/4 cup of your favorite flavor creamer.
How to Make Peppermint Chocolate Pie
- Make your Oreo Crust if you’re making from scratch, or grab one at the store.
- Heat your cream and coffee creamer until just before it boils. Pour over chocolate and let sit 30 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth and pour into pie crust. Let set.
Peppermint Ganache Pie Recipe
- 12 ounces (340g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (177ml) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup (59ml) peppermint mocha flavored coffee creamer (see note)
- 2-3 candy canes crushed, for garnish (see note)
- 1 9-inch Oreo Pie Crust (homemade or from the store)
- Heat the heavy whipping cream and creamer in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup until it’s very hot, just before simmering. (About 90 seconds on high in my microwave.)
- Place chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl and pour hot cream over the top. Let it sit for 30 seconds, then whisk until smooth and thick. (If all of the chocolate chips do not want to melt, you can heat it in the microwave in 15 second increments, whisking between each, until melted and smooth.)
- Pour ganache into pie crust. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Chill until set, or at least 4 hours.
- The pie is best served after sitting at room temperature for about 10 minutes, so it’s easier to cut. The candy canes may dissolve a little on the pie after it's refrigerated but it won't ruin the look of the pie.
- Coffee Creamer: If you don’t want to use coffee creamer, use half and half or more heavy whipping cream and add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Candy Canes: They sell crushed candy cane bits during the holiday season – using these is way easier than crushing your own candy canes and they don’t dissolve in the refrigerator.
- Store pie in refrigerator. This tastes best at room temperature. I do not recommend freezing this pie.
If you love the Peppermint Ganache Pie recipe, you’ll love these recipes too!
- See more of my ultimate pie recipes here!
- See more of my coffee creamer recipes here!
- Peppermint Chess Pie
- Peppermint Blossoms
- S’mores Ganache Pie
Last Updated on February 2, 2023