This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Peppermint Blossom Cookies are a pudding cookies recipe turned into a blossom cookie complete with a peppermint kiss on top! The cookies are flavored with white chocolate, which pairs perfectly with the peppermint.
I’ve been snacking on these for weeks now…they’re in my freezer and. I can’t stop eating them!
Blossom cookies with Hershey Kisses are a classic cookie, but I am aware that not everyone loves or can have peanut butter, so I thought, why not take a classic blossom cookie and give it a different twist?
Peanut butter blossom cookies have been around forever. They first came to fame after someone won the Pillsbury Bake-Off with them. Don’t get me wrong – I love a classic blossom cookie, but sometimes it’s nice to switch things up!
Table of Contents
Blossom Cookies with Peppermint Kisses
So, say hello to peppermint blossom cookies! These are white chocolate pudding cookies dressing up with a festive peppermint Kiss.
They look just like a blossom cookie but holiday-style! Basically, these are triple the white chocolate goodness in one small cookie with a pop of peppermint. It’s also the perfect excuse to use Kisses that aren’t regular chocolate.
This recipe starts with my favorite pudding cookie recipe. It has melted white chocolate and white chocolate pudding mix in the batter. When you top the cookies with a red and white Kiss, you get the perfect Christmas cookie.
Ingredients in Blossom Cookies
- Butter: I always use softened unsalted butter
- Sugar: you’ll need granulated sugar for in the cookies and for rolling them before baking.
- White Chocolate: Melted white chocolate adds some nice flavor to the cookies!
- Instant Pudding Mix: these are soft and pillowy PUDDING COOKIES! White chocolate instant pudding mix adds flavor, but you can also use vanilla pudding mix. Just make sure it’s INSTANT.
- Eggs, Vanilla, Salt, Baking Soda, Flour: traditional cookie ingredients
- Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses: these create the “blossom”…just make sure they are unwrapped!
How to Make Peppermint Blossoms
Melt: melt the white chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. Use 50% power and stir every 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Cream: Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the pudding mix and mix until combined. Add the white chocolate and mix again until smooth.
Finish the dough: Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combine. Mix in the baking soda and flour and mix until it comes together.
Scoop: To make the cookie balls, scoop one tablespoon of dough. You roll each cookie ball in granulated sugar for a crunchy sugary coating or just bake them plain.
Bake: Bake the cookies for seven to nine minutes or until the bottoms start to turn golden. Remove the cookies from the oven and, while they’re still hot, press one Candy Cane Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie.
Cool: Cool the cookies on the pan until they are completely cooled. If you move them while they’re warm, they could collapse.
Tips for Making White Chocolate Pudding Cookies
If you can’t find a white chocolate pudding mix, you can substitute vanilla.
Be sure to use INSTANT pudding mix for this recipe. Also, you don’t have to make the pudding – just add the dry mix to the batter.
Rolling the cookie dough balls in sugar is optional, but it gives the baked cookies a nice sugary texture and a cohesive shape.
Have your Kisses unwrapped and ready to go because you need to press them into the cookies while they are still hot. They’re not as stable as the regular chocolate ones, so wait to move the cookies until they’re cooled.
Store these in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
I just love these peppermint blossom cookies! They’re so festive and perfect for holiday cookie platters. If you’re looking for a new Christmas cookie recipe to try this year, be sure to add them to your list!
Other Christmas Cookies
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Triple White Chocolate Peppermint Blossoms
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces white chocolate (from a baking bar)
- 1 box white chocolate instant pudding about 3.4 ounces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 36 Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses unwrapped
- Additional sugar for rolling if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly while you start the cookies.
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add pudding mix and blend until combined. Add white chocolate and mix until mixture is smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Mix in baking soda and flour and mix until cookie dough forms.
- Place about 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl for rolling, if desired. (Cookies will be a little crunchy on the outside with the sugar, if you use it.)
- Scoop one tablespoon balls of dough and roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes until bottoms just begin to get golden. Remove from oven and immediately press an unwrapped Peppermint Hershey’s Kiss on top. Do not move pan until Kiss is cooled, or it will collapse.
- Cookies can be frozen for later consumption, if desired. Place in a ziploc bag between layers of paper towel for best results when freezing.
- If you can’t find a white chocolate pudding mix, you can substitute vanilla.
- Be sure to use INSTANT pudding mix for this recipe. Also, you don’t have to make the pudding – just add the dry mix to the batter.
- Rolling the cookie dough balls in sugar is optional, but it gives the baked cookies a nice sugary texture.
- Have your Kisses unwrapped and ready to go because you need to press them into the cookies while they are still hot. They’re not as stable as the regular chocolate ones, so wait to move the cookies until they’re cooled.
Peppermint Blossom Cookies are an easy white chocolate pudding cookie topped with a Peppermint Kiss! Kiss Cookies are such a delicious Christmas cookie recipe and these are perfect for peppermint lovers!
Last Updated on November 24, 2020