This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Creamy No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake turned into cute mini cheesecakes! This recipe makes 12 no bake mini cheesecakes that are the perfect individual dessert. If you love creamy cheesecake with a punch of citrus, these mini key lime cheesecakes are for you!
Table of Contents
- MINI No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
- Ingredients in Key Lime Cheesecake
- How to Make No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
- How to Serve Mini Cheesecakes
- How to Store Mini No Bake Cheesecakes
- Why is my no bake cheesecake not firm?
- Expert Tips
- More Desserts Perfect for Parties
- No Bake Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes Recipe Recipe
MINI No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
Today we’re taking two things I love – cheesecake and fresh citrus – and turning them into adorable mini key lime cheesecakes! They have the best creamy cheesecake filling flavored with key lime on top of a simple graham cracker crust.
For this no bake cheesecake – key lime edition – a muffin pan is our friend. It makes it so easy to make perfectly-sized mini cheesecakes!
I love the rich cheesecake filling with the tart lime juice – it’s such a great combination. Not to mention these are no bake mini cheesecakes. No oven required!
The filling is rich but light. That’s because it’s a no bake key lime cheesecake with Cool Whip that’s folded into the cream cheese mixture.
Ingredients in Key Lime Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crumbs: You can also crush your own graham crackers like I do for my graham cracker crust.
Granulated Sugar: For the crust – you can swap brown sugar if needed.
Melted unsalted butter: Binds the crust
Softened cream cheese: Be sure it’s room temperature to avoid lumps.
Powdered sugar: To sweeten the cheesecakes
Key lime juice and zest: I like using bottled key lime juice for ease!
Vanilla extract: Only use PURE vanilla!
Whipped topping: Cool Whip helps stabilize the cheesecake.
How to Make No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Press two tablespoons of the mixture into each liner. Use a spoon to press the crumbs so they form a crust.
- Beat the cream cheese at high speed with an electric mixer. Scrape down the bowl and add the powdered sugar. Mix at low speed to combine and then increase the speed to high for one minute.
- Add the lime juice and zest and mix well.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping with a spatula.
- Divide the filling equally among the cupcake liners. Smooth the tops of each cheesecake and then refrigerate them for at least four hours or, ideally, overnight.
How to Serve Mini Cheesecakes
When you’re ready to serve them, top them with some whipped topping. You can spoon it over the top or use a piping bag with a star tip. Sprinkle more zest over the top for decoration, if desired.
How to Store Mini No Bake Cheesecakes
Refrigerator: If you want to make them ahead, wait to add the whipped topping on top. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days. Add the topping before you serve them.
Freezer: You can freeze no bake mini cheesecakes for up to three months. You can serve them frozen or you can thaw them in the refrigerator before serving them.
Why is my no bake cheesecake not firm?
Be sure to use full-fat cream cheese for this recipe. Also, if you don’t chill the cheesecake long enough, the filling will not be set. You need to chill them for at least four hours but overnight is better.
- You can buy a box of graham cracker crumbs that are ready to use or prepare your own using a food processor. It takes about 14 graham cracker sheets to get 1 ½ cups of crumbs.
- Instead of graham crackers you can use Nilla wafers, shortbread cookies, or crispy chocolate cookies to make the crust.
- If you can’t find key limes, you can use three tablespoons of lime juice plus one tablespoon lemon juice as a substitute.
- Don’t use nonfat or low-fat cream cheese – it won’t set up properly.
- Cool Whip makes these more stable – I have not tested this recipe with whipped cream.
More Desserts Perfect for Parties
- Mini Berry Pies are perfect with crumble topping
- Key Lime Cheesecake is a baked version of this recipe.
- Key Lime Pie is one of my favorites too!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
No Bake Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs 150 grams
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar 67 grams
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter 85 grams
- 2 packages 8 ounces each cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar 56 grams
- ¼ cup key lime juice 60 ml
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipped topping plus more for garnish
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs with sugar, melted butter, and salt, until well combined.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture in the bottom of each cupcake liner. Press firmly with the back of a spoon or with your fingers, to pack the crust tightly.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat on high speed for 2 minutes. This can be done using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Scrape the sides, then add the powdered sugar. Mix on low speed until combined, then increase to high speed for 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla, key lime juice and key lime zest and mix well.
- Gently fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture being careful not to deflate the whipped cream.
- Fill the muffin cups with the cheesecake filling, spreading the tops to smooth.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with dollops of whipped topping or use a large star tip and a decorator bag to pipe the topping onto the cheesecakes. Garnish with additional key lime zest.
This key lime cheesecake no bake recipe is so good! That refreshing lime flavor with the rich and creamy cheesecake filling is just simply the best combination. It’ll be your go-to summer dessert this year!
Last Updated on August 12, 2022