This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan is an easy and fast way to make a Chicken Parmesan recipe! Just a few ingredients and dinner is ready in under 30 minutes. I turned my favorite easy chicken parmesan into an Instant Pot recipe an I’m super excited to share it!
A reader messaged me the other day begging for more instant pot recipes and I was delighted to have this one waiting in the wings. I’m trying as hard as I can to post more instant pot chicken recipes because I know you all love them!
Do you have an instant pot yet? Or any electric pressure cooker? (Any will do; Instant Pot is my favorite brand.) If not, you need one. They’re life changing!
Most people that don’t have one (or have one still in its box) are afraid to use it. And believe me, I was that way too. It took me awhile (and a lot of reading) to get up the courage to try mine the first time. But Instant Pots really are life savers, especially when you’re busy or don’t feel like cooking. They do all the work for you!
If you use a crockpot I guarantee you’ll love using an Instant Pot. Plus: a pressure cooker is faster! I love making dinner in my crockpot but I always forget to start it early enough. With the Instant Pot you don’t have to worry about it.
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan is an easy and healthier chicken parmesan recipe that’s done in 30 minutes!
Healthy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
This really is a healthier recipe than one that’s breaded or fried. I don’t miss the breading in this recipe; it tastes the same with less calories. This recipe only has a few ingredients:
- Pasta Sauce
I love using my crockpot tomato sauce in this recipe, but you can definitely use a jarred sauce. If I’m being honest, I use a jar 90% of the time because I forget to make the tomato sauce and freeze it.
Whenever I use a jar of marinara sauce I always doctor it with some extra garlic and red pepper flake. I feel like it adds flavor and takes away some of the jarred taste.
If you’ve never cooked instant pot chicken breast, be sure to check out my tutorial. It’s really helpful!
This really is one of the most simple instant pot chicken recipes I’ve tried: just dump and cook.
I love those recipes, especially on busy work nights or when we have evening activities (or I don’t feel like cooking). It’s like having restaurant takeout at home, cheaper, for less calories.
You could make this in different ways, either serve it as whole breasts like I did, or make instant pot shredded chicken using the pasta sauce as the cooking liquid. That recipe would turn out a bit like my Crockpot Chicken Marinara, but cooked in way less time.
What goes good with chicken parmesan?
I love serving this over a bed of pasta (spaghetti or penne are my two favorites). If you’re eating low-carb, try using Banza Pasta (it comes in an orange box) and is higher protein and lower carb. Or use whole wheat pasta. I’ve trained myself to like both, so I don’t even notice it’s different anymore.
Or, try serving with zoodles (zucchini noodles), or just a bunch of veggies on the side or some other side dishes:
- Roasted Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
- Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Brown Rice
- Roasted Potatoes
- Fluffy Dinner Rolls
Need an Instant Pot? Buy one here!
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot sauté lid – a game changer for things like this when you want to melt cheese on top!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan
- 1 pound chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
- 24 ounces pasta sauce or 1 jar
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Pasta for serving
- Add pasta sauce to the instant pot liner. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes.
- Place chicken breastss in the bottom of your instant pot liner. If they're really thick, pound them uniform in size.
- Close and lock the instant pot lid. Make sure the release valve is closed. Set the pressure to high for 10 minutes. Let come to pressure, cook for 10 minutes, then do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Release any steam and unlock the lid. Add cheese to the top of each chicken breast. Close the lid and set the pressure cooker to warm or saute on low. Keep the lid on, checking after a few minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with pasta or vegetables.
Last Updated on May 31, 2019