This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This easy Spicy Chicken Dinner is a 30 minute meal that’s perfect for weeknights. It’s a one pot skillet meal with corn and zucchini with a little bit of spice! Even the picky eaters liked this chicken recipe.
Table of Contents
- One of the BEST Spicy Chicken Recipes
- One Pot Meal 30 Minute Meal
- Ingredients in Easy Spice Rub for chicken
- What kind of chicken is best?
- What vegetables to use
- Tips for making Spicy Recipes with Chicken
- If you love Spicy Chicken Dinners you’ll love:
- Spicy Chicken Dinner with corn and zucchini Recipe Recipe
One of the BEST Spicy Chicken Recipes
I constantly struggle with getting dinner on the table every night. Mel helps and we divide up days, but still – cooking almost every night can get so tiring, which is why it’s important to find recipes you really like that you can make again and again.
That’s why I love this Spicy Chicken Dinner with corn and zucchini: it’s an easy meal we love – it’s a bit spicy and a lot delicious.
Seriously – I make some version of this at least once a month and it’s always a family favorite.
One Pot Meal 30 Minute Meal
I love me a one pot meal. Sure, I don’t mind making rice or pasta or something but I can’t stand when I have to wash a meat pan, a pasta pan and a vegetable pan. Whenever I can do all of my recipe in one pot, I’m totally digging it.
This easy one pot skillet meal has spicy chicken with corn, zucchini and peppers. There are tons of vegetables in the corn mixture and you won’t miss the extra carbs from pasta or rice.
My favorite dinner recipes are one pot skillet meals that take less than 30 minutes. This Spicy Chicken satisfies all those requirements.
Ingredients in Easy Spice Rub for chicken
I used a few spices I had on hand to make this spicy chicken:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- Chipotle Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Salt and pepper
If you’ve never used chipotle chili powder or smoked paprika you must try them. They add a spice and a smokiness to any recipe. They’re two of my most used spices.
What kind of chicken is best?
We usually have boneless skinless chicken breasts in the freezer but if I’m at the store I’ll often grab a package of chicken breast tenders. I like the taste of them better, probably because they’re smaller and cook faster and more evenly.
You can use either full breasts or tenders for this recipe but if you’re using full breasts, I recommend that you slice them smaller and make sure they’re evenly sized. This will ensure even, fast cooking.
What vegetables to use
In a way, this recipe is like a stir fry made of spicy chicken and tons of summer vegetables. Even though it’s full of summer veggies, we make this all year.
My go-to mix of vegetables for this meal are:
- Corn (fresh or frozen)
- Red bell pepper
- Red or yellow onion
You can mix and match vegetables as you like. Try using yellow squash or maybe some butternut squash!
This easy one pot meal is the perfect chicken dinner. It’s a bit spicy with lots of delicious stir-fried vegetables. One of our favorite meals, this recipe is even picky eater approved!
Tips for making Spicy Recipes with Chicken
- If you use whole chicken breasts, be sure to cut them into bite size or smaller pieces so they cook more evenly.
- Depending on the vegetables you use, be sure to add the softer ones last so they don’t over cook.
- Up the spice if you want it spicier or reduce it to make a less spicy chicken dinner.
Other Easy One Pot Chicken Dinners:
- Penne with Chicken
- Chicken Broccoli Skillet Meal
- 20-minute Enchilada Skillet
- I love Becky’s One Pot Chicken Alfredo Skillet too!
I love my Staub 13-inch Skillet for making one pot meals!
If you love Spicy Chicken Dinners you’ll love:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Spicy Chicken Dinner with corn and zucchini Recipe
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders or boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 small red onion diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed and diced
- 1 medium or 2 small zucchini cut small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Lime
- If you’re using full chicken breasts, slice them into smaller uniform size pieces (about 4 per breast depending on size).
- Mix salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika and chili powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle over both sides of the chicken.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken in a single layer. Cook about 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is almost cooked through (cooking time depends on thickness of chicken).
- Remove chicken to a plate. Add remaining oil to the skillet and turn heat to medium.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and jalapeño to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic. Season vegetables with about 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until zucchini starts too brown.
- Add corn to the pan and stir all the vegetables together. Return the chicken to the pan and nestle it in the vegetables. Cover and finish cooking until the chicken is done (internal temperature of 165°F), corn is hot and zucchini is cooked to your liking (less time if you like it al dente, more if you like it softer).
- Remove from heat and squeeze the juice of one lime over the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
This Spicy Chicken Dinner recipe is a one pot meal made so easy and flavorful! It’s made with corn and zucchini and only takes 30 minutes.
Last Updated on February 18, 2022