This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Chocolate Fondue has a peanut butter twist for a rich and decadent dip that is perfect for parties or whenever you want to treat yourself! It’s an easy sweet fondue recipe with only three ingredients. Add your favorite dippers like fruit, cookies, or marshmallows for a fun dessert.
Yes – I said just THREE Ingredients!
Fondue has always been a tradition for us during the holidays, and there’s nothing we love more than chocolate peanut butter fondue. We make it for parties, we make it for New Year’s, sometimes we just make it on a Saturday night. It was really fun when Jordan was younger – she thought it was so fancy to dip things in chocolate.
If you’ve ever seen a chocolate fountain at a wedding this is basically that, except instead of a fountain, decadent chocolate and peanut butter are melted together to make a dessert dip. Not gonna lie, I can eat the fondue with a spoon, but adding some dippers is the more traditional way of enjoying it.
The Best Chocolate Fondue Recipe
If you don’t know how to make fondue, let me assure you – it’s not hard at all! I’ve seen some really fancy, complicated chocolate fondue recipes, but this one is just as good and a lot easier to make. Three ingredients easy!
You don’t even need a stove to make it – if you have a microwave, you can make the best chocolate fondue that is smooth, rich, and perfect for parties or just for you.
Table of Contents
With only 3 ingredients, this peanut butter chocolate fondue comes together in a snap.
- Chocolate chips – choose your favorite. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate works well!
- Heavy whipping cream – this adds a creamy, rich texture.
- Peanut butter – use a regular store brand like Skippy or Jif, not natural peanut butter.
How to Make Fondue
You can make the chocolate fondue with peanut butter on the stovetop or in the microwave – or even in a crockpot. Both methods are easy!
Stovetop: Combine the ingredients in a saucepan and heat it over medium-low heat. Stir it frequently as it warms and, once the chocolate is melted and smooth, pour it into a fondue pot and serve.
Microwave: Place all three ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for 30 seconds. Stir and then heat it again for 30 seconds. Stir and if it needs more time, keep heating and stirring until the chocolate is smooth. Pour it into a fondue pot, and it’s ready to serve.
Crockpot: use a small crockpot (often called the “Little Dipper”). You’ll need one that is about 16 ounces but no bigger than 1 quart. Add all the ingredients and heat on low until melted and smooth, about an hour or so. Check it often to see how it’s melting.
Good Things to Dip in Fondue
Once it’s in the fondue pot, just give it a stir every once in a while to keep it smooth and creamy. Oh, and don’t forget the dippers – here are some ideas for snacks to serve with it:
- Fresh fruit is delicious – strawberries, sliced bananas, pineapple chunks, and sliced apples work great.
- Sweet treats – try shortbread cookies, cubed pound cake or angel food cake, graham crackers, marshmallows, or even small cubes of rice krispie treats.
- Non-sweet treats – salty snacks like pretzels are great for dipping, or bites of crusty bread like baguette are great with the rich chocolate.
When we make it for the three of us, we choose a couple of different treats to dip. For parties, we go all out and make a platter of dippers so everyone can choose their favorites.
If you’ve been looking for a fun dessert, a peanut butter chocolate fondue will make everyone happy! It’s a classic, and this recipe is the best – with only three ingredients, there’s no reason not to give it a try. You won’t regret it, I promise!
Other Fun Recipes
- Warm Cookie Dough Dip
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- Pecan Pie Dip
- Cookies & Cream Fondue by High Heels and Grills
- Nutella Fondue by The Gunny Sack
Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue
- 12 ounces chocolate chips about 2 cups
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Assorted cookies or fruit for dipping
- Stovetop: Add all three ingredients to a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring almost constantly, until melted and smooth. Pour into fondue pot.
- Microwave: place all three ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Pour into fondue pot.
- Serve with assorted dippers: fruit, crackers, cookies, or marshmallows.
Chocolate Fondue is so much better when it has peanut butter in it! Peanut Butter Fondue has just 3 ingredients and is perfect for dipping fruit or cookies. This is the BEST fondue recipe ever!
Last Updated on February 2, 2023