This easy Crockpot Pepper Steak recipe is the perfect dinner for busy weeknights! Tender beef and peppers simmer all day in the crockpot so you have a hearty dinner waiting for you at night.
You can serve ithis with rice, pasta or with hoagie rolls for easy sandwiches. It’s so simple, filling and always a hit when I make it.
I would be lost without my crockpot! There have been so many times that it’s saved me at dinner time! When things get busy around here, I know I need to lean on my favorite easy crockpot recipes.
For those busy days when everyone is tired and starving when they get home it’s such a relief to have dinner, like this Crock Pot Pepper Steak recipe, ready to go.
This easy Pepper Steak is perfect with rice or pasta, but for an even easier dinner I just pull out some rolls and everyone makes sandwiches. Doesn’t get any easier than that!
Table of Contents
Best Cut of Beef for Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
For slow cooker beef and peppers the best cut of meat to use is beef chuck roast, which is the same cut you use for pot roast. It’s a tougher cut of meat which means it’s great for slow cooking over several hours.
As it cooks, the fat melts down and the meat turns very tender. By the time you’re ready to serve it’s melt-in-your-mouth amazing.
Other Ingredients You’ll Need
This recipe only takes about 15 minutes of prep time in the morning. After that, go about your day and dinner is waiting when you get home.
- For the veggies you’ll need sliced onions and sliced red and green bell peppers. Put them in the slow cooker first. If you don’t like green bell peppers, you can use two red or mix and match red, orange and yellow.
- The chuck roast goes on top of the vegetables. It’s always important to put the vegetables on the bottom of the slow cooker so that the meat has someplace to sit.
- The beef and peppers simmer all day in a homemade sauce made with Worcestershire sauce, low-sodium beef stock, minced garlic cloves, dried oregano and salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook the beef and peppers for eight hours on low. When it’s done the beef will be so tender you can shred it with a fork.
Like I mentioned, we love this Beef and Peppers with rice or pasta. It also makes an amazing sandwich filling!
Tips for Cooking Beef in the Slow Cooker
- I don’t brown the beef before adding it to the slow cooker. I find it’s just as delicious without this extra step! But if you want brown your meat first you can do that in a large pot on the stove. Once it’s browned, add some beef stock and scrape up all the brown stuff stuck to the bottom of pan. Pour it all into the slow cooker with the rest of the sauce.
- I don’t salt the beef because the Worcestershire sauce has plenty of salt in it and will season the beef as it cooks.
- I recommend using low-sodium beef stock so your beef and peppers isn’t too salty.
- While the beef is cooking don’t open the slow cooker. You don’t need to stir it and taking the lid off means you’ll need to add extra cooking time.
- The nice thing about chuck roast is that’s it very hard to over cook it! You can keep in the slow cooker on warm for a while after it’s done cooking and it will still be delicious.
- Once it’s done, remove it to a cutting board to slice/shred and then return it to the juices to keep it warm for serving.
This Crockpot Pepper Steak is such an easy dinner – perfect for busy weeknights! You’ll want to add it to your dinner rotation – I think your family will love it as much as mine does.
Other favorite crockpot recipes
- Crockpot pot roast with gravy
- BBQ chicken in the slow cooker
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken and Mushrooms
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Crockpot Beef and Peppers Recipe
- 1 medium onion halved and sliced
- 1 medium red pepper sliced
- 1 medium green pepper sliced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast pot roast, about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup beef stock low-sodium preferred
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add onion and peppers to the bottom of a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Place the meat on top the vegetables. Stir together the Worcestershire, stock, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over the meat in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Stir to break up the meat.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or on hoagie rolls as sandwiches.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Make my Crockpot Pepper Steak Recipe – an easy dinner recipe made in the slow cooker! Serve it with rice or on hoagie rolls for a simple weeknight meal – this is one of the best ever slow cooker beef recipes.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: February 13, 2020