This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Caesar Salad with Chicken is a quick 30 minute meal! This is a semi-homemade salad with tender chicken, Parmesan cheese, crispy bacon, and creamy avocado. Add some prepared croutons and Caesar dressing, and you get a fantastic dinner salad that’s better than any restaurant!
Table of Contents
Caesar Salad with Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado
I used to think if I shared a salad recipe, it needed to be entirely from scratch – dressing and all! Well, those days are over because a high-maintenance salad in my real life just doesn’t work. So, if you’re like me, you’re all about the semi-homemade recipes, too.
Enter chicken Caesar salad with bacon – sure, you could be all fancy-like and make the dressing and croutons from scratch, but I know for me that’s never happening. So, I make this semi-homemade Caesar salad and, you know what? It’s amazing.
Easy 30 Minute Dinner
We’re doing a little cooking for this one, hence the semi-homemade, but the whole thing is ready in 30 minutes. It’s a hearty salad and can stand all on its own as a main dish. Just add some bread on the side.
What makes it so filling is the chicken, bacon, and avocado. The combination is so good with the crispy lettuce and creamy dressing. Just add some croutons, and you end up with a restaurant-quality salad that doesn’t have a restaurant price tag.
We love this salad all year – during the summer, we make it a grilled chicken Caesar salad, but a lot of the time, I just make rotisserie chicken Caesar salad. Or, use up that leftover chicken in the fridge!
If you’re craving a fresh and light salad that will fill you up, this easy chicken Caesar salad is for you. It’s a great weeknight meal!
Ingredients in Simple Caesar Salad
Bacon: I recommend using center-cut bacon slices, but use your favorite. I’ve also made this with turkey bacon!
Romaine Lettuce: Chop it to your desired size. I love it shredded too!
Cooked chicken: Use grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, or leftover chicken. I love using my shredded instant pot chicken for this!
Avocado: The combination of bacon and avocado takes this salad to another level.
Shredded parmesan cheese: For garnish
Croutons: Use your favorite kind – or skip them!
Caesar Dressing: I love using bottled dressing because it’s so easy. Use your favorite, but I love Ken’s Low Fat Caesar or any yogurt caesar dressing.
How to make Caesar Salad Semi-Homemade
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet on the stove. Once it’s crispy, take it out of the pan and then crumble it or roughly chop it.
- Place the lettuce in a large serving bowl. Add the cooked bacon, chicken, and avocado.
- Top the salad with dressing and then lightly toss it to combine. Sprinkle the croutons and Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Dressing: There are so many Caesar dressings at the store these days, so choose your favorite. I prefer refrigerated dressing and like the brand Ken’s Lite. We’ve also tried the yogurt Caesar dressings too.
- Croutons: Lots of options for these, too, so pick your favorite! Plain ones work great, or try one of the many flavors of croutons available at the store.
- Lettuce: You can use leafy romaine or Romain hearts. Or, do a combo to give your salad more texture.
How to Store Caesar Salad
Once the salad is dressed, it won’t keep well. You can keep them in the refrigerator if you have leftovers, but the lettuce will get pretty soggy, so it’s best once it’s made.
Can I make Caesar Salad ahead of time?
Want to make avocado Caesar salad ahead? You can! Assemble the salad but wait to add the dressing and croutons. Cover the bowl, keep it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, and add the dressing and croutons before serving.
This Caesar salad with avocado and bacon is one of our favorites – it’s so easy to toss together, and it’s just as good as a from-scratch salad! Semi-homemade for the win, friends – I know you’re going to love it, too.
More Salads to Make at Home
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Caesar Salad with Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Recipe
- 4 slices center-cut bacon
- 10 ounces romaine lettuce leafy or hearts or a mix
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded rotisserie or leftover
- 1 medium avocado
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- ¼-1/2 cup Caesar dressing
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain excess oil then crumble.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Add bacon, chicken, and avocado.
- Add desired amount of dressing and toss salad. Sprinkle with parmesan and croutons.
- Serve immediately after dressing. You can make the salad without dressing and croutons up to 24 hours ahead (store tightly covered in refrigerator).
• Use your favorite Caesar dressing – we love Ken’s light or the new yogurt Caesar dressings you can find these days. The most important thing is to use what you love!
Caesar Salad with Chicken and Bacon is ready in 30 minutes. It’s a hearty salad and can stand all on its own as a main dish – just add some bread on the side!
I’ve used REAL BACON-crumbles!