This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
2 ingredient Crockpot Chili Dip is the easiest appetizer recipe! We love making this for game day or holidays and it’s easy to change up the flavors with just a few extra ingredients.
Any appetizer that can be done in the slow cooker is my favorite kind of appetizer – set it and forget it until your guests show up!
Table of Contents
When I made my Cheesy Chili Dip I didn’t realize what a HUGE hit it would be – but it was! That’s when I started noticing how often I saw Crockpot Chili Cheese Dip at parties.
I first tasted this dip at a BBQ last summer and was shocked at how easy the host said it was to prepare: just 2 ingredients! And she set the crockpot and walked away and it cooked itself. GENIUS.
Another one of my friends loves chili cheese dip because I noticed it at every fall holiday party we went to – and I decided I needed to make this for myself and it was just as easy as I thought it would be!
Crockpot Chili Dip has just 2 ingredients:
- Cream Cheese
When it comes to cream cheese you should use a block cream cheese, and use your favorite brand (I love Challenge, obvi).
For the chili, use your favorite. My friend who gave me the recipe said a chili without beans is best, but use what you like (or even a vegetarian chili). Just use the brand you prefer!
Make chili cheese dip in the crockpot!
While my other recipe for a similar dip is baked in the oven, this one is done in the slow cooker. While the recipes are similar the taste is very different!
Why do I love making this in the slow cooker? Because you can keep it warm!
That’s what I love about fondue pots and slow cookers: keeping the food warm. There’s nothing appetizing about congealed cheesy dip, is there? To serve this dip just set the crockpot to the warm setting and it’s stay warm throughout the party.
Notes about using a slow cooker
- Use a small crockpot for this (about a 2 Qt).
- I cooked mine on high for about 2 hours but you just want to cook it until the cheese is soft (melted) and the dip can be stirred together. Then turn it to warm.
- All slow cookers cook differently – age, brand, use – so make sure you do what your gut tells you about how hot yours gets.
Serving Chili Dip
I like to serve mine with chips but here are some other ideas:
- Tortilla Chips
- Celery or carrots
Or whatever you like!
Other appetizers to serve alongside chili dip:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Crockpot Chili Dip
- 15 can chili without beans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Place the chili in the bottom of a small crockpot (2 quart size). Add the cream cheese on top. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until the mixture is hot. Stir it after an hour to check, so that the mixture doesn’t burn.
- Serve hot with chips.
Make crockpot chili dip with cream cheese and just 2 ingredients! This recipe is an easy appetizer for game day. You can use any kind of chili (Hormel, Stagg, with beans or no bean) to make this easy cheesy dip.