This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This is a homemade Coffee Ice Cream Recipe that combines strong coffee, Nutella, and sweetened condensed milk to create a delicious no churn ice cream made without a machine!
Table of Contents
No Churn Coffee Ice Cream
Ever had Spanish coffee before? I recently tried Cafe Bombon and oh my gosh… All coffee lovers MUST try it! It’s just strong espresso with sweetened condensed milk, but wow. The contrast of the two makes the perfect combination. I had my Cafe Bombon with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle. SO good.
I’ve made several coffee recipes before like the delicious Mocha Frosting or Mochadoodles. This no churn coffee ice cream recipe is like the Cafe Bombon, just in ice cream form. It’s strong coffee with creamy sweetness to cool you down for Summer. Perfection.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- A hint of strong coffee compliments the creamy sweetness
- Easy to make – minimal ingredients
- I added Nutella because chocolate and coffee are so good together.
- No machine needed!
- Coffee: I’m using one packet of instant coffee to make a strong coffee add in.
- Water: pour water over medium heat to mix the instant coffee together
- Heavy whipping cream: a must ingredient for when making any no-churn ice cream recipe
- Sweetened condensed milk: no added sugar needed! All of the delicious sweetness comes from one can
- Nutella: for added chocolate flavor
How to make coffee ice cream
- Mix the instant coffee into the hot water and stir. Let it cool completely before adding it to our ice cream mixture.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Stir the cooled coffee mixture and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl. Fold in whipped cream carefully. Be sure not to break your whipped cream.
- Pour warm Nutella slowly into the ice cream mixture while folding. Try not to mix the Nutella in completely. You just want rivers of it flowing through the ice cream.
- Place the coffee ice cream mixture in a freezer-safe bowl or container. I drizzled a bit more Nutella over the top for extra goodness.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight until it gets its ice cream consistency.
- It is best to leave your ice cream mixture in the freezer overnight to get the best texture possible.
- Be sure to store your ice cream in an airtight container to preserve freshness
- Don’t want to use instant coffee granules? Freshly grind whole coffee beans to brew your favorite coffee for this recipe.
Yes. The whipped topping will give this no-churn coffee ice cream an airy fluff when combined with sweetened condensed milk.
This no-churn ice cream recipe lasts for up to 2 weeks in the freezer if kept in an airtight container.
Although this coffee ice cream used strong coffee for flavor, we only used about 3g of instant coffee for the entire batch. So one serving does not have the amount of caffeine found in one cup of coffee.
Coffee Nutella Swirl Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 packet instant coffee (3g)
- ¼ cup (59ml) hot water
- 2 cups (474ml) cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup (148g) Nutella
- Mix instant coffee into ¼ cup hot water. Stir and let sit to cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Stir coffee mixture and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl. Fold in whipped cream carefully so as not to break your whipped cream.
- Place Nutella in a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds to thin it out. Pour slowly into ice cream mixture while folding. You don’t want to completely mix it in, you just want rivers of it flowing through the ice cream.
- Place in a freezer safe bowl or container. I drizzled a bit more Nutella over the top.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight until it becomes ice cream consistency.
- I use Starbucks Via packets for the coffee, but you can use about 1/2 tablespoon from a jar if that’s what you have.
- You can use regular or fat-free sweetened condensed milk.
- If you want to make this a low fat ice cream, omit the heavy cream and fold in 2 containers (16 total ounces or 8 ounces each) fat free Cool Whip.
Last Updated on June 14, 2023