If you love a good Lemon Drop Martini then you’re going to LOVE this recipe. It’s a Classic Lemon Martini with vodka and is just as good (or better) than you get at the bar.
Make this easy drink at home with just a few simple ingredients. I must admit, I’ve made these one too many times lately!
The BEST Lemon Drop Martini Recipe
Sometimes I get a craving for a super cold and tart vodka martini and I am just not satisfied until I have one. I usually gravitate between three martinis: a Cosmopolitan, a Midori Martini, and a Lemon Drop.
Each of those drinks have their own characteristics, depending on my mood and craving. When I want the tart and sweet flavor of lemon, I always reach for a lemon martini (rimmed with sugar, of course).
This is the BEST Lemon Drop Martini. It’s an easy cocktail you can make at home with just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have. Skip going out – stay in for drinks!
Lemon Drop Martini Recipe Video
Table of Contents
Ingredients in a Lemon Drop
Like a Lemon Drop shot, a Lemon Martini has just four ingredients:
Vodka: When it comes to vodka, use your favorite. My favorite plain vodka is Tito’s, and if you want, you could also use a citrus or lemon infused vodka. In that case I like Smirnoff or Skyy (but there are several brands that make flavors these days).
Triple Sec: This is orange liqueur, and also known as Cointreau (which is the name brand). Any orange liqueur will work.
Lemon Juice: By all means, if you’re making a lemon drop martini, you MUST use fresh lemon juice. For one drink you only need the juice of about one lemon.
Simple Syrup: for sweetness, to taste.
Lemon Tip: to get the most juice possible out of the lemon, heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds, then roll it on the counter under your palm before juicing.
How to make simple syrup
Sweetness in any cocktail is to taste, and I’ll admit I like my drinks less sweet (which is why there is always a range of sugar/simple syrup given in the recipe). Simple syrup is my favorite way to sweeten a cocktail, but you can use superfine sugar too.
You can buy simple syrup in the mixer section, but it’s SO easy to make your own:
- Mix equal parts granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan. I usually do 1 cup of each.
- Heat the mixture until it just comes to a simmer and all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and place in a jar or pitcher and let cool completely before using.
- Store homemade simple syrup in the refrigerator. It’ll keep up to 2 weeks!
How to make a Lemon Drop Martini
My two rules for martinis are: they must be shaken and they must be COLD.
To mix up your Lemon Drop Martini:
- Simply add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Cover and shake for at least 15 seconds, then strain into your martini glass.
- Serve it cold!!
How to rim a cocktail glass with sugar
The tartness of a lemon drop is best served with a sugared rim. Sweet and tart in every sip.
To rim your glass:
- Run a slice of lemon around the edge of the glass to wet it.
- Place sugar on a plate.
- Tip the glass upside down in the sugar. The sugar will stick to the wet rim.
I also love garnishing this cocktail with a slice of lemon or a lemon twist. To make a lemon twist, slice a lemon. Cut the flesh and some of the white pith out of the slice, leaving the peel. Twist around your finger or a wooden spoon to create the twist.
If you want it stronger add more vodka.
Add more lemon juice and/or more simple syrup.
Slice a lemon thinly, then cut off the peel, twist and add to your cocktail.
Other martini recipes:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Lemon Drop Martini Recipe
- 3 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2-1 ounce simple syrup or to taste
- Sugar and lemon twist for garnish
- Place a few tablespoons of sugar on a plate. Run a slice of lemon around the edge of a martini glass. Dip the glass upside down in the sugar to coat the rim.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake, then strain into martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
This Classic Lemon Martini Recipe is a lemontini everyone will love. Lemon Drops are made with vodka, lemon, triple sec and simple syrup and are so refreshing. This is a delicious and easy cocktail recipe.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: July 8, 2021