This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Sugar Cookie Martini is perfect for Christmas because every holiday needs a signature cocktail. You really cannot ever have enough sugar cookies. #sugarcookieallthethings
Table of Contents
What is a Sugar Cookie Martini?
This is an easy 3 ingredient vodka martini that tastes like a sugar cookie! It’s creamy and PERFECT – great all year but especially at the holidays. Would the world implode if I dipped sugar cookies in my sugar cookie martini?
Ingredients in Sugar Cookie Martinis
I made this Sugar Cookie Martini with some of my favorite ingredients: vanilla vodka, amaretto, and International Delight Frosted Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer. (Say that 3 times fast!)
If you happen to only have regular vodka on hand, you can use that. I just love vanilla vodka. Actually, I’m obsessed with all the flavors of vodka they have these days. Marshmallow, cake, whipped cream, peppermint bark…it’s like a candy store or a bakery for people who love vodka. And some of them actually taste good…but vanilla is my favorite.
Another of my favorites is amaretto. I don’t drink it very often but I have been known to just take it down from the high shelf in the pantry and sniff it. I think I want an almond/amaretto perfume. Do they make that?
How to make Sugar Cookie Martinis
Okay, let’s break it down. The perfect dessert martini is has a ratio of 1:1:2. 1 part strong, 1 part sweet, and 2 parts mild. In the case of dessert or sweet cocktails, the “mild” often comes in the form of milk, half and half, or cream. The coffee creamer adds the creamy, mild content, along with a nice dose of sweet and flavor (it actually tastes like a sugar cookie!)
When you combine the three ingredients the flavor of the martini really and truly is a sugar cookie. And if you’re thinking to yourself drink two ounces of coffee creamer? with confused eyes then, (1) I’m not sure we can be friends anymore and (2) is it so different than drinking 2 ounces of half and half? #notsomuch
Can’t find the coffee creamer? Here are some swaps:
- Use vanilla coffee creamer instead.
- Use milk or cream and add a bit of vanilla and almond extracts.
- Use milk or cream and add cookie syrup or sugar cookie syrup (these are both coffee syrups). Torani makes cookie syrup and Skinnymixes makes sugar cookie syrup.
Sugar Cookie Martini
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce amaretto
- 2 ounces Frosted Sugar Cookie Coffee Creamer (see note)
- If desired, coat the rim of your glass with light corn syrup and then dip the rim in sugar.
- Place ice in a martini shaker, along with all ingredients. Shake and strain into prepared glass. Serve immediately.
- If you cannot find the sugar cookie creamer (International Delight is the brand, available at the holidays) you can do one of the following:
- Use vanilla or french vanilla coffee creamer
- Use Milk, half and half or cream and add either vanilla coffee syrup (Torani, regular or sugar-free) or Sugar Cookie Syrup (by Skinny Mixes, often found at discount stores like TJ Maxx or online). Start with 2 teaspoons and add more as needed to taste.
- See more of my coffee creamer recipes here!
- Click here to see more DRINK recipes!
- Candy Cane Martini
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Eggnog Martini by Nutmeg Nanny
Sugar Cookie Martini is a creamy vodka martini with just 3 ingredients – the perfect holiday cocktail recipe! Tastes just like a sugar cookie!
Last Updated on December 16, 2022
This is my favorite Christmas cocktail. It looks like it will be super sweet but it’s not. It’s a nice shippable drink. I’ve served this at many get togethers this year and everyone loves it! Thanks for a simple, delicious recipe.
I actually made the Sugar Cookie Martini this evening and it’s even better than you think it’s going to be! Because it’s Christmas Eve, I rimmed the martini glasses with sugar and dusted a tiny bit of nutmeg on the drink. Decadent. So delicious!
Glad you liked them!
I love love this drink thanks for sharing
#sugarcookieallthethings might be the best hashtag ever! I’m surprised this recipe is so simple! I don’t think I’ve ever made a martini before… what on earth have I been waiting for? Can’t wait to make this for New Year’s Eve!
I totally love this drink, it is the perfect party drink (in my opinion!!) 🙂 Yummmm!
Drooling! Need this drink tonight!!!
Oooh! Never had a martini with coffee creamer before. Sounds deliciou! I think your next book should be Martini Mashups…..just saying! 🙂
LOL, love it!
That sounds like the kind of martini I would like! Not that I’ve actually ever tried one, but I’ve always kind of wanted to, I just feel like they’d be WAY too strong. But a drink that tastes like a sugar cookie just couldn’t be bad! 🙂
Strong, yes. But they don’t taste that way…dangerous. 🙂
I couldn’t agree more! Every year I have a laundry list of things I want to accomplish for the holidays and it never happens haha. This looks amazing and I love that you use amaretto!
Holiday party? Me too! Same boat as you…thinking maybe doing something between Christmas and New Year’s, but the addition of a blog to my life has turned it a bit upside down!
So maybe next year?
Sugar cookie martini? A must try! Eau de Almond? Definitely! Even though I don’t buy it, I still love the smell of original Jergen’s hand lotion in cherry almond…and finally, I love your description of the vodka aisle…it’s so true!