This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Now you can have your cake and cereal, too, in this super fun Cinnamon Toast Crunch Poke Cake! Cake mix is transformed into a cinnamon cake filled with pudding and topped with sweet, crunchy cereal. If you love Cinnamon Toast Crunch, you have to try it.
I love poke cake recipes, and this cinnamon poke cake adds a new twist you’re going to love: cereal!
Have you tried any cereal milk treats that are all the rage lately – cereal milk cake and ice cream are just what they sound like: they taste like the leftover milk in your bowl of sweet cereal.
Easy Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cake
This Cinnamon Toast Crunch poke cake is made with cereal milk and topped with the crunchy cinnamon squares. It’s a super easy cinnamon poke cake to make with a yellow cake mix, instant pudding mix and whipped topping.
It’s a great cake to make ahead because it needs to chill in the fridge for at least a couple of hours. So, it’s great for parties and potlucks – everyone will love it!
Table of Contents
Ingredients for this Poke Cake
- Cold milk – you will need this for the cake and the pudding.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal – part of the cereal is used to make the cereal milk, and the rest is used for the cake topping.
- Yellow cake mix – use your favorite brand
- Eggs – I always use large eggs
- Vanilla extract – for extra flavor
- Melted butter – you can substitute oil
- Vanilla Pudding – make sure it’s INSTANT vanilla pudding!
- Cool Whip – make sure it’s thawed, and you can use any variation (low fat, sugar free etc)
How to Make Cereal Milk for the Cake
1. Make Cereal Milk: Place one cup of cereal in a bowl with one cup of milk. Leave it to soak for ten minutes. Strain the milk into a Pyrex measuring cup.
2. Measure: You need one cup of cereal milk, so if you are a bit short, just top it off with regular milk.
How to Make the Pudding Poke Cake
1. Make Cake: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, cinnamon, eggs, cereal milk, vanilla extract, and butter. Mix until well combined.
2. Bake: Pour the batter into a prepared 9×13” baking pan and bake the cake at 350°F for the length of time listed on the cake mix box.
3. Cool and Poke: Cool the cake in the pan for 30 minutes. Once it’s cooled, poke holes in the top using the end of a wooden spoon.
4. Pudding: Make the pudding with cold milk and then pour it over the top of the cake. Cover and refrigerate the cake for at least two hours.
Tip: For even more cereal milk flavor, soak the milk you will use for the pudding with cereal first!
5. Decorate: To decorate the cake, spread the whipped topping over the top. Sprinkle Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal over the top of the Cool Whip.
Serving and Storing the Cake
Once you’ve added the whipped topping and cereal, you can slice and serve the cake. Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This poke cake combines the best of a crunchy sweet cereal with a pudding-filled cake – make it and watch all the slices disappear! The cereal milk definitely adds a special touch – I hope you love it!
Other Poke Cakes You’ll Love
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Poke Cake Recipe
- 5 cups cold milk divided
- 3 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal divided
- 16-18.25- ounce box yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 2 3.4-ounces each packs instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 ounce package frozen whipped topping thawed (i.e. Cool Whip)
- Add 1 cup cereal to 1 cup milk and let soak for 10 minutes. Strain and reserve milk.
- Prepare a 9×13 cake pan with nonstick cooking spray (or grease and flour it). Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add cake mix, cinnamon, eggs, cereal milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven as directed on cake box (approximately 27-28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes throughout the top of the cake.
- Prepare instant pudding with cold milk in a mixing bowl, then pour slowly over top of cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with container of whipped topping, then sprinkle cereal over top, then serve and enjoy!
- Want even more cereal milk flavor? Soak the milk for the pudding in cereal too!
- When you strain your cereal make sure that you get 1 cup cereal milk (for the cake). If you end up with less milk from soaking the cereal, just add milk to make 1 cup.
Poke cakes are so great, and this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Poke Cake adds a new twist you’re going to love: cereal! Cake mix is transformed into a cinnamon cake filled with pudding and topped with sweet, crunchy cereal.
Last Updated on February 26, 2022