This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This is an easy Coke Cake Recipe that is so fluffy and so delicious! It is made with Cherry Coca-Cola and made easy with a cake mix – it’s a cherry coke POKE cake – and it’s gooey and delicious.
Table of Contents
Cherry Coke Cake Recipe
This Coke Cake is an ooey-gooey-moist-and-sweet dessert recipe that has a cherry coca cola cake taste. It’s a basic chocolate cake mix but I upgraded it by substituting Cherry Coke for the water in the recipe.
This cherry Coca Cola cake is so fun to make because you get to pour a bunch of stuff all over the top, increasing the calories and deliciousness by about 1,000x and it’s perfectly acceptable.
Served up with a side of Coke, this cake is Coca Cola overload.
- Cake mix: I’m using a box of chocolate cake mix. This recipe also works well with a gluten-free cake mix.
- Cherry Coke: or use regular Coca Cola
- Sweetened condensed milk: fat-free condensed milk works just fine, just be sure it’s condensed milk not evaporated milk.
- Hot fudge: store-bought or this 5-minute hot fudge recipe
- Cherry pie filling: I made the Cherry Pie Filling easily from scratch but you can use a 20 ounce can.
- Cool Whip: use any kind of cool whip you prefer
FOR THE POKE
How to make coca cola cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Mix all cake ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
- Pour into a 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool your cake to room temperature before pouring in any mixtures.
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk and half of the Cherry Coke.
- Heat up your hot fudge until liquid (but not too hot!) then stir in the remaining Cherry Coke into the hot fudge liquid.
- Poke several holes in the top of your cooled cake. I used the handle of my wooden spoon to do this.
- Pour your mixtures evenly over the top of your cooled cake. Starting with the sweetened condensed milk mixture followed by the fudge mixture. Make sure you get them in all of the poked holes.
- Spread cherry pie filling and Cool Whip evenly over the cake
- Chill the frosted cake with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours
- Use any kind of cool whip you prefer for this
- This tastes better after it sits for at least 4 hours in the fridge
- You can use any flavor of cake mix, as long as it goes well with cherry. Vanilla and chocolate cake mix are the best flavors.
- Use homemade or a can of pie filling.
- I love using the back of a wooden spoon to poke my holes in the cake.
This Coke cake holds up to one week if stored covered in the fridge.
Yes, this poke cake recipe should be refrigerated since it has a cool whip on top.
Cherry Coke Poke Cake Recipe
For the Cake
- 1 (approx 15 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups cherry coke
For the Poke
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup cherry coke , divided
- 1 (8-12 ounce) jar hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 20 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 8 ounces Cool Whip topping
- Maraschino cherries for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13” pan with cooking spray.
- Add all cake ingredients to a large bowl and mix, according to package directions, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before topping.
- In a small bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk and ¼ cup Cherry Coke.
- In another small bowl, heat hot fudge until liquid, but not too hot. Stir in remaining ¼ cup of Cherry Coke.
- Poke several holes in the top using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture evenly over the top, being sure to get it in the holes.
- Do the same with the hot fudge mixture.
- Spread cherry pie filling over the top of the cake. Spread Cool Whip evenly over cake, cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours before serving.
- Top with sprinkles before serving, if desired.
- Diet cherry coke will also work
- Use any kind of cool whip you prefer
- This tastes better after it sits for at least 4 hours.
Other Poke Cake Recipes
Last Updated on May 21, 2023
Do you know how many calories are in this? Or a rough estimate for a piece?
I’m sorry, I don’t! It’s cake. I kind of don’t want to know!
I made the cake with a gluten free cake mix as I have a gluten allergy, and it worked quite well. Took it to a church pot luck and it was devoured and no one knew it was gluten free. So many compliments.
I’m so glad it worked with a GF mix! Thanks for letting me know liz!
Wow cherry coke poke cake??!!! This looks crazy delicious!!