This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Bacon Ranch French Bread Pizza is an easy dinner recipe with the best sauce! Ranch dressing is mixed with the pizza sauce and topped with extra cheese and bacon. It’s the perfect easy weeknight meal!
Table of Contents
- Cheesy Bacon French Bread Pizza with Ranch
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- How to Make French Bread Pizza with Ranch
- How to Store French Bread Pizza
- How to Make French Bread Pizza Not Soggy
- Other Easy Weeknight Meals Perfect for the Whole Family
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch French Bread Pizza Recipe
- Best Ranch Dressing
When Jordan was younger, we had four dinners in constant rotation at our house: pizza, grilled cheese, cheese quesadillas, and cheeseburgers. Did you catch the theme? Girl loves her cheese just like her mom!
I got really good at changing those four things up to keep things feeling “new” and one of the easiest to change up. The variations are endless, and one we could all agree was great is this bacon ranch French bread pizza.
Cheesy Bacon French Bread Pizza with Ranch
I mean, it’s bacon and ranch on pizza! That’s already a winner, but it’s also so easy to make you don’t have to wait for the weekend to try it. With a few shortcuts, this cheesy French bread pizza is totally doable on a weeknight.
If you’re one of those people who like to dip your pizza crusts in ranch dressing (we are all guilty at our house), you are going to love the flavors. The pizza sauce and dressing are mixed together before you bake the pizza. Of course, feel free to add a little more ranch on the side for dipping. – no judgment here!
It’s cheesy, bacon-y, and all about the ranch flavor. If you’re looking for a way to switch up pizza night, this is a recipe to try.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Crusty French Bread: You can also use sourdough bread.
Ranch Dressing: I used Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Classic Ranch dressing.
Pizza Sauce: You mix pizza sauce with the ranch for a yummy sauce. Use my homemade pizza sauce or buy a store bought.
Cheese: Shredded cheese cheddar or mozzarella or a mix – your choice. TIP: shred it yourself for best melting results.
Bacon: Cook it and then crumble it.
Sliced green onions: For garnish
How to Make French Bread Pizza with Ranch
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a cookie sheet with foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the loaf of bread lengthwise through the center, so you have two long pieces. Place them cut side up on the cookie sheet.
- Combine the dressing and pizza sauce in a small bowl. Top the bread with the sauce, sprinkle the cheese over the top and then add the bacon and onions.
- Bake the bacon pizza for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Slice the pizza into pieces and serve them hot.
How to Store French Bread Pizza
I think this pizza with ranch dressing is best when it’s made, but leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to two days.
How to Make French Bread Pizza Not Soggy
The best tip for making non-soggy French bread pizza is to take it easy on the sauce. Don’t layer on too much otherwise, it will soak through the bread. My recipe has the perfect amount, so it turns out perfectly!
Protein: Feel free to add chicken, pepperoni, salami, or even cooked ground sausage if you want to add more flavor.
Cheese: I love cheddar cheese on this pizza, but shredded mozzarella or provolone would work great, too. Or, do a mix of different kinds of cheese.
Garnishes: Serve the hot bacon ranch pizza with more sliced green onions on top or sprinkle some chopped parsley or grated Parmesan cheese over the top. This bacon ranch French bread pizza is a crunchy, gooey cheesy pizza with the tang of ranch in every bite! It’s so easy to make you’ll want it in your dinner rotation – enjoy!
Other Easy Weeknight Meals Perfect for the Whole Family
Cheesy Bacon Ranch French Bread Pizza
- 1 about 12.5 ounces loaf French Bread or Sourdough Bread
- ⅔ cup Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Classic Ranch dressing
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 4 cups shredded cheese cheddar or mozzarella or a mix
- 6 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 green onions sliced small, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice loaf of bread horizontally. Place two halves face up on the cookie sheet.
- Stir together ranch dressing and pizza sauce in a small bowl. Coat each bread half with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then bacon, then onions.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. May be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days, but best the day it’s made.
This Cheesy Bacon Ranch French Bread Pizza is family-friendly and super easy to make. With a few shortcuts, this cheesy French bread pizza with ranch is totally doable on a weeknight.
This post was originally sponsored by Hidden Valley Ranch in 2017 and updated in 2022.
Best Ranch Dressing
I always think it’s important to use good quality ingredients when making a simple meal. Whenever I buy ranch dressing, I always reach for Hidden Valley® because it’s the one we like best. Have you heard about the NEW Hidden Valley Simply Ranch? It’s new and is made with no artificial preservatives, flavors or colors. It’s made with real ingredients like buttermilk, garlic, onion, herbs and spices, all with that classic creamy ranch taste. There are three flavors of Simply Ranch: Original Classic, Cucumber Basil, and Chili Lime. I can’t wait to try the Chipotle Lime on fish tacos!
Check out your local Walmart to find these new flavors. Do you have a Super Walmart or a Neighborhood Grocery near you? It’s where I do most of my shopping these days (especially with their new grocery pick up service). I got everything I needed to make this French Bread Pizza in one shopping trip!
Last Updated on January 7, 2022