Cheesy Bacon Ranch French Bread Pizza – this easy dinner recipe combines ranch with PIZZA! Ranch is mixed with pizza sauce and topped with extra cheese and bacon. The perfect weeknight meal!
For years and years I’ve dealt with Jordan being a picky eater. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, because I’m super picky too (and, even though he won’t admit it, so is Mel). Pasta, rice, and potatoes are off the table for Jordan: she doesn’t like any of them unless it’s a french fry. She’ll eat most meats, but hates all beans, and she never met a bread she didn’t like. She has four favorite foods: cheese quesadillas, cheeseburgers, grilled cheese, and pizza.
Whenever I ask what she wants for dinner, her first choice is ALWAYS to go out. Second choice is pizza. Third choice is whining about what I’m actually making. As much as I’d love to rotate through her top four day in and day out, my waistline can’t handle that much kid food. But, more often than I’d like to admit, I cave on pizza because it’s my favorite too. Sometimes I’ll make homemade pizza, and other times we order in.
I know, I’m going somewhere with my story, I promise. Pizza reminds me of how picky Jordan is because recently she’s discovered ranch dressing. She never liked it before (she used to be the only kid eating carrots plain at any play date) but now she LOVES dipping her pizza in ranch. I created this french bread pizza with her in mind because of her new love.
- This pizza is built on French Bread, which is one of her favorite things. (Who doesn’t love a nice fresh loaf of sourdough? I don’t want to know that person.)
- Bacon is one of her food groups.
- Cheese is another of her food groups.
- I mixed ranch dressing INTO the pizza sauce so this pizza is the ranch dip and the pizza all at once. *head exploding*
Cheesy Bacon Ranch French Bread Pizza – a crunchy gooey cheesy pizza with the tang of ranch in every bite!
Really, how can you not get behind every single ingredient in this recipe? Pizza sauce, ranch dressing, two kinds of cheese (I used cheddar and mozzarella), bacon, bread…it’s like a dream come true. Plus, it’s an easy weeknight meal with 5 ingredients that can be made in under 20 minutes. It makes enough for a big family or a family of four with lunch leftovers. Jordan took this in her lunchbox 2 days in a row (so you know it’s even good cold!)
I always think it’s important to use good quality ingredients when making a simple meal. Whenever I buy ranch dressing, I always reach for Hidden Valley® because it’s the one we like best. Have you heard about the NEW Hidden Valley Simply Ranch? It’s new and is made with no artificial preservatives, flavors or colors. It’s made with real ingredients like buttermilk, garlic, onion, herbs and spices, all with that classic creamy ranch taste. There are three flavors of Simply Ranch: Original Classic, Cucumber Basil, and Chili Lime. I can’t wait to try the Chipotle Lime on fish tacos!
Check out your local Walmart to find these new flavors. Do you have a Super Walmart or a Neighborhood Grocery near you? It’s where I do most of my shopping these days (especially with their new grocery pick up service). I got everything I needed to make this French Bread Pizza in one shopping trip!
I have to say, this pizza is SO good and SO easy. It’s almost too easy. I was never a pizza-in-ranch person before, but I totally am now!
Watch this quick video tutorial and you’ll see how amazingly easy it is to make this cheesy bacon ranch French bread pizza!
Bacon Ranch French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf about 12.5 ounces French Bread or Sourdough Bread
- 2/3 cup Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Classic Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 cups shredded cheese cheddar or mozzarella or a mix
- 6 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 green onions sliced small, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice loaf of bread horizontally. Place two halves face up on the cookie sheet.
- Stir together ranch dressing and pizza sauce in a small bowl. Coat each bread half with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then bacon, then onions.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. May be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days, but best the day it’s made.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley® Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: March 30, 2017