This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Homemade Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy cookies that are easy to make. Banana and chocolate are a great flavor combination and make the best cookies! If you have overripe bananas on hand, you will love these easy banana cookies.
Why We Love Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
We always have a few bananas left on the counter every week that have passed their prime. Or, I should say, they’re too ripe to enjoy as is, so I am always looking for ways to use them. Yes, you can always make banana bread, but today I have something different – banana chocolate chip cookies!
Banana drop cookies are like a marriage of the best chocolate chip cookies with the best banana bread. It’s a great way to use up those ripe bananas and get your cookie fix!
Table of Contents
The BEST Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- This is a from-scratch no-chill cookie dough! Just mix, bake, and enjoy. They are so easy to make you can make and bake a batch in about 30 minutes.
- If you love chocolate chip banana bread, you will love these cookies. Same flavor combo, but baked up as a soft and chewy cookie instead.
- They keep well at room temperature, and they freeze beautifully, too!
Once you know how to make cookies with banana, you’ll want all of the bananas to overripen, so you have an excuse to make them. They are soft, chewy with chocolate chips in every bite. You will love them.
Ingredients for Banana Cookies
- Unsalted Butter – leave it out at room temperature, so it’s nice and soft
- Sugars – this recipe uses both Brown Sugar (make sure to pack it in the cup) and Granulated Sugar
- Banana – use a banana that has turned mostly brown for the best flavor
- Egg yolk – just a yolk since the banana adds moisture, we don’t need the white
- Vanilla extract and Salt – for flavor
- Baking soda – you can learn about baking soda here
- All-purpose flour – use the spoon and level method to measure it
- Mini chocolate chips – I like mini chips but you can use regular if you prefer
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. Cream: In a large bowl (or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment), cream the butter with both kinds of sugar.
2. Mix: Add the mashed banana, egg yolk, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix to combine. Mix in the flour. Once the dough is smooth, stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Scoop: Scoop two tablespoons of the dough and drop it on a prepared cookie. Repeat with the rest of the dough, spacing each two inches apart.
4. Bake: Bake the cookies for 13 to 16 minutes at 350°F. The cookies are done when they are no longer glossy, and the edges are golden.
Save this banana cookie recipe and pick up some bananas at the store this week. Once they’ve over ripened, you can treat yourself to the best banana chocolate chip cookies – I know you will love them!
- How to store banana cookies? The cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Can you freeze banana cookies? You can freeze them for up to two months. Learn how I freeze desserts!
- How do you know when the cookies are done? They’re done baking when they just lose their glossy sheen.
More Banana Recipes You’ll Love
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 medium overripe banana , mashed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups (217g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (173g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream butter and both sugars with an electric mixer (use a paddle attachment if using a stand mixer).
- Mix in banana, egg yolk, vanilla salt, and baking soda. Add flour and mix until smooth. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon size balls of cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing 2-inches apart. Bake for 13-16 minutes, or until the tops have lost their glossy sheen and the edges are golden.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
If you have overripe bananas on hand, try these Banana Cookies instead of your usual banana bread recipe. They are soft, chewy and the perfect flavor combo!
Last Updated on May 20, 2022
I followed your recipe for a double batch and it was the consistency between 8 brownie mix & a cake mix so I poured it into a cake pan lowered the heat by 25 degrees and I’m cooking it for 25 min to start hopefully I can pull this off.
How many cups are 116g of mashed banana?