Dec 05

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles

A peanut butter cookie married a snickerdoodle and had a Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle baby!

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles | crazyforcrust.com

It took me three tries to get this cookie perfect. The first was too dry, and sort of like a hockey puck.

The second was better…but still hockey puckish.

The third? The third was juuuuuust right. The perfect mix of peanut butter cookie and snickerdoodle; peanut buttery and cinnamon, chewy and soft.

This? This is my new favorite cookie. And, as usual, I used Skippy Peanut Butter. Is there any other brand?

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles | crazyforcrust.com

I use a lot of peanut butter. That jar is the largest size you can buy at Walmart, and I go through about one every two weeks…or less. And we don’t eat peanut butter sandwiches; 99% of it goes into baked goods. Check out my peanut butter collection for proof.

I’m a peanut butter baked good addict, and I’m not afraid to admit it. I think it’s one of the reasons Averie and I are friends. She has a whole cookbook on peanut butter.

Anyway, as long as I can remember, Skippy has been my brand. I think when I was a kid my mom may have bought another brand once or twice, because she had a coupon. We always went back to Skippy. A few years ago I discovered Skippy Natural, and my new love was born. If you’ve visited a peanut butter recipe on this site, it’s included Skippy Natural. Its a natural peanut butter that doesn’t need stirring. Kind of genius, right? It performs perfectly in baked goods and packs a bigger peanut butter punch than regular peanut butter.

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles | crazyforcrust.com

Skippy is hosting a virtual cookie exchange and I’m so excited to be a part of it. I’d tested this recipe twice when I joined in the cookie exchange, and knew that, if I could perfect it, this would be the perfect cookie to share.

And it is. The perfect cookie.

Okay, picture it: a cookie wedding day. The Snickerdoodle bride in her cinnamon veil, the peanut butter cookie groom in his peanut butter bow tie. Grandma Snowball and Aunt Muriel, the chocolate sandwich cookie, watch from the front row. The bride and groom tie the knot and live happily ever after.

Then they have a baby. A Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle baby.

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles | crazyforcrust.com

This cookie is a peanut butter cookie infused with cinnamon. There is less peanut butter than in my normal peanut butter cookie recipe, to allow more of the snickerdoodle to come through. I also use more white than brown sugar, which is something that I don’t do regularly, because I love brown sugar so much!

A teaspoon of cinnamon goes into the batter, and the cookies get rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture before baking, just like a snickerdoodle. You can see all those wonderful cinnamon flecks in that picture – aren’t they gorgeous? The cinnamon adds a little heat to the peanut butter and it’s the perfect complement. It’s one of those flavor combos that you didn’t know you loved until you tried it.

This would be the perfect cookie for your Christmas platters. Satisfy both cookie lovers on your list!

And I don’t know, but I think that Mr. & Mrs. Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle make pretty cute babies. What do you think?

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles | crazyforcrust.com

These freeze well too – great for making ahead for the big holiday!

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles

Yield: 24 cookies

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (I love Skippy Natural)
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar + 1/3 cup, divided
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with parchment or a silpat baking mat.
  2. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
  3. Cream butter, peanut butter, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a mixer until fluffy. Mix in eggs, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix in dry ingredients. Beat just until mixed.
  4. Stir remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar in a small bowl.
  5. Scoop balls of cookie dough (mine were done using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop) and roll them in the cinnamon sugar. Place on your cookie sheet. Use a fork to press the cookie down in a criss-cross pattern (two presses will be enough).
  6. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheets.

Follow Skippy on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Other peanut butter favorites:

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies (1 of 4)w

Easy Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (3 of 7)w

Peanut Butter Caramel Shortbread Bars

peanut butter caramel shortbread bars (3 of 4)w

Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls

peanut butter cinnamon rolls (3 of 7)w

Chocolate Peanut Butter Reese’s Sandwich Cookies by Buns in My Oven
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookie Cups by Averie Cooks
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Pudding Cookies by Something Swanky

This post may be linked to all of these parties.

Yup, this post was sponsored by Skippy. But it’s my absolute favorite brand of peanut butter, so it’s not a stretch I wrote about them. All opinions are 100% my own!

62 Responses to “Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles”

1. Renee @ Two in the Kitchen posted on December 5, 2013 at 10:59 am (#)

Oh I really like this idea! I always think of snicker doodles for the holidays and peanut butter is never far from my mind! Very clever idea!!

2. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on December 5, 2013 at 11:27 am (#)

I am up to my eyeballs today in cookies in my kitchen! Love the added peanut butter to snickerdoodle recipe. They look great!

3. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on December 5, 2013 at 11:52 am (#)

SUCH a genius idea!

4. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on December 5, 2013 at 12:28 pm (#)

Thanks for linking up my Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookie Cups :)

And these cookies, Dorothy, the combo of Pb AND snickerdoodles – delish! I love the little cinn-sugar granules and the fork-marks. Gives them such an authentic, old-fashioned, inviting look. As in, I want to invite myself to a dozen :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 5th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I wish I could give you some!! :)

5. Wendy | Around My Family Table posted on December 5, 2013 at 12:49 pm (#)

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle baby- LOVE it! Pinned!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 5th, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Thanks for the pin Wendy!

6. Betsy @JavaCupcake posted on December 5, 2013 at 1:20 pm (#)

I’m making this first in 2014!! Oh em geeeee…. two of my favorite cookies put together! YUM!

7. Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life posted on December 5, 2013 at 1:21 pm (#)

I just bought Skippy for the first time and can’t wait to try it. You are the queen of snickerdoodles! They are one of the few cookies my dad likes and every time you post a new snickerdoodle recipe, I’m like, why didn’t I think of that? First apple butter and now peanut butter – can’t wait to try these! They look amazing!

8. Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent posted on December 5, 2013 at 4:12 pm (#)

I would like to send congrats to the cookie couple :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 5th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

LOL, thanks Laura, I’ll send your regards. :)

9. Jen posted on December 5, 2013 at 5:08 pm (#)

How many cookies does this recipe make?

10. Mom posted on December 5, 2013 at 6:14 pm (#)

Not only did they live happily ever after…they had wonderful tasting babies!! When I took them out of my freezer and saw the fork marks, I thought peanut butter cookies. Then I noticed the flecks of cinnamon and WOW! Great, fantastic, salivating, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
    Thanks, Mom

11. Dalila G. posted on December 5, 2013 at 6:16 pm (#)

YES!!!! Peanut butter with anything is totally off the charts for this family… :-)
    Mix it with a snickerdoodle recipe and its a match made in heaven, great idea Dorothy!

12. Tieghan posted on December 5, 2013 at 7:18 pm (#)

Peanut butter snickerdoodles is a genius creation! I love that I can see the cinnamon in these babies!! I could down a dozen of these no problem!

13. Leah posted on December 5, 2013 at 9:05 pm (#)

This is amazing. This past summer, I had really wanted to make Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles, but I couldn’t find a recipe anywhere. I had planned to make my own recipe, but I never got around to it. So, thanks!!! I’m really excited to try these!

14. tanya posted on December 6, 2013 at 4:29 am (#)

Ooh, you used the Natural peanut butter! Yummy! I love peanut butter snickerdoodles, way better than their plain counterparts!

15. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on December 6, 2013 at 7:50 am (#)

PB + Snickerdoodles. Two of my favorite things! I’m currently obsessed w/ skippy natural right now BTW. :)

16. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie posted on December 6, 2013 at 8:41 am (#)

Oh wow you totally just rocked my world.

17. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar posted on December 6, 2013 at 12:08 pm (#)

BP and snickerdoodle sounds like an awesome combo! I love the cinnamon specks and fork marks – perfect! So glad those two kids got hitched. ;)

18. Emily ~SoDomesticated~ posted on December 6, 2013 at 2:22 pm (#)

Cookies are one of my favorite treats to make… these look fabulous!

19. Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen posted on December 6, 2013 at 4:48 pm (#)

I didn’t think that I could love you anymore than I already do…. Then you went and made these!!!

20. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl posted on December 6, 2013 at 5:01 pm (#)

These cookies look so soft and fluffy, I just want to reach through the screen and grab a few! Delicious!

21. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on December 6, 2013 at 6:51 pm (#)

Mind. Blown. You are truly amazing!

22. Amy posted on December 6, 2013 at 9:06 pm (#)

Your photos lately are so gorgeous! I love your little added touch of the measuring spoon with cinnamon spilling out. Absolutely adorable and so perfect! With how much I love both cinnamon and PB, these wouldn’t last 24 hours in my house. My self-control would go straight out the window!

23. Julia | JuliasAlbum.com posted on December 6, 2013 at 10:20 pm (#)

These peanut butter cookies look gorgeous! And I love Skippy! Using Skippy in baking always results in such perfect cookie texture!

24. Julianne @ Beyond Frosting posted on December 7, 2013 at 12:00 am (#)

I love when two cookies get married and a new one is born! YUM!

25. Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen posted on December 7, 2013 at 11:50 am (#)

The cookie wedding day?! Can I please be invited to this fabulous event?! LOL These cookies do sound like perfection!!

26. Lindsey Raatz posted on December 7, 2013 at 3:55 pm (#)

Peanut butter and snickerdoodles are two of my boyfriends favorite things. I never even thought of putting them together!! I will definitely be making these for him :)

27. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on December 7, 2013 at 7:38 pm (#)

I have a weakness for Snickerdoodles and PB. I am totally making these soon!

28. Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner posted on December 8, 2013 at 10:17 am (#)

If these cookie are anything like your bakery style peanut butter cookies then I’m in for a real treat! I made those and adore them! I posted about it on my blog on Friday.
    Thanks so much for a great cookie recipe! :)

29. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on December 9, 2013 at 7:42 am (#)

PB baked goods are the best! These cookies look awesome, Dorothy!

31. Shannon posted on December 10, 2013 at 7:04 pm (#)

This sounds like such a dreamy cookie! I put cinnamon & peanut butter in my morning oatmeal, so of course it would totally pair well in my dessert!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 11th, 2013 at 6:51 am

Oooh, great idea. That might get me to eat oatmeal!

32. Kristyn posted on December 12, 2013 at 7:01 am (#)

Oh my heavens, these look delicious!! :D

33. Renee @ Awesome on $20 posted on December 12, 2013 at 9:17 am (#)

I’m so glad I was finally able to pin these cookies. Your site and my computer were having a little fight last night, and I’m so happy they decided to make up because these sound absolutely amazing. Love!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 13th, 2013 at 7:03 am

I’m sorry Renee! Ugh, slow load time is going to be the death of me!

34. Pingback: Over 75 Christmas Cookie Recipes - Julie's Eats & Treats

35. Linda posted on December 14, 2013 at 3:15 am (#)

BIG hit! Everyone loved these and got excited about getting a second batch. Thanks for an easy and great recipe!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 15th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

I’m so glad! They’re some of my favorites for sure. :)

36. Kimberly Leverett Osburn posted on December 17, 2013 at 5:45 pm (#)

Hey Dorothy,

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I made them for a Christmas Cookie Exchange last week and they were AWESOME!

• Dorothy Kern replied on December 17th, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Yay! I’m so glad you liked them!

37. Pingback: Peanut Butter Cheese Ball Pops - Crazy for Crust

38. Pingback: 50 Christmas Cookies | Like Mother, Like Daughter Food

39. Pingback: 30 Best Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes | TidyMom

40. Shannon Culp posted on March 17, 2014 at 4:05 pm (#)

These are AMAZING!!!! I have found my cookie for the Christmas Cookie Exchange (I know it’s only March).

Signed,
    The girl who eats peanut butter by the spoonful. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 17th, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Everyone at Christmas loved them!!! Enjoy!

41. Pingback: Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies - Crazy for Crust

42. Pingback: Peanut Butter Pretzel Muddy Buddies - Crazy for Crust

43. Em posted on July 17, 2014 at 11:11 am (#)

These are SO tasty! Make them, you won’t regret it.

44. Cheri posted on November 5, 2014 at 8:10 am (#)

I was planning on making snickerdoodles today to take to my daughter on saturday as they are her favorite…I”ll try your PB ones!

45. Pingback: Healthier Easy Peanut Butter Cookies - Yummy Healthy Easy