These Pumpkin Toffee Gooey Bars are my favorite Gooey Bar yet! Pumpkin, spices, and toffee make these the best Fall dessert!
Some random thoughts I’ve had in my head the last few days:
1. Jordan is going to have to do a biography report this Spring. My immediate first thought: she’s going to want to choose Hannah Montana. It’ll be named “A Miley Cyrus Biography: Twerking for Tweens.”
2. Never go to Costco on a Friday at lunch time. I know this, yet my brain refuses to allow me to get there before 11am.
3. When you’re at Costco at 11am on a Friday, be sure to leave your cart in the center of the major throughway so you can go peruse the sausage samples. I’ll wait for you, no problem.
4. I’m excited that Tuesday will be “after Labor Day” because that means Watch What Happens Live will be back on. I miss my Andy!
5. Big Bang Theory is one of the best shows EVER. If you’ve never watched it, start.
7. It’s September, one of my favorite months. And since we are officially out of August I can now shove pumpkin in your face an average of once a week until November 30. So there.
You knew it was only a matter of time before I made Pumpkin Gooey Bars right? I mean, the wild success of my Funfetti Gooey Bars (I so did not see that one coming) has made it so that I will make every flavor of Gooey Bar I possibly can.
These are Fall in a bite, and I want it to be Fall so bad I ate lots of bites in case it would make it be here sooner. (Seriously, still forecast 90s this week. I’m so over it.)
As usual, these start with a cake mix. Instead of using butter, I used pumpkin puree. The bars are layered with sweetened condensed milk, toffee bits, and pecans.
They bake up seriously gooey. You can tell that from the photos, and in this case gooey = good.
Okay, that’s it. I’m headed to the freezer where I hid the rest of these bars.
What random is happening in your life right now?
Subscribe via email and have sugar delivered straight to your inbox!
This post may be linked to: Chef in Training, Lil’ Luna, Buns In My Oven, Chic-and-Crafty, I’m Lovin’ it Fridays, Strut your Stuff Saturday, Weekend Potluck, Weekend Wrap Up Party, Sundae Scoop Link Party, and all of these too!