Mar 15

Peanut Butter Cadbury Mini Egg Muffins

You need these Peanut Butter Cadbury Mini Egg Muffins for breakfast! A fluffy peanut butter muffin is stuffed full of chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs for a punch of chocolate. These are the best breakfast yet!

Peanut-Butter-Cadbury-Muffins03-1words

I am so over daylight savings time, and it just started. I really, really don’t see the point.

All last week, I woke up at 5:30. Not too early, usually I’m at the computer by 6am. I just figured, stressful week, lots going on, getting ready for the time change.

This week? Now I’m waking up at 4:30. Last night? 3:30. And it’s not just me. Jordan’s been cranky. Tired. She woke me up from a dead sleep at 11pm last night because she couldn’t sleep.

{Sidebar: I know it’s my job as “mom” but really? Now we’re just both awake, kid. So, um, thanks.}

Anyway, I’m just plain tired. I keep trying to come up with funny stories for you. And my eyelids close.

So, let’s just let these muffins speak for themselves, mmkay?

Peanut-Butter-Cadbury-Muffins04-3words

After a long night of non-sleep I don’t want bran flakes with almond milk. I don’t want a banana green smoothie. I want comfort food. I want cinnamon rolls and scones and coffee cake.

And I want muffins. Peanut butter muffins. With chocolate.

But not just any chocolate. Cadbury’s Mini Eggs chocolate.

Oh, yeah.

Peanut-Butter-Cadbury-Muffins09-4words

I actually based these muffins off of my Fluffernutter Banana Bread recipe. But I left out the fluffer. And the bananas. So it’s a sock-it-to-you peanut butter muffin. Peanut buttery all the way. I subbed some of the fat with Greek yogurt, my new favorite baking bestie. It makes them moist, dense, and I consider them healthy. Peanut butter and Greek yogurt – tons of protein, right?

And, since Cadbury Mini Eggs practically sing to me in the stores {seriously, they taunt me with their amazingness and sing-songy voices} I cannot NOT buy them. Then I have a bag of crack in my cabinet that I eat one by one until my mouth hurts from the candy shell, my pants no longer fit, and I’m high on chocolate.

So I chopped them up and put them in the muffins. You know, to get rid of them. Because when you add candy to muffins it cancels out the calories. {Duh.}

I put more on top, ‘cuz, you know, it’s Easter and it’s cute.

If you don’t have Cadbury Mini Eggs you could use chocolate chips. Lots and lots of chocolate chips.

Lots.

Peanut-Butter-Cadbury-Muffins13-2words

Good morning, new best friend. Come closer and I’ll give you a squeeze….

Peanut Butter Cadbury Mini Egg Muffins

Peanut Butter Cadbury Mini Egg Muffins

• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt (I used plain, but a flavor is fine too!)
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon milk (non-fat, 2%, or almond milk is fine)
  • 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup Cadbury Mini Eggs (the chocolate ones) coarsely chopped, plus more for topping (You can use chocolate chips or M&Ms if you don’t have the mini eggs)

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin pan with liners (about 16).
  2. Stir oil, yogurt, and peanut butter with a wooden spoon. Stir in both sugars.
  3. Add the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder and stir until combined.
  4. Add half the flour and half the milk and stir until just mixed. Add the rest of the flour and milk and stir until the batter just comes together. Stir in the chopped Cadbury eggs.
  5. Add about 3/4-1 cup of batter per muffin cup (I use an ice cream scoop for this step). They won’t rise much, so you can fill them almost full. Press 1 or 2 Cadbury eggs in the top of each muffin. Bake about 15-20 minutes, removing from oven when a toothpick inserted in the side of the muffin comes out clean.

Enjoy!

You may like these other comforting breakfast treats:

S’mores Granola

smores granola

Fluffernutter Banana Bread with Nutella Swirl

Fluffernutter Banana Bread with Nutella Swirl

Cadbury Egg Fudge by Shugary Sweets
Mini Cadbury Egg Brownies by Bakeaholic Mama
Fudge Filled Cadbury Egg Cookies by Something Swanky

This post may be linked to: Chef in TrainingLil’ LunaBuns In My OvenChic-and-CraftyI’m Lovin’ it FridaysStrut your Stuff SaturdayWeekend Wrap Up PartySundae Scoop Link Partyand all of these too!

69 Responses to “Peanut Butter Cadbury Mini Egg Muffins”

1. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on March 15, 2013 at 4:04 am (#)

Are you kidding me? Permission to eat Cadbury PB eggs for breakfast? I love you.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 15th, 2013 at 6:43 am

Totally. You’re welcome! :)

2. melissa {persnickety plates} posted on March 15, 2013 at 4:27 am (#)

Peanut butter AND Cadbury minis?! You’re after my heart, Dorothy. I hate that I’m rearing this before work, with a rumbly tummy, and can’t do anything about it right now. They’re gonna happen soon.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 15th, 2013 at 6:43 am

I hope you like them!! :) Thanks Melissa!

3. Janine - sugarkissed.net posted on March 15, 2013 at 4:37 am (#)

These sound delicious, Dorothy! I’ve been wanting to try more recipes with Greek yogurt. Between that and the peanut butter I think these would be a great filling breakfast (with a bonus sweet treat!).

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 15th, 2013 at 6:42 am

Yes! Totally Janine. Thank you!

4. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on March 15, 2013 at 5:04 am (#)

The fact that there’s PB, greek yog, and Cadbury eggs all packed into one is fabulous!

5. Holly posted on March 15, 2013 at 6:14 am (#)

oh. em. gee! I also have a cadbury mini egg addiction! I’ve got 2 bags I’ve been hiding with all my baking supplies, trying not to open and devour them! These muffins will be a perfect excuse to open one of those bags. My jeans do not thank you. But my tastebuds sure will.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 15th, 2013 at 6:40 am

TOTALLY! But, hey. Greek yogurt, right? That’s healthy. ;)

6. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on March 15, 2013 at 6:58 am (#)

ok…. any excuse to have peanut butter and chocolate for breakfast is OK by me. Esp if cadbury is involved!!!!!!!!! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 15th, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Right? I knew you’d feel that way Sally!

7. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet posted on March 15, 2013 at 8:10 am (#)

DST sucks… I feel robbed of my additional hour of sleep… So I know what you mean about the crankiness :) These muffins on the other hand – best breakfast ever! Love the cracked mini egg!! Swoon!

8. Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen posted on March 15, 2013 at 8:14 am (#)

Cadbury Mini Eggs, where do I begin? I have an unconditional love for Cadbury Chocolate! Have frequented Cadbury World growing up and eaten countless extra large bags of the eggs! And yes I totally get rid of candy by baking with it because it’s not bad for you if you are eating in a baked good! ;) Ready for some muffins in my belly!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 15th, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Thanks Elizabeth! You and me can go to Cadbury Eggs Anonymous together! :)

9. Tina S posted on March 15, 2013 at 8:42 am (#)

Oh my goodness I love finding as many ways possible to combine chocolate and peanut butter! These muffins look amazing. I could even see this peanut butter muffin recipe sans the cadbury chocolate (you know, ONLY when it’s not Easter time because who doesn’t love these chocolate treats) and topped with sugar crumb topping. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 15th, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I almost did a crumb topping, and then I remembered the eggs. :) Thanks Tina!

10. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on March 15, 2013 at 10:12 am (#)

Ahhh these look so good-just absolutely perfect for breakfast mmhmmmm

11. Christi posted on March 15, 2013 at 10:33 am (#)

These look amazing, I sure love those darn Cadbury eggs. Thanks for sharing!

12. Heather @ French Press posted on March 15, 2013 at 10:49 am (#)

I am ALL over eating candy eggs for breakfast!! those little things are crazy addictive

13. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on March 15, 2013 at 1:12 pm (#)

I’m a sucker for every ingredient in this recipe! Gotta give it a try sometime :)

14. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on March 15, 2013 at 1:22 pm (#)

You truly are a girl after my own heart!!! I puffy heart love that you put candy in your breakfast muffin! And peanut butter and yogurt totally means this is a protein meal, and therefore healthy for me :-)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 15th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Right? Protein!! Anytime I can have chocolate for breakfast, I’m happy! :)

15. Cindy Harris posted on March 15, 2013 at 1:39 pm (#)

These look so much better than the whole grain cooked cereal that I had for breakfast today. I’ll make them soon because chocolate and PB just belong together.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 15th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Way better than my bran flakes, that’s for sure! :) Thanks Cindy!

16. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on March 15, 2013 at 3:02 pm (#)

Mini eggs are my all time fave! I was so happy when they started selling them all year.

This would be such a dangerous breakfast for me.

18. Lisa @ Wine & Glue posted on March 15, 2013 at 7:17 pm (#)

Look at me commenting on one of your posts instead of just pinning it and crossing my fingers that you’ll still be my friend!! This: “Then I have a bag of crack in my cabinet that I eat one by one until my mouth hurts from the candy shell, my pants no longer fit, and I’m high on chocolate,” made me giggle the most ridiculous snorty giggle ever.

And seriously? The time change?? Insanity. Gavin has peed in his bed approximately 734 times this week. I know that doesn’t seem related. But it is.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 16th, 2013 at 7:19 am

We’re still not recovered. I need more chocolate!

And, um, I’ll ALWAYS be your friend. :)

19. Joshua Hampton @Cooking Classes San Diego posted on March 16, 2013 at 7:34 am (#)

I can already see my wife giving me the evil eye when she finds these muffins on the breakfast table, but I know she’ll eat them anyway! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

20. Pingback: Links We Love #1

21. Amy Tong posted on March 16, 2013 at 2:20 pm (#)

These muffins are adorable. So festive for Easter, and every morning to wake up to! I’m sure it help with your sleeplessness, in some way. I know I’ll be super happy to wake up to these PB and mini chocolate eggs muffins as breakfast. I love the little egg hatching on top of the muffins after they’re baked. ;) Can’t wait to bake these for my kids. I know they’ll be really happy to have these for breakfast or after school snacks.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 17th, 2013 at 11:11 am

Thanks Amy! :) I hope you enjoy them!

22. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on March 16, 2013 at 3:30 pm (#)

I don’t need funny stories when I can gaze upon muffins such as these ;) I’m feeling you on the tired business. Bryce has become my night-time stalker. Every time I wake up, he’s standing next to my bed. I could close my eyes right now and sleep for like 2 days straight. That is, if anyone would let me :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 17th, 2013 at 11:10 am

LOL, ah, the loveliness of being a mom! :) Thanks Trish! You deserve muffins. :)

23. Laura Dembowski posted on March 17, 2013 at 5:25 am (#)

Those look great! Love pb muffins! I put Reese’s Pieces in mine. I have to confess I’m 23 and if I can’t sleep, I sometimes still wake my mom. There was a particularly rough night this past week where I know she just wanted to go back to sleep.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 17th, 2013 at 11:03 am

So I’m never safe? LOL, it’s worth it though. :) Thanks Laura!

24. Julie posted on March 17, 2013 at 7:39 am (#)

How creative, Dorothy! I love this recipe. Thanks for sharing. :)

25. Sabrina posted on March 17, 2013 at 9:03 am (#)

If I didn’t love you and your blog before, I sure do now! Cadbury Eggs are my favorite part of Easter, throw them in a muffin and I’m sold. Your pictures always make me so hungry! I’m sitting here with my cup of coffee, and I think one of these muffins would be the perfect breakfast to accompany it (yes, I’m eating breakfast at noon). Where do you live? If it is within a 100 mile radius I may have to start paying you to ship me some of your goodies! lol

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 17th, 2013 at 11:01 am

LOL, outside Sacramento. I wish I could share them! Thank you so much Sabrina!

26. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry posted on March 17, 2013 at 10:52 am (#)

Daylight savings has been a nightmare for me as well. I can’t manage to fall asleep until 2 am. Don’t ask me why, I have no idea. These muffins though are the sugar high in the morning I need to keep the crankiness at bay.

27. Anne @The Cooking Campaign posted on March 17, 2013 at 4:35 pm (#)

This looks like an amazing start today the day! I can’t think of a better excuse to eat cadbury eggs first thing in the morning.

28. Tonia@thegunnysack posted on March 18, 2013 at 6:29 pm (#)

Cadbury mini eggs are my teen’s fav Easter candy so I have to show these to her!

29. Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen posted on March 19, 2013 at 8:11 am (#)

I am right there with you! I am dead on my feet all the time lately! I think that these muffins can sure any cabin/spring fever! Thanks for Sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 19th, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Yes they can! Thanks Chandra!

30. Erin @ Making Memories posted on March 19, 2013 at 11:01 am (#)

Now this is my kind of breakfast!!! They look wonderful!

31. Pingback: Easter Cathedral Candy - Mom On Timeout

32. Elise @ Paint Chips & Frosting posted on March 20, 2013 at 1:13 pm (#)

Ah Cadbury mini eggs are my FAVORITE! These look so amazing!

33. Pingback: 30+ Amazing Easter Treats | Mom On Timeout

34. Pingback: Overnight Banana Stuffed French Toast #EccePanis - Crazy for Crust

35. Steph @ Crafting in the Rain posted on March 27, 2013 at 6:14 pm (#)

These look and sound delicious–peanut butter with those perfect little candies–yes!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 27th, 2013 at 6:22 pm

It’s an amazing combo, that’s for sure Steph! Thank you!

36. Pingback: Easter Recipe Roundup | BeyondFrosting

37. Pingback: thursday treat: peanut butter cadbury mini egg muffins | ocampo.living

38. Olly posted on April 13, 2013 at 5:47 am (#)

Thanks so much for this! We got a new mixer so I’m looking for recipes ;)
    Do you know if these will still work without the peanut butter? I’m not allergic to it, I’m just not a huge fan. Shocking, I know!

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 14th, 2013 at 8:15 am

You can add some banana instead! Taste test the batter, in case it needs more sugar. :)

39. Pingback: Easter Treats - JOYFUL scribblings | JOYFUL scribblings

40. Pingback: Peanut Butter Cadbury Egg Muffins | thesaltedcookie

41. Elizabeth posted on April 16, 2014 at 12:16 pm (#)

Have stumbled across this recipe after my mother asked me to bring some fun, yummy muffins for Easter brunch this weekend. I am wondering if I wanted to make them with banana in them as well do you think any other quantities of ingredients would change?

42. Pingback: Peanut Butter M&M Muffins