Mar 20

Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls

The perfect weekend breakfast: Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls! A wonderful buttery cinnamon roll dough filled with maple brown sugar and bacon filling, and topped with a maple glaze!

Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls

Have you ever heard of Voodoo Doughnut? It’s a doughnut shop in Portland, Oregon. It’s been on all the food and travel TV shows. Heck, it was even referenced in the 50 Shades of Grey. Every time it came on the Travel Channel I would salivate over the Bacon Maple Bar. Just the thought of the Maple Bar frosting and the salty, crunchy bacon made my mouth water.

A few years ago, we happened to be in Portland after visiting my parents at their house in Mapleton (aptly named for this post, methinks). Of course, I required a stop at Voodoo Doughnut! A few things I learned there:

I’ve never seen a busier doughnut shop. EVER.

If you visit you will have to drive around the block 10 times and fight with your husband about “to park or not to park”.

If you bring a child over the age of four, be prepared to answer questions about some of the doughnut names. Or, the shape of, er, the doughnuts. If you’ve ever been to their website, you’ll know what I’m talking about. Luckily…Jordan was young. She had no clue, other than we were getting doughnuts.

Anyway, I think of that Maple Bacon Bar often. VERY often. I love maple, so, so very much. And I love bacon, so it’s pretty much a match made in heaven.

Recently I was craving cinnamon rolls and wanted to make a “new” version. Being a blogger, that’s hard to find! There are so many great versions out there. Cake Batter, Red Velvet, Chocolate, Carrot Cake. The options are endless.

But I wanted maple. And when I thought of maple…my mind went to bacon. Enter: Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls.

Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls

When these popped into my head, I may have been subliminally remembering the cinnamon rolls my friend Cristina from Oven Adventures made. When I did a google search they popped right up and I smacked my forehead and was all, riiiiight I remember those now! I remembered drooling over those as I’m drooling over remembering these as I type.

These cinnamon rolls are probably my favorite flavor so far. The yeast dough is rich and sweet from the sugar, butter, and egg. The filling is butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and I added maple syrup and maple extract for an extra punch of flavor. Then I sprinkled in some cooked bacon, for good measure. The bacon gives the filling a slightly salty taste, with a little bit of crunch. Mixed with the maple, it’s a wonderful combo!

Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls

{See? If you look close in that picture, you can see all the bacon goodness!}

And then, the frosting. Is there anything better than maple frosting? I could literally drink it. {Side note: does anyone else think of Laura Ingalls Wilder whenever they think of maple syrup?}

These were so, so good I had to force myself to stop at eating one!

Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls

Well…maybe one and a half…

Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls

Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls

Dough recipe halved from Baked Bree.

For the Dough:
  • 1 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast (1/2 packet)
  • 1/2 cup warm milk (heated 30-40 seconds in the microwave)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups flour (up to 2 1/2 cups as needed)
  • For the Filling:
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon flour
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1/8 teaspoon maple extract
  • 10 slices bacon
  • For the Frosting:
  • 3 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1/8 teaspoon maple extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Add the yeast to the warm milk and let it sit for five minutes, until it starts to foam.
  2. Using the paddle attachment, mix the butter, sugar, salt, and eggs in the bowl of a mixer. Add the yeast/milk mixture and stir.
  3. Switch to the dough hook. Add the flour slowly. Start with one cup and then add an additional cup. I only needed 2 cups, but you can use up to an extra 1/2 cup if you need, for the dough to come together). The dough will be sticky, but not so much that you can’t handle it.
  4. Once dough comes together, spray a large bowl with cooking spray, place the dough inside and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1-2 hours. (It helps if you do this in a warm place. My dough didn’t quite double, but it still worked!)
  5. While the dough is rising, prepare the filling. Dice the raw bacon. Place in a medium sized frying pan and cook about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned or until it’s the doneness you prefer. Transfer to a plate covered with paper towels to drain.
  6. Add all filling ingredients (except bacon) to a small bowl and stir with a fork. It helps if the butter is soft! Set aside until ready to use.
  7. Once the dough is ready, roll it into a rectangle (about 10x14 inches). You may need to use a little flour when rolling, that’s okay. Spread the filling evenly in the center and sprinkle with your bacon. Starting at a short end, roll the dough tightly. Slice into thirds and then thirds again, for a total of nine cinnamon rolls. Place in a 9x9” baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
  8. Let the rolls rise for 1 hour at room temperature. If you are eating them right away, proceed to baking. Or, you can then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight until you are ready to eat. Remove from the refrigerator and let sit on the stove while it is preheating, then bake.
  9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake about 2-25 minutes until golden.
  10. While the rolls are baking, make the frosting. Beat together butter and powdered sugar. Mix in maple syrup and both extracts until smooth. Spread on warm cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle with extra bacon, if desired.

Have you checked out my Breakfast Pinboard? Come hungry, leave happy.

Other breakfast goodness:

Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls

carrot cake cinnamon rolls 1 words

Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake Pie

Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake Pie by Crazy for Crust

Maple Bacon Cinnamon Buns by Oven Adventures
Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls by Chef in Training
Maple Bacon Muffin Tops by Something Swanky

128 Responses to “Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls”

1. Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen posted on March 20, 2013 at 3:06 pm (#)

It is so hard as a food blogger to come up with new ideas. Half the time I think of something that someone else has made, and of course they made it amazing. These look delicious and I love the crispy bacon on top! I couldn’t live without bacon!!!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 20th, 2013 at 3:58 pm

I know, it’s so frustrating! EVERY combo has been done! Thanks Elizabeth for always coming to visit!

2. Sabrina posted on March 20, 2013 at 4:21 pm (#)

Every time I see one of your new posts I find myself dying to cheat on my diet. If there is one thing in this world that I love, it is bacon. I could eat bacon every day for the rest of my life and still never tire of it. I am making these this weekend! My wedding dress diet will just have to wait! I have been wanting to come up with a cupcake incorporating bacon and maple somehow. I think you may have inspired me to make it happen! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 20th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

OMG a cupcake would be awesome Sabrina! I, too, could live on bacon. And sugar. :)

3. Mom posted on March 20, 2013 at 4:33 pm (#)

These look wonderful. If you make them this weekend, be sure to save me one (or four) for Monday!!!
    Love, Mom

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 20th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I just made something else yummy for Monday. If it makes it to the freezer. :)

4. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on March 20, 2013 at 4:44 pm (#)

I have been to VooDoo Doughnuts and I know exactly what you are talking about :) They are worth the wait though – am I right? I can’t even remember how many doughnuts I ate there…too many I’m sure :) Maple Bars are my favorite – and you just upped the ante my friend! Now I’m thinking of how I can make a maple/bacon something or other too :) Oh, and I will be making this recipe ASAP.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 20th, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I want to make maple bacon EVERYTHING Trish!

5. Becky posted on March 20, 2013 at 4:54 pm (#)

These sound amazing!! :)

6. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on March 20, 2013 at 5:03 pm (#)

Ok I don’t eat bacon but I am very intrigued by the dough recipe. It’s looks soft and fluffy and the fact that you only use 2 to 2.5 cups of flour (not 4-ish like most cinn roll recipes call for) means that this batch size is not crazy huge. I also love that you worked maple in! Was that the only change you made from the carrot cake rolls (just glanced at that dough base too). I am always on the hunt for new dough bases that make smaller!! batches than 12-14 huge, jumbo cinnabon style rolls. Our family of 3 does not need that! They’re gorgeous, Dorothy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 20th, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I think it was one of the only changes. This is half a recipe – but it grows into a 9×9 pan nicely, 9 rolls. Perfect for a small batch! The recipe I worked from (which, you reminded me I forgot to put in the post, fixing that now) is my favorite cinnamon roll dough! :) (It’s from Baked Bree) http://bakedbree.com/cinnamon-rolls

• Stephanie replied on September 12th, 2013 at 9:30 am

I agree! I am also glad for the smaller batch. LOL there is only 3 in my family. This means its easier to have some and not being tempted to eat like 3 in one day!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 12th, 2013 at 6:55 pm

LOL, totally. It makes 9, there are three in my family, my daughter eats 2 my husband eats 0, and the math is not in my favor!! :)

7. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on March 20, 2013 at 5:51 pm (#)

*cringe at awkwardness of children and apparently dirty doughnuts*

Anywayyyy. I can’t let Michael see these. He’ll never let me hear the end of it until I make them if he does, and you know…I’ve got stuff to do! :P

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 20th, 2013 at 7:13 pm

LOL! He’d be your slave forever if you made them for him. :)

8. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on March 20, 2013 at 6:23 pm (#)

I flipping love maple bacon together…and cinnamon rolls with this combo have been on my list forever. Yours are absolutely gorgeous…

9. Valerie | Pursuit of Sweetness posted on March 20, 2013 at 7:03 pm (#)

Bacon & maple are right up there with chocolate & peanut butter for best pair! And MAPLE + BACON + CINNAMON ROLLS? Ultimate guilty pleasure. Love it ;)

10. Mindy posted on March 20, 2013 at 7:05 pm (#)

Girl, you cray cray. (I could NEVER get away with saying that in real life, so I’m bustin’ it out here.)
    Those look friggin’ amazing. I LIVE in Portland and have yet to have a Voodoo doughnut. I know, it’s blasphemy.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 20th, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Thanks Mindy! You MUST GO! :)

11. Maria posted on March 20, 2013 at 7:16 pm (#)

These look and sound delicious!!!! Love the addition of the bacon, that just sounds like it’s out of this world good!!!! YUM!!!

12. Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com posted on March 20, 2013 at 7:28 pm (#)

You had me at BACON. …and I haven’t stopped drooling since reading it was followed by “cinnamon rolls”! Holy moly, girl!! Sounds A M A Z I N G ! ! ! Pinned ;) Wish I could have this for breakfast tomorrow….I’d jump in bed immediately just to pass the time til I could eat these! lol. Thanks for another out of this world recipe, Dorothy! You rock! ;*)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 6:53 am

I know, I reallllllllly want cinnamon rolls today. LOL, I wonder why?

• Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com replied on March 23rd, 2013 at 8:10 am

Hey, Dorothy! I’m co-hosting the Sweet & Savoury Sunday link party tomorrow (yay!) Wanted to revisit your awesome bacon cinnamon rolls post and invite you to come on over to my blog to share tomorrow … they’re sure to make all the other party-goers drool! lol! You’re welcome to bring a couple other faves too! Hope to see you and your AMAZING recipes tomorrow!! :) Have a fabulous day, girl! :*)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 24th, 2013 at 11:31 am

I’ll stop by tonight! :) Thanks Brenda!

13. Back for Seconds posted on March 20, 2013 at 8:17 pm (#)

Ooooohhhhh, Dorothy, these are awesome!!! The pictures are fab, and I officially have a craving for cinnamon rolls now! Maple bacon ones :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 6:51 am

Then I’ve done my job, hee hee! :)

14. Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations posted on March 20, 2013 at 10:41 pm (#)

Oh my, bacon + maple! I only got to know and love those after moving to Canada. If I show these to my Canadian husband I know what he will want as weekend breakfast :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 6:50 am

The combo is amazingly good! One of my favorites. :)

15. Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection posted on March 21, 2013 at 5:12 am (#)

You seriously outdid yourself with this recipe, Dorothy! These look absolutely incredible. I can’t wait to make them! And I’m already getting special requests from friends to bake a batch for them too. Definitely going to be a hit. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 6:50 am

I hope you love them Elaine! :) Thank you!

16. Tonia@thegunnysack posted on March 21, 2013 at 6:20 am (#)

Those look amazing! I’ve never made “from scratch” cinnamon rolls! I’ve made them from frozen bread dough but I really should give it a try! Plus, bacon makes everything better, right?

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 6:49 am

Thanks Tonia! Yes, you must try! I love homemade! :)

17. Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik posted on March 21, 2013 at 6:45 am (#)

you have me drooling over here….seriously want one right now :(.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 6:47 am

Then my goal is accomplished. :) Thanks Sarah!

18. Yvonne @ bitter baker posted on March 21, 2013 at 7:45 am (#)

I think I need to try this. I’ve heard so much about it by now that I feel like I’ll have no rest until I get a bite of some bacon sweetness. There’s an ice cream shop here in Seattle that have a maple bacon ice cream, and apparently it’s really popular.. Maybe I should just have a maple bacon weekend!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 4:46 pm

OMG. I think I just found the next thing I want to make!! YUM! Thanks for visiting Yvonne!

19. Lisa @ Wine & Glue posted on March 21, 2013 at 8:05 am (#)

These look amazing Dorothy!! I am going to Portland this summer, and now I have a new thing to add to my to do list. I’d heard of this doughnut shop before, but I forgot. I know, the horror! In the mean time, I’m going to have to make some of these. Yummy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 4:46 pm

YES! And while you’re in Portland come to Sacramento. ;) Kidding. (NOT REALLY.)

20. Kathy posted on March 21, 2013 at 8:47 am (#)

I want to make these right now! They look incredible!

21. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on March 21, 2013 at 9:17 am (#)

This is NOT okay, you little she-devil. I want all of the crumbs, specks of icing.. everything. And I am dying to go to VooDoo! I want to get married there and NO, I’m not joking :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 4:42 pm

You totally can, and I can totally see that. Can I be your maid of honor!?

22. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry posted on March 21, 2013 at 9:22 am (#)

Its hard to be an original food blogger these days because it seems as if everything has already been done. But thats why I love it. It pushes you out of your box and makes you dream up creative recipes. Bacon plus maple are like a match made in heaven. These cinnamon rolls look sin worthy.

23. Emily {Pink Tiger in the Kitchen} posted on March 21, 2013 at 9:36 am (#)

These are now on my Easter weekend breakfast menu!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the combination of maple and bacon. If you make it down to New Orleans, there is a donut shop called Blue Dot Donuts that does a maple bacon longjohn. I’m sure it’s very close to Voodoo Donuts but I haven’t made it to Portland. I can’t promise there won’t be line but I can promise it will be much shorter than the one at Voodoo!! Can’t wait to try these!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I MUST go there sometime. NO is on my bucket list!

24. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet posted on March 21, 2013 at 9:48 am (#)

Umm, yeah. No way I could stop at just one. These rolls look amazing, Dorothy!

25. Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen posted on March 21, 2013 at 10:29 am (#)

My mouth started watering just looking at these delicious rolls! I would love on for my breakfast right now :D

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I wish I had some to share! :) Thanks Kristi!

26. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on March 21, 2013 at 10:50 am (#)

I am DYING to go to voodoo doughnuts one day!! :) and yep, pretty sure Kevin would faint if I made these for him one morning. He LOVES cinnamon rolls and love isn’t a strong enough word to say how he feels about bacon lol.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 4:34 pm

LOL, he and I would get along fine. :)

27. Meghan @ The Tasty Fork posted on March 21, 2013 at 11:38 am (#)

There is a donut shop by my house which sells maple bacon long johns and they’re totally amazing. But these little bad boys look just as good, if not better. YUM!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 4:33 pm

OOOH, I want to live by YOU!

28. Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate posted on March 21, 2013 at 12:00 pm (#)

I’ve been dying to go to VooDoo donuts! Those food shows all kill me. These look so yummy; Hubby would die for this combo!

29. Ellen@BakeItWithBooze posted on March 21, 2013 at 1:18 pm (#)

I think these are Man Buns. Yup. Sure of it. ;-)

30. tanya posted on March 21, 2013 at 3:05 pm (#)

YES YES YES!!! I’ve wanting bacon and something sweet for so long now! I think you’ve inspired me here! I can taste the smokey, salty sweet combo already! Every time I see that Voodoo Doughnut shop on tv, I start planning my trip to Oregon!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Thanks Tanya! I want to go back, SO bad!

31. Julia | JuliasAlbum.com posted on March 21, 2013 at 3:59 pm (#)

This is a truly perfect weekend breakfast! I can never eat something sweet for breakfast (I usually add eggs or something else savory), so adding bacon to cinnamon rolls is right up my alley!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I’m the same way! I always eat it…then feel sick. The savory makes it better!

32. Amy Tong posted on March 21, 2013 at 4:47 pm (#)

oh my! I’m already crazy for Cinnamon Rolls to start with. Adding bacon and maple? Who can resist. Hm….the Voodoo Doughnut shop sounds like fun. Wish there’s one around. :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I know, right? I’d be there every day!

33. Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking posted on March 21, 2013 at 5:07 pm (#)

Seriously? the first photo is killing me! And i don’t even eat bacon! I love anything cinnamon rolls and maple frosting sounds so good i could eat it with the spoon!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 7:25 pm

OMG Roxana, I totally did that with the frosting!

34. Kristin posted on March 21, 2013 at 6:36 pm (#)

I love maple, but I cannot get on this bacon train. I just could take it or leave it. So I’d try this without :)

I don’t think of LIW when thinking of maple syrup, but I’m currently reading Little Farm in the Ozarks with my class (and thinking about how I’m moving to the Ozarks soon!) and I’ve read this book SO many times that pieces of IT remind me of my own childhood. Like, “Oh, I remember reading about Market Day and Rose’s new dress when I was 10 years old…”

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 21st, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Every single time I think of Maple I think of LIW! Totally try without the bacon, so good!

35. Julie @ This Gal Cooks posted on March 21, 2013 at 6:38 pm (#)

Holy wow! These look amazing! Two of the tastiest breakfast items combined into one fabulous breakfast. Delish!

36. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on March 21, 2013 at 7:52 pm (#)

Seriously. OMG.

37. PapaLos @ The Man, The Chef, The Dad posted on March 21, 2013 at 8:56 pm (#)

Lady, you had me at “Bacon”. Omg, these looks amazing!

I get the same way when I see that doughnut on tv. Once I had to change the channel because I felt myself about to start cursing at the screen because I couldn’t have one. Seriously, I think the Travel Channel is obligated to air some sort of show every two days that would feature that doughnut and Voodoo Doughnuts. They’re killin’ me.

And your parents living in Mapleton? What are the odds?!

I’ve been dying to make a batch of cinnamon buns (never made them before) and I think these are going to be the ones.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:38 am

Oh, you must try making cinnamon rolls! SO GOOD. And yes, I think the Travel Channel needs to send us all donuts. :)

38. Karly posted on March 22, 2013 at 7:46 am (#)

Oh, Dorothy. These are a must try! I love bacon and I love maple and I love you for bringing them together like this.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 22nd, 2013 at 11:31 am

Thanks Karly! I think they are my favorite breakfast everrrrr!

40. Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff posted on March 22, 2013 at 11:28 am (#)

Dorothy, why do you tempt us this way? I wonder if the hubby would like Bacon Maple Cinnamon Rolls for dinner … because that all I can think about!

41. Ala posted on March 22, 2013 at 4:18 pm (#)

Have you ever had a maple-bacon donut? I haven’t…but girl, you sure do tempt a gal! I’m especially loving the maple glaze–looks scrumptious!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Yes! LOVE those donuts. Maple is one of my favorite flavors EVER. Thanks Ala!

42. carrian posted on March 22, 2013 at 5:21 pm (#)

I’m literally dying over these. Oh ma goodness!!! Seriously scrumptious!

43. Vicky @ Mess For Less posted on March 22, 2013 at 6:03 pm (#)

Do you workout like crazy? How do you make all these amazing things and look so fit? Just pinned this yumminess!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 22nd, 2013 at 6:57 pm

You’re sweet Vicky. Fit, ha! But yes, I work out every day. For my sanity, mostly. :)

44. Pingback: Crust and Crumbs: Bloglovin, sugar, and more - Crazy for Crust

45. Serena (serenabakessimplyfromscratch) posted on March 23, 2013 at 9:00 am (#)

Baaacon and maple = Heaven!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 24th, 2013 at 11:30 am

Yes that’s for sure Serena! Thank you!

46. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on March 23, 2013 at 5:00 pm (#)

These look fabulous…which is saying a lot because I am not a fan of bacon unless it is in a BLT. I know, I’m just a little strange like that :-) But your rolls look so soft and fluffy!!! Would you hate me if I picked of all the bacon on top?

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 24th, 2013 at 11:27 am

Not at all! :) Even with the maple, these are super good! :)

47. Karen @ Trilogy Edibles posted on March 25, 2013 at 6:11 pm (#)

I’ve missed so many things including this awesome post. I also noticed a maple syrup tin that looks familiar!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 25th, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Yes! I love that syrup!!! :):)

48. Joan@Chocolate and More posted on March 27, 2013 at 10:11 am (#)

Dorothy, you are my hero! I’m doing everything in my power to resist the urge to run into the kitchen and make these right now! Featuring you this week at Thursday’s Treasures, can’t wait to see what you share next!

49. Pingback: Easter Brunch Menu + Bites Around The Web - Young, Broke and Hungry

50. Christina@ oven adventures posted on April 1, 2013 at 9:22 am (#)

Yours look amazing. I now have a massive craving for bacon.

51. Pingback: Thursday’s Treasures Link Party

52. The Goodie Girl posted on April 10, 2013 at 6:49 am (#)

We are making these this weekend for sure! My husband will be very excited! Did you by chance do a calorie count on these little babies? Any idea how good (bad) they are?

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 10th, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I didn’t do one! I’m kind of afraid too. But if you do let me know. Spark People has a good free calculator!

53. Pingback: Bacon Fat Chocolate Chips Cookies - Something Swanky

54. Dana posted on April 30, 2013 at 12:56 pm (#)

I think I just died. Everything is better with bacon!

55. Pingback: 15 Unique Bacon Favorites

56. Pingback: Father's Day Week - Bacon Collection - Will Cook For Smiles

57. Pingback: Man Food for Father’s Day! –

58. Pingback: Banana Caramel Pecan Doughnuts {gourdoughs copycat} - Crazy for Crust

59. Pingback: Man Food for Father’s Day!

60. Pingback: Cinnamon Roll Recipe Round Up Over 50 Deliciously Drool Worthy Cinnamon Roll Recipes From Around The Web

61. Suzanne Johnson posted on September 5, 2013 at 12:43 pm (#)

Yesterday I thought I was incredibly original and clever when I thought how yummy maple bacon cinnamon rolls could be and that I would have to come up with a recipe for them…and today I thought, hmmm, maybe I am not the first to think of this brilliant idea so perhaps I should Google and lo an behold I found your recipe and website. So VERY happy I did and I look forward to trying this (except with turkey bacon). I just started a Pinterest Board for fall recipes and pinned this – I am still new to Pinterest so my pin collection is just getting started. I love your site and will be a follower now! TFS!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 5th, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I almost always use turkey bacon – I just love it so much better. It would be great in these!

62. Pingback: Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Syrup and Bacon | the petite croissant

63. Pingback: 7 Interesting Foods You Can Make With Bacon | Make My Life Easy Blog

64. Stephanie posted on September 12, 2013 at 9:27 am (#)

Great idea… then again anything with bacon can’t be bad. Trying this recipe today :)
    Great blog & pictures

• Stephanie replied on September 13th, 2013 at 11:03 am

Update from what I posted yesterday: Really amazing recipe. I subbed half of the all purpose flour for whole wheat white and used 2 less pieces of bacon. I made them last night and covered them with plastic wrap in the fridge. Didn’t really have time to let them come to room temp this morning but they baked up just fine. I just set them on top of the warm oven while it heated up. They tasted….Oh wow…. so fluffy and light and flavorful. The salty bacon with the sweet maple frosting is a dream. My husband who doesn’t even like bacon ate 3 for breakfast! He told me to cut the bacon down for next time and double the amount of frosting LOL. Thank you so much for making our breakfast special :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 13th, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Yay! Thank you for letting me know. And I like the way your husband thinks – more frosting every time!!! :)

65. Pingback: Maple Walnut Biscotti - Shugary Sweets

66. Pingback: 50+ Delicious Brunch Recipes - Yellow Bliss Road

67. Pingback: Chocolate Bacon Pull-Apart Bread - Crazy for Crust

68. Pingback: Cinnamon Roll Sausage Rolls - Crazy for Crust

69. Pingback: Perfect Overnight Cinnamon Rolls {photo tutorial} - Crazy for Crust

70. Pingback: Maple Bacon Crunch Ice Cream - Crazy for Crust

71. Pingback: 25+ Best Bacon Recipes | A Night Owl Blog

72. Stevi posted on November 24, 2014 at 9:17 pm (#)

Is the Bacon cooked or not cooked?