This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
My Pumpkin Spice Bars Recipe is the BEST fall blondie recipe with white chocolate chips! These are soft and chewy and have been one of the most popular recipes I make for years.
Table of Contents
Pumpkin Spice Bars are SO GOOD!
Blondies get a bad wrap because so many of them are dry or flavorless – but not these! You will LOVE these blondies because:
- The are ALWAYS soft – they stay soft for days
- RICH in flavor because of all the brown sugar
- TONS of flavor – never bland with all that pumpkin spice!
- The BEST fall dessert – and you can make them in no time!
- Add white chocolate chips for some extra fall flavor!
Ingredients in Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Butter: All the best blondies start with butter! Be sure to use softened butter.
- Brown Sugar: 2 FULL cups of brown sugar – be sure to pack it. All that brown sugar keeps them super soft.
- Eggs: These add moisture and fat for a nice soft and chewy cookie bar.
- Baking Powder: While normal cookie bars have baking soda, these have baking powder which helps with the structure.
- Salt and Vanilla: For flavor
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Gives these that warm fall flavor! Make homemade pumpkin pie spice if you don’t have the mix.
- All Purpose Flour: Be sure to measure it correctly.
- White Chocolate Chips: These are optional but I love the sweet flavor mixed with the pumpkin spice.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Blondies
- Cream the butter and brown sugar with a hand or a stand mixer.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in the flour, then mix in the white chocolate chips. I don’t bother whisking my dry ingredients separately for these bars.
- Press into a 9×13 inch baking dish that’s been lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. The mixture is sticky so spray your hands with cooking spray so it won’t stick to you.
Store these in an airtight container for up to 5 days. They stay soft for at least that long!
Yes, freeze them in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months.
Overbaking the blondies is the #1 reason why they will be dry or crunchy. They should be slightly under baked for best results.
They shouldn’t be wet looking but these stay fudgy because of all the brown sugar.
These are done when they still are a little jiggly and glossy. They’ll finish baking as they set and cool.
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice go in these bar cookies. You can also use 1 teaspoon cinnamon with 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon each ginger and allspice.
Other Cookie Bar Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Pumpkin Spice Blondies
- 2 cups (400g) packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (340g) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and flour and mix. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Press into prepared pan (dough is sticky, spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid it sticking to your hands).
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook – the center will still be jiggly when you take these out of the oven and they will finish cooking and firming up as they cool.) Cool completely before slicing into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Pumpkin Spice Blondies are a soft and chewy cookie bar full of pumpkin pie spice and white chocolate chips – the perfect blondie recipe for fall.
Last Updated on September 30, 2022