This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
My BEST EVER Blondie Recipe got a fall makeover – make Pumpkin Spice Blondies with white chocolate chips! These are soft and chewy and have been one of the most popular recipes I make for years.
Table of Contents
BEST Blondies with Pumpkin Spice
Blondies get a bad wrap because so many of them are dry or flavorless – but not these! You will LOVE these blondies because:
- The are ALWAYS soft – they stay soft for days
- RICH in flavor because of all the brown sugar
- TONS of flavor – never bland
- Are full of pumpkin pie spice!
- Add white chocolate chips for some extra fall flavor!
Ingredients in Pumpkin Spice Blondies
Butter: All the best blondies start with butter! Be sure to use softened butter.
Brown Sugar: 2 FULL cups of brown sugar – be sure to pack it. All that brown sugar keeps them super soft.
Eggs: These add moisture and fat for a nice soft and chewy cookie bar.
Baking Powder: While normal cookie bars have baking soda, these have baking powder which helps with the structure.
Salt and Vanilla: For flavor
Pumpkin Pie Spice: Gives these that warm fall flavor! Make homemade pumpkin pie spice if you don’t have the mix.
All Purpose Flour: Be sure to measure it correctly.
White Chocolate Chips: These are optional but I love the sweet flavor mixed with the pumpkin spice.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Blondies
- Cream the butter and brown sugar with a hand or a stand mixer.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in the white chocolate chips.
- Press into a 9×13-inch baking pan that’s been lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. The mixture is sticky so spray your hands with cooking spray so it won’t stick to you.
Variations and Tips for making Blondies
- Using a hand or a stand mixer will help mix the dough easily.
- Make sure your butter is softened by leaving it out on the counter for an hour before making the cookie bars.
- Omit the white chocolate chips if you prefer, or add nuts or toffee bits, or even chocolate chips.
- Don’t want pumpkin spice? Just use cinnamon!
- The dough is sticky so spray your hands with cooking spray to press them into the pan.
- These finish baking as they set and cool so take them out when they are still a little jiggly in the center.
Store these in an airtight container for up to 5 days. They stay soft for at least that long!
Yes, freeze them in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 months.
Overbaking the blondies is the #1 reason why they will be dry or crunchy. They should be slightly under baked for best results.
They shouldn’t be wet looking but these stay fudgy because of all the brown sugar.
Other Cookie Bar Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Pumpkin Spice Blondies
- 2 cups (400g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (340g) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cream brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and flour and mix. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Press into prepared pan (dough is sticky, spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid it sticking to your hands).
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook – the center will still be jiggly when you take these out of the oven and they will finish cooking and firming up as they cool.) Cool completely before slicing into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Pumpkin Spice Blondies are a soft and chewy cookie bar full of pumpkin pie spice and white chocolate chips – the perfect blondie recipe for fall.