This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin spice Chex Mix is the best fall snack! This easy crock pot Chex Mix combines salty, sweet, and crunchy for a snack everyone will eat by the handful. Learn how to make slow cooker Chex mix and then customize it with different mix-ins to make your own unique fall mix.
Table of Contents
BEST Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
I love a great Chex mix all year, but especially during the fall and winter for all the game days and holidays. It’s so easy to make and always a hit!
So, of course, I have a themed mix for every season, and today it’s all about this slow cooker pumpkin spice Chex mix. It’s the ultimate fall snack mix!
- You can make this pumpkin spice snack mix in your crockpot. It’s so easy!
- Cinnamon, pecans, and candy corn make it perfect for fall, but you can easily switch the mix-ins to make it your own.
- I love to make a big batch because it keeps really well at room temperature.
- No crockpot? No worries! I’m sharing in the FAQ how to cook it in the oven or the microwave, too.
- Butter: Start with melted unsalted butter
- Brown Sugar: I love the toffee/caramel flavor brown sugar gives to this mix.
- Chex Cereal: I used a combination of Corn Chex and Cinnamon Chex but you can use Rice, Wheat, Honey Nut or any kind of Chex you like best.
- Pretzels: Use the mini or small twists.
- Pecans: I love to buy pecan halves in bulk at Costco or Sam’s Club.
- Candy Corn and White Chocolate Chips: These are optional and you can use both or just one, but they add a little sweetness and color to your mix.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
- Toss: Line a 5 to 7-quart slow cooker with a liner, and then place both kinds of cereal, pretzels, and pecans in the bottom. Pour the butter mixture over the top and toss to coat everything evenly.
- Mix: Combine the melted butter with the brown sugar in a bowl.
- Cook: Cover the slow cooker and cook the Chex mix on low for an hour or so. Stir it thoroughly every 20 minutes. It’s ready when it’s hot, and this should take more than an hour and a half.
- Stir: It’s very important to stir it well every 20 minutes so it doesn’t burn. Not all crockpots are the same, and some run hotter than others or have hot spots. So, don’t skip the stirring.
- Cool: Transfer the mix to a cookie sheet and spread it out to cool. Once it’s cooled, add the candy corn.
Tip From Dorothy
- You don’t have to use a crockpot liner but I find it makes it easier to stir it and makes cleanup a breeze. These are the liners I use.
- Be sure to stir it every 20 minutes or so – all crockpots cook differently and you may have a hot spot in one place that will cook more. You don’t want it to burn, so you must stir it.
- Store Chex Mix in an airtight container for up to a week.
Just combine your Chex mix ingredients and cook them on low for an hour or so.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Spread the mix out on a baking sheet and bake it for 45 minutes at 250°. Stir it every 15 minutes.
Combine the ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the mixture in 30-second increments and stir between each for a total of five to six minutes.
First, cool it thoroughly, and then store it in an airtight container.
No, it doesn’t freeze well. When you freeze and thaw cereal, it will end up soggy and not great!
It will keep at room temperature for up to five days.
Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix Recipe
- 8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup (100g) packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups (139g) Corn Chex (see note)
- 4 cups (169g) Cinnamon Chex
- 3 cups (142g) pretzel twists
- 2 cups (195g) pecan halves
- 1 cup (182g) candy corn
- 1 cup (170g) white chocolate chips
- Stir together brown sugar with melted butter and pumpkin pie spice.
- Place cereal, pretzels, and pecans in the bottom of a 5-7 quart slow cooker. Tip: use a slow cooker liner to help with easy clean-up.
- Pour butter mixture over the top and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low, stirring every 20 minutes, until mixture is hot and coated, about 1 to 1 ½ hours. Be sure to stir it well. Turn hot mix out onto a cookie sheet and let cool. Toss candy corn into cooled mix.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- You can use any Chex cereal you want. You need 4 cups of a plain version (rice, corn or wheat) and 4 cups of the flavored version (Cinnamon but you can also use plain, chocolate, honey nut or any flavor).
- Use a slow cooker liner for easy clean up.
- Not all slow cookers cook the same – some are hotter in some spots. Make sure to stir it every 20 minutes so it doesn’t burn in the hot spots.
- Oven Directions: In step 4, bake in the oven for about 45 minutes at 250°, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Microwave Directions: In step 4, microwave the mix for 5-6 minutes stirring every 30 seconds in step
This Easy Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix is made easy thanks to the cooking method – your crockpot! Learn how to make slow cooker Chex mix and then customize it with different mix-ins to make your own unique fall mix.
Last Updated on September 11, 2023