This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This easy Chicken Broccoli Skillet Dinner recipe is done in under 30 minutes! It’s an easy meal for weeknight dinners with a creamy parmesan sauce and lots of pasta. Even the pickiest eaters will love this easy chicken and broccoli pasta.
Table of Contents
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Skillet
One pot meals are a staple at our house, and this chicken and broccoli skillet is in our permanent dinner rotation. It’s family-friendly and an easy 30 minute meal!
I am a fan of any chicken broccoli pasta recipes with garlic, and this one is a winner. If you’re looking for a new easy chicken dinner to add to your list, I think you’re going to love this one.
It’s like a cross between a chicken and broccoli stir fry, chicken and broccoli casserole, and a creamy pasta dish. The flavors are amazing – savory, comforting, and delicious.
It’s basically an all-year dinner for us – during the fall and winter, it’s so cozy, and it’s great during the spring and summer when we have so many kid activities going on. I’ve made this chicken broccoli 30 minute meal so many times I’ve lost count!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This chicken and broccoli recipe is loaded with good-for-you broccoli and has a simple creamy, cheesy Parmesan cheese sauce.
- Even picky eaters will gobble up the broccoli when it’s mixed with the sauce!
- I make this whole dish in one pot. I boil the pasta first and then drain it. From there, you make the sauce, cook the broccoli, and add the cooked egg noodles in at the end. It makes for easy clean-up, which is always good for a busy weeknight.
- The leftovers are fantastic! I love them warmed up for lunch the next day.
- You can also switch this skillet meal up with different ingredients. It’s a great way to use what you have on hand.
What you need to make One Pot Chicken Broccoli?
Pasta: I love using whole wheat egg noodles but you can use your favorite shape and kind of pasta.
Broccoli: Cut the florets off the stalk and into bite size pieces.
Yellow Onion: Dice it small
Garlic: Mince it or use a paste
Cream of Mushroom Soup: This makes the sauce
Milk: I used nonfat milk but you can use nondairy or water or chicken stock
Cheese: It’s so good with some shredded parmesan cheese
Chicken: I use already cooked chicken. This is great for using leftover chicken if you meal prep shredded chicken like I do, or if you have a rotisserie chicken.
How to Make Chicken and Broccoli Skillet?
- Bring water to a boil in a large pan or skillet. Cook the noodles following the package instructions. When there are three minutes of cooking time left to go, add the broccoli florets and boil them with the noodles. Drain them and set them aside.
- Heat the oil in the same pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook them until the onions are softened and translucent.
- Add the soup, milk, cheese, and pepper. Stir to combine and then mix in the cooked chicken. Once the chicken is heated, add the cooked noodles and broccoli. Stir well to coat everything in the sauce. Top each serving with more Parmesan cheese.
Pasta: Instead of egg noodles, you can make this one pot chicken broccoli dinner with any kind of pasta shape. So, use what you have on hand!
Soup: Instead of mushroom soup, try cream of potato soup or cream of chicken soup to change the flavor.
Milk: For a more decadent sauce, use whole milk instead of lowfat milk.
Chicken: Use my Instant Pot shredded chicken for this recipe, or get a rotisserie chicken from the store to make it really easy.
This is a healthy chicken and broccoli recipe! I like to use nonfat milk to make the sauce, so it’s lighter. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are lean, and the broccoli is really good for you!
Broccoli is one of those veggies that goes with practically everything! It’s wonderful with chicken in this one pot chicken broccoli dinner, but it also goes great with beef, pork, and turkey.
No, you can use raw chicken breasts and cook them first.
Cut the chicken into small bite-sized pieces. After you cook and drain the noodles and broccoli, cook the chicken in the same pan with some olive oil. Brown the chicken on both sides for about five to ten minutes. Take it out of the pan and set it aside while you make the sauce. Once the sauce is ready, add the cooked chicken, noodles, and broccoli. Stir and serve!
I know this easy chicken and broccoli will be a new favorite at your house like it is at ours. That creamy sauce with the tender chicken and broccoli is so good. We never get tired of it – give it a try and enjoy!
More Skillet Dinner Recipes You’ll Love
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Chicken Broccoli Skillet
- 8 ounces whole wheat egg noodles or any pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets or more, if desired
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup (see note)
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese use fresh not from the green canister
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt and more pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken see note
- Bring water to boil in large skillet (you can also do this in a separate saucepan). Cook noodles according to package directions adding the broccoli to the pan when there is about 3 minutes of cooking time left for the noodles. Cook until both are cooked, drain and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat the olive oil. Cook the onion and garlic until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the soup, milk, parmesan, and pepper. Whisk or stir to combine. Add the chicken to the pan to heat it through then add the noodles and broccoli to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Add more shredded parmesan for serving, if desired.
- I used Campbell’s Healthy Request condensed soup, use what you prefer. You can also use cream of chicken or cream of potato soup in place of the cream of mushroom.
- You can also use rotisserie chicken in this recipe in place of my instant pot shredded chicken.
- If you are using FRESH chicken that is not already cooked: dice chicken into small bite sized pieces. After the noodles and broccoli have been removed from the pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken and cook, searing on both sides, for about 5-10 minutes (depending on size of chicken pieces) then remove to a plate. You want the chicken almost cooked at that point. Continue the recipe to make the sauce then return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan and let finish cooking in the sauce.
This easy Chicken Broccoli Skillet Dinner recipe is done in under 30 minutes! It’s an easy meal for weeknight dinners with a creamy parmesan sauce and lots of pasta.
Last Updated on December 30, 2021