This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This pizza salad is a delicious tortellini salad full of pizza flavor with pepperoni, bell peppers, olives, tomatoes, and homemade balsamic dressing! It’s great for weeknight meals, potlucks, picnics, and summer BBQS.
Tortellini salad is my favorite pasta salad – and this is my favorite version and it always disappears fast when I serve it at a party.
Table of Contents
You Will Love this Tortellini Salad Recipe!
I love this tortellini pasta salad because, hello, it’s all about the pizza flavors but served up cold and light. I can seriously eat a whole batch of this myself – it’s so good! It’s a pasta salad with pepperoni… what could be better than that?
This easy pasta salad recipe is loaded with black olives, green peppers, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese and the most delicious homemade balsamic dressing to pull it all together. Basically, it’s an Italian pasta salad with a pepperoni pizza twist. It’s the perfect summer pasta salad – but it’s also great for weeknight dinners all year long.
Ingredients for EASY Tortellini Salad
The only thing you have to cook are the tortellini and the rest of the recipe is just a toss and serve situation. Here’s what you need to make it:
- Cheese tortellini: I used frozen but you can use fresh if you want. Or use any flavor!
- Green bell pepper: Dice it
- Halved grape tomatoes
- Halved pepperoni slices
- Sliced black olives
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Balsamic dressing: You can use my favorite homemade Italian dressing recipe or one from the store.
How to make Tortellini Salad
- Once you have all the ingredients it’s as easy as tossing everything together in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad at room temperature or pop it in the fridge to serve later.
Pizza pasta salad will keep for two days in the refrigerator, so you can make it in advance. Sometimes it might be a little dry because the pasta will absorb some of the dressing while it sits. It’s an easy fix, though! Just toss the salad with a little extra dressing and it will be good to go.
You can serve this salad at room temperature or chilled – the choice is yours! Since it doesn’t have any mayonnaise in it you don’t have to worry to much if it sits out for a while.
You can easily customize it, too! Instead of a pepperoni salad you can use salami, add cubed cheese like provolone or mozzarella or switch out the green bell pepper for sweet peppers.
Have you made this recipe?
Click the 5 stars to rate it below!
Pizza Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 about 19 ounce bag Cheese Tortellini cooked according to package directions
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup Pepperoni slices halved
- 1 can 8 ounces sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- Balsamic Dressing recipe follows, or use your favorite brand
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper or to taste
- Stir together cooked tortellini, pepper, tomatoes, pepperoni, olives, and shredded parmesan in a large serving bowl.
- To make dressing: add all ingredients to a mason jar or dressing container. Seal and shake well to combine.
- Dress the salad with desired amount of dressing. There will be dressing left over; store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Pasta salad is good prepared for up to 2 days; store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Other summer salad recipes
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Skinny Caramel Apple Salad
- Caprese Tortellini Salad
- Homemade pesto
- Click HERE for more PIZZA RECIPES!
The combination of the cheese tortellini with all the Italian-style ingredients is definitely a winner! With the lightness of the dressing and the flavors of pepperoni, olive, pepper, tomato and cheesy pasta, this pizza tortellini salad tastes JUST like you’re eating a slice of pizza. It’s the perfect potluck dish and you’ll want to make it all summer long!
Last Updated on January 14, 2023