This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Strawberry Shortcake Pie has a cookie crust, pudding filling and tons of fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Perfect for when summer is in full swing around here and I live on no-bake recipes, strawberries are super cheap, and I’ve got pie on the brain. (Who am I kidding? I always have pie on the brain!)
Table of Contents
What is Strawberry Shortcake Pie?
Summer is always about the pie. Especially when it’s a No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Pie. It’s my version of strawberry shortcake with a pie crust!
This pie is stupid easy, which is what you need when the lazy days of summer get so hectic you can’t take a breath. Plus, it’s no bake, full of strawberries and pudding, and the crust is made from Golden Oreos.
Plus, all those juicy red strawberries just scream summer, don’t they?
Ingredients in No Bake Strawberry Pie
Crust: This pie starts with my easy no bake Oreo crust – but you use Golden Oreos. You could even use Lemon Oreos for a yummy flavor twist!
Pudding: Whenever I think of the pies from my childhood I think of pudding. All the summer pies my mom made had some flavor of pudding in them. (Her favorite was banana cream!) I filled this pie with an instant vanilla pudding mix. (You can also use cheesecake, coconut, or lemon pudding mix!)
Strawberries: When I saw the 2 pound clamshells of strawberries for only $5 at my grocery store, I bought way too many of them. My eyes were bigger than my stomach, so I immediately thought of shortcake. The shortcake then turned into a pie, which most things do around these parts.
How to make Strawberry Shortcake Pie
- The crust comes together in minutes.
- Whisk pudding and milk and just pour it into the crust and let it set up for at least an hour.
- I just sliced a pound of them and piled them on. You could use even more if you want a higher pie.
- Top it with whipped cream and you have a delicious summer pie.
Variations and Substitutions
- Pudding Mix: Use any flavor pudding mix! Chocolate, vanilla, cheesecake, banana, lemon!
- Crust: You can use any of my crust recipes for this or substitute store bought. I have recipes for Oreo Crust, Peanut Butter Cookie Crust, Graham Cracker Crust and Shortbread Crust!
- Use cool whip instead of whipped cream!
How to Store Pie and Make Ahead Instructions
Store leftover pie in the refrigerator for up to a day. The strawberries will weep after a day.
Don’t top it with the whipped cream until you’re ready to serve it…especially if it’s a hot day!
To make ahead, add the pudding to the pie crust, cover and chill until ready to serve. Then top with fruit and whipped cream.
FAQ about Strawberry Pudding Pie
Wash, hull and slice the strawberries. Be sure to pat them dry before adding to the pie.
Add pudding mix and milk to a medium sized bowl. Whisk, then let sit for a few minutes to soft set.
Use a warm knife to slice. Be sure to use a pie server and loosen the bottom. Sometimes the first slice sticks but after that they will come out clean.
Other Favorite Summer Strawberry Recipes
- No bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- Strawberry Salsa
- Strawberry Nutella Tart
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Strawberry Shortcake Pie
- Prepare crust as directed.
- Whisk pudding mix and milk in a large bowl. Let sit for 1 minute, then pour into pie crust. Chill until set, at least one hour.
- Before serving, top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream. You can make the pudding pie up to 24 hours ahead of time but don’t top it with the berries and whipped cream until ready to serve.
So, when did summer become busier than the school year? Oh yeah, when my daughter’s social calendar rivals a socialite. Whoever coined the “lazy days of summer” has not lived a week in my shoes.
This last week, the first full week of carefree activities and no homework included 2 slumber parties, a cousin sleepover, a swim play date, a dance recital, and a trip to see Grandma and Papa. I’m exhausted.
Oh, and we can’t forget about the main big-time event that happened: Jordan got her honor roll/principal’s list reward. Hayley came over and dyed the tips of her hair teal! Jordan’s been begging for colorful streaks forever but they’re not allowed to have them at school. We decided to use permanent dye on the tips of her hair and then in August we’ll just chop it off.
She loves it. I’m jealous. I’m living vicariously because really? I want purple tips, but the stick is too far up for me to actually go get them.
So I guess summer is a little carefree…if we’re talking about hair, that is. And maybe pie.
Pie is the perfect summer dessert, especially when it’s a no bake pie! Be sure to try this No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Pie next time you need something light and sweet.
Last Updated on May 11, 2022