Who wants plain no-bake cheesecake when you can have a No Bake LEMON Cheesecake???
Remember last week when I talked about March and how spring is almost here? Well, besides thinking of no-bake pies when I think of spring and summer, I also think of LEMON. When I found myself with two empty no-bake shortbread pie crusts last week I decided I had to fill one of them with lemon. I was also craving no-bake cheesecake so…I made both.
This No Bake Lemon Cheesecake recipe is super easy to make, has a shortbread crust, and lemony sweet and tart, just like I love my lemon desserts.
You know what else I was excited about for March? Fuller House. Did you guys watch it? I loved Full House and Jordan is OBSESSED with it. She ended up watching all 13 episodes last weekend (#parentingwin) but I’m excusing it because she ended up sick and needed something to do.
While she watched, I made pies. Because that’s what I do.
How to Make This No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Let’s break down the pie recipe, okay? When I was thinking about how to make this no bake cheesecake, I did some research and found that most No Bake Lemon Cheesecake recipes use lemon Jell-O or gelatin. I didn’t want to use either because I’m lazy and wanted to use what I had in my pantry.
Instead of the lemon flavor coming from pudding mix or Jell-O, this lemon pie is flavored with lemon curd and a bit of lemon extract for a punch of flavor. The lemon curd adds a ton of sweet and tart to this pie, and I can’t imagine making it without it! Use store-bought lemon curd or make your own using this lime curd recipe I have on this site (and substitute lemon juice and zest).
Other than the lemon curd and extract, the pie is full of cream cheese, a bit of sugar, fresh lemon zest, and whipped topping. If you prefer to use real whipped cream, make sure you serve this pie the same day and that you taste it for sweetness (Cool Whip is much sweeter than fresh whipped cream).
This No Bake Lemon Cheesecake explodes in your mouth like spring. One bite will having you dreaming of flip flops and summer!
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- 1 9” Shortbread, Graham Cracker, or Golden Oreo Crust (or buy one from the store)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 3/4 cup lemon curd divided (from scratch or store bought)
- 8 ounces whipped topping I used fat free
- Prepare your crust as directed for no-bake pie.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in sugar, pinch of salt, and lemon extract. Stir in ¼ cup lemon curd and fold in whipped topping. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Take about ½ cup lemon curd (or as much or as little as you want) and spread it over the top of the cheesecake, swirling as desired. Cover pie with plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: March 6, 2016