This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Pineapple Dream Dessert is a no bake pineapple lush recipe. It has a shortbread crust and is the perfect no-bake dessert recipe! This is the perfect creamy pudding dessert – no matter what you call it.
Table of Contents
What is a dream dessert?
Lush. No bake dessert. Dessert lasagna, icebox cake. This dessert has SO many names it’s hard to pick just one. I finally settled on a Pineapple Dream Dessert because when I think of pineapple I think of Hawaii and Hawaii is my dream.
A dream dessert (just like it’s counterparts Lush, lasagna, and icebox cake) is a layered dessert casserole. Usually it has a crust of cookies or graham crackers or, sometimes, a baked shortbread crust.
The filling is usually some sort of pudding mixed with whipped topping and maybe some fruit or pie filling or more cookies thrown in. Then it’s topped with more whipped topping and garnished.
Why you’ll love this recipe
The beauty of these no bake desserts is that they come together in minutes with just a few ingredients. They serve a crowd and are pure heaven…which is probably another reason why they’re called DREAM desserts.
This easy pineapple dessert is full of crushed pineapple and cool whip. It’s kind of like a fluff dessert…but in a casserole pan.
This is a pineapple dream dessert without cream cheese – just 5 ingredients.
- Shortbread Cookies – I love a shortbread crust, but you can swap graham cracker crumbs to make a graham cracker crust instead.
- Crushed Pineapple – Obviously this is a pineapple dessert! Crushed pineapple is the best to use because it has enough liquid to set the pudding.
- Pudding Mix – Did you know you can make pudding without milk? I’m serious! You can make pudding mix with crushed pineapple! The juice makes the pudding.
- Cool Whip – I prefer this recipe with whipped topping. You can make homemade whipped cream for the topping, but stick with Cool Whip for the filling.
How to make a Pineapple Delight
- Mix the crumbs with the melted unsalted butter – I like to stir it with a fork until it’s crumbly.
- Press the crumb mixture into the prepared pan. Chill until ready to set.
- Add the pineapple with the juices to a large bowl. Stir in pudding mix and let sit a few minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place pineapple pudding over crust in pan.
- Top with remaining cool whip and crushed crumbs.
Tip From Dorothy
Pineapple Dream Dessert Tips
- Use your favorite brand of shortbread cookies (Walkers is my favorite). You could also substitute Golden Oreos or Nilla Wafers, or graham crackers if you prefer.
- Be sure to let it sit for a few hours and you have the perfect pie-like no-bake crushed pineapple dessert!!
This is best fresh but you can freeze it as long as it’s been made with whipped topping.
Store this in the refrigerator.
Yes make this up to 24 hours ahead – it tastes better as it sits!
Pineapple Dream Dessert Recipe
- 10 ounces shortbread cookies crushed
- 8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted butter melted
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces Cool Whip divided
- Mix crushed cookies and melted butter. Press into the bottom of an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch pan.
- Stir together pudding mix, pineapple, and half the cool whip container. Spread evenly over crust.
- Top with remaining cool whip and more crushed cookies, if desired. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store in refrigerator covered for up to 3 days.
- You can use graham crackers for the crust if you wish: use 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 6 tablespoons melted butter.
- To substiute freshly whipped cream you’ll need about 1 1/2 cups cold heavy whipping cream.
No Bake Pineapple Dream Dessert is an easy recipe with whipped topping and pineapple. It’s delightfully dreamy!
Last Updated on June 30, 2023