Magic cookie bars are a classic dessert! We love how EASY these bars are to make – and how good they are.
This version combines monster cookies with magic bars: they have a Nutter Butter crust, pecans, and chocolate chips along with other sweet and salty treats for the ULTIMATE 7-layer bar!
You know what a magic cookie bar is, right? You know, the super easy dessert that has seven magical layers that turn into a delectable sweet treat?
These monster magic cookie bars are a delicious twist on a classic 7-layer dessert bar.
I have this habit of combining desserts when I can’t choose between two. In this case, we’re talking monster cookie bars and magical dessert bars, also known as dolly bars, seven-layer bars and magic bars.
Monster cookies are loaded with peanut butter, M&Ms, pretzels, and nuts and magic bars have coconut, graham crackers, chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. So, I thought, why not combine them and create a whole new dessert with the best of both worlds?
Table of Contents
Two Cookie Bars in One
I played around with the idea and took from each what I think are the best parts. I left out the coconut and graham crackers from the magic bars and added my favorite monster bar ingredients and came up with these seven wonderful layers:
- Nutter Butter cookie crust
- Chopped pecans
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Chopped pretzels
- Sweetened condensed milk
They’re Easy to Make – Just Assemble and Bake!
Once you have your ingredients these seven-layer bars are so easy to make. I love that you don’t have to pre bake the crust before you assemble them.
- Make the crust: I like to use my food processor to crush the Nutter Butters. Then just mix the crumbs with some melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish lined with parchment.
- Add all the layers: Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the top of the crust followed by the chocolate chips, peanut butter, chips, pretzels and M&Ms. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake: Pop the bars in the oven and bake them for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool the bars before slicing and serving.
Magic Cookie Bars Variations
I am in love with this monster cookie bar version, but you can easily swap ingredients to create your own customized seven-layer cookie bars! This recipe is so flexible so don’t be afraid to experiment.
- I love Nutter Butter cookies, but any peanut butter sandwich cookie will work for the crust. Or, you can use crushed graham crackers, Oreos, or vanilla or chocolate wafer cookies.
- Use almonds, peanuts or walnuts instead of pecans. Or do a combo!
- Swap out peanut butter chips for butterscotch or white chocolate chips if you want to change up the flavors.
- Instead of M&Ms try some chopped peanut butter cups.
Can you freeze magic bars?
Yes, they freeze great! Just bake them as instructed and let them fully cool. Wrap them tightly and they will keep in the freezer for several months. To thaw, you can pop them in the refrigerator or leave them out at room temperature.
These monster cookie bars are so rich and decadent. A little goes a long way so you can get a lot of mileage out of one pan making them perfect for potlucks, BBQs and other parties when you need to feed a crowd. Or, keep them all to yourself – I won’t tell!
Monster Magic Cookie Bars
- 20 Nutter Butters or other peanut butter sandwich cookie
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1 cup nuts (I used pecans), coarsely chopped
- 1 12 ounce package chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pretzels
- 1 cup M&Ms plain or any flavor
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper.
- Finely crush cookies in a food processor. Mix with melted butter and press into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips, nuts, peanut butter chips, pretzels, and M&Ms evenly over the top of the crust. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the bars.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until edges begin to brown. Cool Completely before cutting.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Magic Cookie Bars are an easy cookie bar recipe! These are 7 layer bars with peanut butter to make them monster magic bars. Magic bars have so many variations and this is the BEST 7 layer bar recipe ever.
Last Updated on February 12, 2020
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: February 12, 2020