This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Football Pies are mini brownie pies decorated to look like little footballs! These are easy to make with a brownie mix and pie crust and they’re fun for any football party. No one can ever say no to brownies!
Table of Contents
Cute Brownie Pies for Football
After a lemon pie fail, I wracked my brain for a fun football way to do a pie. I’ve seen pudding pies before, so I didn’t want to do that. But then I remembered how much I love brownie pies. I’ve made them before, a few times: Turtle Brownie Pies and The Best Brownie Pie. There’s something about the combo of brownie and pie crust that just makes these so good!
If you’re looking for a quick, easy treat to make these are for you. Wether you top them with caramel or your favorite Hershey’s Kiss or a Rolo or a peanut butter cup, or make them into footballs, you will love these. They’re so versatile!
How to make Football Pies
- You start with a package of pre-made crusts. I used Pillsbury, but you could also make your own (try my favorite pie crust recipe).
- You cut your crusts to fit in a mini muffin pan and then fill them with brownie batter. You can make your own from my favorite brownie recipe or you can use a box mix.
- Once they’re cooked and cooled you pipe on the laces.
- Skip the laces on top and add a Hershey’s Kiss, peanut butter cup, or Rolo!
- Use melted white chocolate or vanilla butter cream frosting to make the laces.
- Store these in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Mini Football Brownie Pies
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts (pack of two)
- 1 box brownie mix plus ingredients to make the brownies
- Vanilla frosting homemade or store-bought
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Unroll one pie crust and use a 2 1/2” round cookie cutter to cut circles of dough, re-rolling as needed. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray (I like to use the kind with flour in it) and press one round in each cavity. Repeat with second crust in box. You will get about 36. Chill until ready to fill.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the package directions. Remove crusts from refrigerator and fill each cavity with 1 tablespoon brownie batter. (You’ll have some leftover. You can bake the leftover as cupcakes or in a loaf pan and use for brownie pops or just eat it with a fork.)
- Bake pies for about 15 minutes, until the crust is browned. Let them cool completely before frosting.
- Once cooled, a gentle urging from a butter knife will help the pies pop out of the muffin pans. Place your vanilla frosting in a sandwich baggie and cut off a teeny tiny bit of the tip. Pipe laces onto your pies and enjoy!
- Skip the laces and top with a peanut butter cup, Hershey’s Kiss, or Rolo.
- Use melted white chocolate for the laces if you don’t want to use frosting.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Fun Football Treats
Last Updated on January 31, 2023
These are the cutest. Need these for the Super Bowl party for sure 🙂
I made these for the Super Bowl yesterday and not only were they super easy, but they were delicious and disappeared SO fast. Thanks for the great idea!
Yay! I’m so glad you liked them Alexis!
These are the greatest! So easy to make and so cute and so YUMMY! The kids had a great time helping me make these for our Superbowl Party today! Dorothy you are AMAZING!!!!!!
SO cute, Dorothy!!! 🙂
oh how cute!
These are super cute and I love how easy they are, thanks for sharing them! 🙂
These are so fun Dorothy!!! Very creative 🙂
So adorable! I’m pinning it now!
You are so good with holiday baking! Like, these kill two birds with one stone AND are so darn cute! And seriously, brownies in mini pies? *faceplant*