This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This quick ground turkey and peppers recipe is one of my favorite easy weeknight dinners! It has all the flavors of classic stuffed peppers but is so much easier to make and serve. Instead of stuffing and baking the peppers, you just cook everything in a skillet. Plus, it can be served in a variety of ways so it never gets boring.
Table of Contents
Easy Ground Turkey Dinner Recipe
I love stuffed peppers but they can be a pain to make, so I just take ground turkey, peppers, and onions and cook them together in one pan for a super easy weeknight dinner. You get the great combo of savory ground turkey and bell peppers with no stuffing and no baking required!
This is also one of those recipes that you can repurpose to make several different dinners. Once you’ve cooked the ground turkey and vegetables you can serve them over rice, with some pasta on the side or you can use it as a filling for easy tacos.
Once you’ve prepped the ingredients this easy dinner cooks in about 15 minutes in one pan, but it tastes like it took a lot longer. It’s seasoned with smoked paprika and savory Worcestershire sauce and they give the meat and veggies such an amazing flavor.
This ground turkey recipe is so versatile you can add it to your weekly dinner rotation and not feel like you’re eating the same thing over and over.
Ingredients for Turkey and Peppers
- Ground Turkey: I always use 93/7 but you can substitute 99/1 if you’re being extra low fat. Or use ground beef or ground chicken instead.
- Bell Peppers: Use 2 peppers, any colors. I used a red bell pepper and a green bell pepper. Dice them small.
- Green Onions: Love adding green onions – they’re milder in flavor.
- Garlic: Everything I make has garlic!
- Worcestershire: Adds a ton of flavor
- Spices: Salt, ground black pepper, smoked paprika.
Ground Turkey and Peppers in 3 Easy Steps
- Once your skillet is heated, add the ground turkey and cook it for about five minutes – it will still be a little pink.
- Add the peppers and onion and cook them with the turkey for about three minutes, add the garlic and cook it all for another two minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir and cook it for two more minutes.
Ground turkey cooks pretty fast in a skillet. Depending on how much you’re cooking it usually only takes about 10 minutes to cook through.
Be sure it’s no longer pink and cooked to 165 degrees.
You can if you want but be sure to use at least 90/10. I love using ground turkey in place of ground beef because it’s lighter and healthier and you can use it in so many dishes. It’s simple but the seasonings add so much bold and delicious flavor.
When you add the ground turkey to the pan use your spoon or spatula to break it apart as it cooks. You can also use a potato masher!
Taco, chili and fajita seasoning, dried herbs like parsley, thyme, and rosemary, or Italian seasoning is great, too!
Ground Turkey and Peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Rice or pasta for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground turkey, breaking it up as you cook, until it’s almost cooked through (still a bit pink), about 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and green onions and cook until peppers are softened, about 5 more minutes, adding the garlic after about 2 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and cook 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or pasta for a complete meal.
I also use ground turkey in some of my other favorite dinner recipes:
You can also substitute cooked ground turkey in these recipes:
Looking for an EASY and fast dinner recipe? One Pot Ground Turkey and Peppers is a 30 minute meal that goes well with rice, pasta or make tacos! This is a picky eater approved meal!
Last Updated on January 31, 2023