This quick ground turkey and peppers recipe is one of my favorite easy weeknight dinners! It has all the flavors of classic stuffed peppers but is so much easier to make and serve. Instead of stuffing and baking the peppers, you just cook everything in a skillet. Plus, it can be served in a variety of ways so it never gets boring.
I love stuffed peppers but they can be a pain to make, so I just take ground turkey, peppers, and onions and cook them together in one pan for a super easy weeknight dinner. You get the great combo of savory ground turkey and bell peppers with no stuffing and no baking required!
This is also one of those recipes that you can repurpose to make several different dinners. Once you’ve cooked the ground turkey and vegetables you can serve them over rice, with some pasta on the side or you can use it as a filling for easy tacos.
This ground turkey recipe is so versatile you can add it to your weekly dinner rotation and not feel like you’re eating the same thing over and over.
Once you’ve prepped the ingredients this easy dinner cooks in about 15 minutes in one pan, but it tastes like it took a lot longer. It’s seasoned with smoked paprika and savory Worcestershire sauce and they give the meat and veggies such an amazing flavor.
Ground Turkey and Peppers in 3 Easy Steps
- Once your skillet is heated, add the ground turkey and cook it for about five minutes – it will still be a little pink.
- Add the peppers and onion and cook them with the turkey for about three minutes, add the garlic and cook it all for another two minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir and cook it for two more minutes.
That’s it! It’s seriously that easy!
I love using ground turkey in place of ground beef because it’s lighter and healthier and you can use it in so many dishes. It’s simple but the seasonings add so much bold and delicious flavor.
How do you break up ground turkey?
When you add the ground turkey to the pan use your spoon or spatula to break it apart as it cooks. You can also use a potato masher!
Using ground turkey instead of beef makes a lighter and healthier dinner!PRO TIP
How long do you cook ground turkey?
Ground turkey cooks pretty fast in a skillet. Depending on how much you’re cooking it usually only takes about 10 minutes to cook through.
What seasoning goes well with turkey?
I love cooking with ground turkey because you can season it so many ways. Ground turkey goes great with:
- Taco, chili and fajita seasoning.
- Dried herbs like parsley, thyme, and rosemary.
- Italian seasoning is great, too!
Depending on the dish, ground turkey pretty much goes with everything.
What should I serve with ground turkey and peppers?
- Serve it with pasta like penne, macaroni, or orecchiette. Just stir the cooked pasta right into the pan after you’ve cooked the turkey and veggies.
- Serve it with brown or white rice. You can mix the turkey and peppers with the rice or spoon it over the rice on the plate.
- You can also use the ground turkey and peppers as a filling for tacos. Warm up the tortillas, fill them up and top with your favorite taco toppings.
That’s like three different dinners in one! Plus, the leftovers keep well in an airtight container. Just pop them in the refrigerator for up to two or three days for easy lunches and dinners during the week.
Get this one on your shopping list! It’s so quick to make you’re going to love it for busy weeknights.
I also use ground turkey in some of my other favorite dinner recipes:
You can also substitute cooked ground turkey in these recipes:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Ground Turkey and Peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Rice or pasta for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground turkey, breaking it up as you cook, until it’s almost cooked through (still a bit pink), about 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and green onions and cook until peppers are softened, about 5 more minutes, adding the garlic after about 2 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and cook 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or pasta for a complete meal.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Looking for an EASY and fast dinner recipe? One Pot Ground Turkey and Peppers is a 30 minute meal that goes well with rice, pasta or make tacos! This is a picky eater approved meal!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: January 15, 2020