This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These Fudgy Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies are SO delicious, you might cry. They’re a rich and decadent brownie recipe topped with a gooey peanut butter. Once baked they’re so fudgy and peanut buttery you’ll have to eat more than one.
Table of Contents
BEST Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
I mean…peanut butter. And brownies. Is there anything better? Peanut butter brownies are epic!
This is my standard brownie recipe that I’ve been using for about a year now. You can make them in a 9×13″ pan for a thinner brownie, or in a 9×9″ pan for a thicker and extra super fudgy brownie.
Peanut Butter Brownies Ingredients
- The recipe includes three kinds of chocolate: melted unsweetened and semi-sweet, and cocoa powder. You can use regular cocoa powder, or you can use Dark Cocoa Powder. If you’ve never used Dark – DO IT. It gives it such a rich and fudgy flavor, seriously you’ll cry.
- Lots of butter keeps them moist and rich.
- Eggs give brownies that fudgy gooey texture.
- Peanut Butter – the peanut butter mixture is swirled on top the brownies. Be sure to use a no-stir (not natural) peanut butter.
How to make Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- First you’ll make the brownies by mixing all the ingredients in a large bowl. Place the batter into the pan.
- The peanut butter topping is simple to make. It’s made with powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla. The peanut butter mixture by itself tastes like a peanut butter cup.
- Swirl the peanut butter on top and then bake the brownies in a preheated oven.
This is such a great all-purpose brownie recipe – without the peanut butter you can frost them with orange frosting, or coconut frosting. You can stuff them with Oreos or make them into truffles. This is the BEST brownie recipe!
Fudgy Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
For the Brownies
- 2 ounces (57g) unsweetened baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces (57g) semi-sweet baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups (450g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder I love using Hershey’s Dark, but you can use either regular or dark
- 1 cup (124g) all-purpose flour
For the peanut butter swirl:
- ½ cup 133g) peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup (38g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×9” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the two baking chocolates and butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Heat on HIGH power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is smooth. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and cocoa and stir well. Add flour and stir carefully. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Stir together peanut butter, melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Drop spoonfuls on top of the brownies then swirl with a butter knife or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake about 28-30 minutes, until the center seems set. Let cool before cutting. These brownies, baked this way, will be super gooey inside. If you like your brownies more done and less gooey, bake them longer.
- You can reduce the sugar in the recipe to 1 1/4 cups – that’s as low as I’ve gone when testing.
- Feel free to use 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate. If using 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, reduce sugar to 1 1/2 cups.
Last Updated on February 21, 2023