Fudgy Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
These Fudgy Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies are SO delicious, you might cry. They’re a rich and decadent brownie recipe topped with a gooey peanut butter. Once baked they’re so fudgy and peanut buttery you’ll have to eat more than one.
Last Monday, I was sitting in my car at Jordan’s dance class, minding my own business, waiting for her to be done, when I look up and a man is driving a big truck in the parking lot wearing a ski mask.
Now, my first thought was “is there a bank nearby?” but there isn’t. I did, however remember there is a liquor store in the corner of the shopping center. I began to panic, thinking I am the only witness to a robbery. The guy is going to go in and steal some Wild Turkey or something and try to get away in his huge white truck with his ski mask on and I’ll be the only witness – if he lets me live.
Then, the truck stops driving, and pulls into a parking spot in front of Jordan’s dance class. I started to sweat. In the approximately 1.5 seconds since I first saw ski mask dude driving, I am now convinced he is not going to rob the convenience store, but instead go in and hold 5 little girls hostage. In a second I’m freaking out because I’m the BAD MOM who wanted to sit in her car instead of listening to the incessant jabbering of the owner and her mother, who is obsessed that I am still wearing flip flops in November.
Instead, I’ll be stuck outside while my daughter is being held hostage by a ski mask driving white pick-up truck man. #momfail
As I’m about to dial 911 or shout or do…something…a girl hops out of the truck. She runs inside and joins Jordan’s dance class. The truck drives off.
So it appears that one of the girls in Jordan’s dance class has a psycho for a father. One who thinks it’s okay to drive around town wearing a ski mask freaking out other parents.
Yeah, dads? Don’t drive wearing a ski mask. Unless you buy me a bottle of vodka at the liquor store, mmkay?
Thank God I came home to these Fudgy Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies. They were just what I needed.
I mean…peanut butter. And brownies. Is there anything better?
This is my standard brownie recipe that I’ve been using for about a year now. You can make them in a 9×13″ pan for a thinner brownie, or in a 9×9″ pan for a thicker and extra super fudgy brownie.
The recipe includes three kinds of chocolate: melted unsweetened and semi-sweet, and cocoa powder. You can use regular cocoa powder, or you can use Dark Cocoa Powder. If you’ve never used Dark – DO IT. It gives it such a rich and fudgy flavor, seriously you’ll cry.
FYI, my daughter hates dark chocolate. She avoids it at all costs. She ate these brownies and loved them. It doesn’t make them unsweet-dark, it just gives them an extra layer of flavor and adds richness. It’s like eating fudge. But it’s a brownie.
The peanut butter topping is simple to make. It’s made with powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla. The peanut butter mixture by itself tastes like a peanut butter cup. And then you put it on top of fudgy brownies and you know what happens?
They blow your mind.
Best brownies ever. Perfect for a note of chocolate at Thanksgiving, and especially perfect for your holiday treat platters.
Make them, mmmkay?
Fudgy Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Rich and fudgy brownies with a peanut butter swirl! These are some serious brownies!
For the Brownies
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I love using Hershey’s Dark, but you can use either regular or dark)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For the peanut butter swirl:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×9” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the two baking chocolates and butter in a large, microwave safe bowl. Heat on HIGH power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is smooth. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and cocoa and stir well. Add flour and stir carefully. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Stir together peanut butter, melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Drop spoonfuls on top of the brownies then swirl with a butter knife or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake about 28-30 minutes, until the center seems set. Let cool before cutting. These brownies, baked this way, will be super gooey inside. If you like your brownies more done and less gooey, bake them longer.
You might also like: