This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
You can make the best Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream without a machine! All you need are a few simple ingredients to make this mint ice cream with cookies. It’s the perfect treat for hot summer days!
Easy Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
This mint cookies and cream ice cream is the most simple, easiest ice cream you’ll ever make. You don’t have to make a custard base, and you don’t need an ice cream maker!
I call it Cookies ‘n Mint Ice Cream…but the other name for it would be Jordan’s Ice Cream. She loves mint. It’s her favorite flavor combo. Her birthday cake was mint. She asks for mint everything…including ice cream.
So what makes it so easy? It’s a no churn ice cream – the best invention ever in the ice cream department.
You only need four ingredients!
I used to buy Ben and Jerry’s or Great Value ice cream before I learned how to make this easy ice cream recipe. Now I stock my fridge with it – the only hard part is deciding if Jordan or I should get the last scoop!
Ingredients in Easy Mint Cookie Ice Cream
- Chopped Oreo cookies – for extra minty ice cream, use Mint Oreos!
- Sweetened condensed milk – regular or fat-free will work.
- Peppermint extract – not mint extract.
- Heavy whipping cream
How to Make Mint Cookie Ice Cream Without a Machine
- Whip the cream with an electric mixer in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and extract.
- Carefully fold in the chopped cookies until they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×11 loaf pan and freeze the ice cream for four to six hours or until it’s firm.
- Want to skip the whipping part? You can use Cool Whip instead. Mix the sweetened condensed milk and extract and then fold in the whipped topping.
- Instead of Oreos, make mint chocolate chip cookies and cream ice cream with crushed Chips Ahoy cookies.
- You can use regular Oreos for this recipe or up the mint flavor with Mint Oreo cookies.
- You can skip the green food coloring if you prefer.
- When you fold the ingredients to combine them, be sure to do this slowly and don’t stir. Folding will keep the air in the whipped cream – stirring will deflate it. If you deflate the whipped cream, your ice cream won’t be as creamy and smooth.
- Also, be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl while you fold. This will ensure all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- This ice cream will keep for up to two months as long as it’s covered with plastic wrap and stored in an airtight container.
Other Favorite Easy Ice Cream Recipes
- Basic Vanilla No Churn Ice Cream can be made so many ways!
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream with brownies!
- Caramel Ice Cream with chocolate too!
- Funfetti Ice Cream and ice cream sandwiches with funfetti cookies.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
- 10 Oreos (regular or Mint)
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (regular or fat-free)
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract see note
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (see note about Cool Whip)
- Green food coloring optional
- Chop Oreos to small pieces.
- Whip the cream in a large mixing bowl until stiff peaks have formed.
- Once the cream is stiff and fully whipped, add in the sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and green food coloring. Gently fold the mixture together until it is smooth and homogenous.
- Slowly fold in Oreos until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a 9×11 loaf pan and place it in the freezer for 4-6 hours, or until the middle of the pan is fully set.
- Be sure to use peppermint extract NOT mint extract. Add up to 1 teaspoon (this is personal preference).
- Substitute 2 containers (8 ounces each or 16 total ounces) cool whip in place of the heavy whipping cream. Just fold the cool whip into the sweetened condensed milk mixture in place of the whipped cream.
- This ice cream will last for 2 months in the freezer if it is covered with plastic wrap or moved to an airtight container.
- This recipe also tastes great with chips ahoy instead of Oreos. Use Mint Oreos for even more minty flavor.
- It is important to gently fold the ingredients into the heavy cream, so you avoid knocking air out of the ice cream mixture. This will help keep the final product smooth and creamy.
- When folding the ingredients together, be sure to scrape along the bottom of the mixing bowl several times to ensure no sweetened condensed milk is sticking.
Mint Cookies and Cream Ice Cream – easy ice cream without a machine – like homemade mint chip ice cream but with Oreos instead!
Last Updated on May 20, 2022
Can you use regular or Fat Free ReddiWip?
No, unfortunately ReddiWhip is not the same consistency as Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream. I don’t think it will work.
I totally hear you! I am up by 5:45-6 and it’s really awkward when you’re staying at somebody else’s house or camping with friends. I am pretty much ready for a nap by 1:00 though 😉 Me & Jordan can be friends. Love Mint & Chocolate together. Great pics.
Lol I was the total opposite of you when I was a teenager, Dorothy. I’d be up until 3 am and sleep until noon (I would’ve been one of those friends giving you an am curfew). But now that I’m basically a senior citizen in a 30-some-odd year old body, I love going to bed early and getting up early. I need to spend my early waking hours making this incredible ice cream! I love that I don’t need an ice cream maker – how easy is this?!
LOL, senior citizen in a 30-some-odd year old body. SO ME. 🙂