This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Easy Caramel Apple Strudel – this easy danish braid has just 3 ingredients and is the easiest breakfast or dessert recipe ever! Caramel Apple is the perfect fall flavor, especially in a pastry!
Table of Contents
What is Caramel Apple Strudel?
Remember last week when I posted my homemade apple pie filling? I promised a recipe using it and THIS IS IT! I made a caramel version of my famous apple strudel. Except I added caramel. LOTS OF CARAMEL!
There are other names for this kind of pastry. I’ve seen it called a danish, but the most popular other name is a Crescent Braid. I’m sure it gets that name because it’s made with Crescent Rolls. Of course, you could also use puff pastry or a homemade cinnamon roll dough too. When you use the Crescent Rolls, this recipe only has 3 ingredients…assuming you’re using a can of pie filling or have already made my homemade version. Three ingredients, that’s IT! And did I mention one of them is caramel?
Caramel Apple Strudel is an easy fall recipe that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
Ingredients In Apple Braid
Just 3 easy ingredients:
How to make Caramel Apple Strudel
- Unroll the crescent rolls and pinch the seams together.
- Cut slits 1-inch apart up and down both sides, leaving the center uncut.
- Spread the pie filling in the center and top with caramel sauce.
- Braid up the strips and bake.
Tips for making easy strudel:
- I like to use a rolling pin to press my crescent roll seams together to make one big rectangle. If you can find the sheets at the grocery store, you can grab one of those instead.
- Variety alert: you can use ANY kind of pie filling for this recipe, but apple goes SO well with caramel.
- Try using my homemade cinnamon caramel recipe – it would be even better than using store bought!
- How to serve easy strudel: Drizzle with more caramel!
- How to store strudel: Store in the refrigerator covered for up to 3 days.
- Can you freeze strudel? I don’t recommend it but it can be done.
Caramel Apple Strudel
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto prepared cookie sheet. Do not separate the rolls; instead pinch the seems together and press with a rolling pin to create one rectangular sheet.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut slits on both sides of the dough about 1-2 inches long leaving a 2-3 inch gap in the center. Cut the slits about 1 inch apart.
- Place the apple pie filling down the center (uncut) part of the dough. Spread with caramel sauce. Fold over the flaps one by one, creating a somewhat braided effect.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes, or until the dough is cooked through and browned. Some caramel will leak out, that’s expected.
- Drizzle with more caramel sauce before serving.
Last Updated on September 23, 2023