This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
No one will guess these Cake Mix Cookies come from a box! It’s so easy to make crinkle cookies out of cake mix with only 3-ingredients. If you need an EASY cookie recipe – be sure to try this one!
Easy cookies for a busy season – that’s the perfect recipe, don’t you think?
These days it seems like my time is super thin, between working and exercising and being a parent…there’s not a lot of extra time this year. I’m trying to create shortcuts wherever I can, especially because I really want to enjoy the holidays.
These cookies are some of my favorite ones because they’re so easy. These Cake Mix Crinkles are even better because they’re a little fancier (perfect for Christmas) and no one will know they’re from a cake mix!
You can make easy cookies with only 3 ingredients!
I always love crinkle cookies at Christmas. They seem so festive, kind of like snowball cookies. We used to make chocolate crinkle cookies when I was a kid and I remember loving them.
I know cookies aren’t hard to make, but sometimes you have a cake mix and you just want to use it, or you don’t feel like measuring sugar and flour. (Or maybe you just love the cake mix flavor, which is totally me!) Whatever your reason for making cookies with a mix, these are a great go-to recipe for any occasion.
Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies are easy to make with any flavor cake mix!
Another reason I love cake mix cookies so much is because you can use ANY flavor cake mix. Lemon, chocolate, yellow, strawberry: you name it you can use it. Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are some of my favorite behind these! That makes it SO easy to make a ton of different flavor cookies for your holiday platters without all the work and extra ingredients.
Easy holiday = winning in my book. I need easy this year.
Basically, follow my simple recipe and add your own flavor twists! Which cake mix flavor will you use?
How to make perfect Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies:
- Choose your cake mix flavor. Use whatever flavor you like, or pick a few!
- I love using vegetable oil which keeps them tender, but if you want to make cake mix cookies with butter, you can use melted butter instead.
- Use your favorite mix-ins (optional). I used chocolate chips in these crinkle cookies but you could leave them out. Or, add mint chip pieces or M&Ms or chopped candy.
- The dough is sticky, so if it’s too soft, chill it for 30 minutes before baking.
- I like to roll these in powdered sugar before baking – that’s what makes them crinkly!
Can you freeze cake mix cookies?
Yes! I always freeze cookies (learn how to freeze desserts). Simply stack them between paper towels or wax paper in an airtight container and freeze for up to a month. You may need to re-roll them in powdered sugar when thawing.
Other easy cookie recipes for the holidays:
- Christmas Sugar Cookies, three ways
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Red Velvet Blossom Cookies
Other holiday recipes I love:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Easy Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
- 1 15.25 ounce yellow cake mix (or any flavor)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or melted butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or other mix-in, like M&Ms)
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with silat baking mats.
- Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs with a hand or a stand mixer until a sticky dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. If dough is too wet to handle, chill for 30 minutes.
- Place about 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a small bowl. Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough and coat them with powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheets. Bake immediately (or powdered sugar will dissolve) for about 10-12 minutes. Cool at least 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
Last Updated on November 19, 2019