This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
You are going to love these BBQ Turkey and Cheese Sliders! This easy sliders recipe is full of turkey, cheddar, and barbecue flavoring! The topping on these BBQ turkey cheddar sliders tastes JUST like a BBQ chip, and this is the perfect recipe for your game day party!
Table of Contents
BBQ Turkey and Cheese Sliders
If you’re like me, then you have a huge weakness for sandwiches, sliders in particular, especially if they’re made with King’s Hawaiian bread. They are slightly sweet, flaky on the outside and soft in the inside making these Hawaiin sweet rolls perfect for this turkey slider recipe!
Your guests are going to LOVE these turkey Hawaiian roll sliders on game day! They are the perfect grab and bite snack that everyone loves, especially watching the big game! These sliders make the perfect party apitizer since they’re so delicious, easy and fun to eat! Plus, EVERYONE loves sliders, no matter the flavor.
Why you’ll love this recipe
If you’re also obsessed with BBQ chips, then this is a must-try turkey sandwich recipe for you! These BBQ turkey cheddar sliders have a coating that tastes JUST like them! SO delicious!
These also make a great side dish for dinner time!
What’s even better about this turkey sandwich recipe is that is takes 15 minutes total time to bake!
Ingredients for Hot Turkey Sliders
- Dinner rolls: such as King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls but you can use any brand
- Barbecue sauce: use your favorite kind
- Turkey deli meat: you can even use any leftover turkey for this recipe
- Cheddar cheese: feel free to use any kind of cheese for this. Pepper jack works great too!
- Butter: unsalted and melted
- Smoked paprika: for the hearty and smokey flavor you’ll love
- Brown sugar: shhh! This is the secret ingredient to this turkey slider recipe
- Salt: I used kosher salt for this recipe
- Garlic powder: or use a teaspoon dried minced garlic
- Onion powder: essential BBQ seasoning
- Ground black pepper: for flavor
- Chili powder: for an extra kick
How to make Turkey Cheese Sliders
- These oven baked turkey cheese sliders are sliced and slathered with your favorite barbecue sauce. After you slather on the sauce, you layer deli turkey meat and cheddar cheese.
- Then, before you bake the turkey slider to melty goodness, you mix up some melted butter with all the spices you need to make a BBQ chip seasoning.
- The secret ingredient? Smoked paprika and brown sugar. Pour it all over the cheesy turkey rolls, then add in the baking dish to bake. After that…EAT! And try to share a turkey cheese slider. 🙂
I just think cheddar goes so well with BBQ flavor, but you could also use Jack or Pepper Jack, or any kind you like.
For about 15 minutes.
Yes you can! Store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
BBQ Turkey Cheddar Sliders
- 1 package 12 rolls dinner rolls (such as King’s Hawaiian)
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 8 ounces sliced turkey deli meat
- 8 slices about 6 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Spray a 9×13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F, or if you’re using a grill, use a disposable pan and preheat it to about the same temperature.
- Slice rolls in half (leave them connected if they are connected in the package). Place the bottom of the rolls in the pan. Spread with barbecue sauce, then layer with turkey and shredded cheese. Place the top half of the rolls on top.
- Stir together butter and spices, then pour over the top of the sandwiches. Bake or grill until the cheese is melty and the sandwiches are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
What goes with turkey sliders?
- If you need a vegetable side dish, try air fryer broccoli or parmesan roasted zucchini.
- As an appetizer, serve these with French Bread Pizza, French Dip Pinwheels, and Chili Cheese Dip for game day.
Last Updated on February 4, 2023
This has been a family favorite for several years now. My kids request it regularly!
these are delicious! I used sweet and honey bbq sauce and I shredded the cheese. ….and yes I’m Canadian ! we will be making these again. thank you for the recipe