Seven Layer Ice Cream Pie
Thanks to Breyers, I was able to make this amazing Seven Layer Ice Cream Pie for you! Hot Fudge, Caramel, Chocolate Sauce, Ice Cream and a to-die-for crust…this Ice Cream Pie will blow your mind!
Oh emmmmm geeee.
Seriously, this is the BEST ice cream pie I’ve ever had. It’s the best one I’ve ever made. Like, we devoured it (even my husband!) in three days.
And it’s fat-free!
Kidding. It’s not fat-free. But the ice cream I used was! That means something, right?
I had so many ideas for how to name this pie:
Magic Ice Cream Pie.
Monster Ice Cream Pie.
Vanilla Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Oreo Ice Cream Pie with a Oreo Pretzel Crust and Chocolate Caramel Sprinkle Swirl.
That last one seemed like too much of a mouthful, so I settled on Seven Layer Ice Cream Pie.
We’ll get into the layers in a minute. Let’s talk crust first.
I love me some crust (obvi). I’ve even created a few crusts that I really love.
This one? This one takes the
cake pie. It’s Oreo crumbs mixed with pretzel crumbs. Because when you’re indecisive, why not have both?
Have you ever eaten an Oreo with a pretzel? I haven’t. But now I’m going to. Because OMG Oreo + Pretzel = party in your mouth.
This amazing, life changing concoction started because of Breyers. They’ve always been my favorite kind of ice cream. Like, when you eat their vanilla it’s like you’re sucking on a vanilla bean, and I kind of like that. (Not really, but you get my drift.)
Breyers has a whole new line of ice cream sundae toppings. They have every flavor you’d want to make your ice cream speak to you: hot fudge, caramel, chocolate sauce, three fruit flavors, and sprinkles. Of course, sprinkles. They’re the best part! These new ice cream toppings have no high-fructose corn syrup and the sauces come in microwaveable pouches for easy serving. The fruit toppings are made with real fruit and have no artificial flavors or colors.
They’re all really, really good. My husband saw the pouches and told me to hide them from him. He eats a cup of fat-free Breyers ice cream every night on the weekends. I had to stop buying chocolate sauce because it was disappearing faster than the peanut butter.
Oh, yeah. Did I mention there is peanut butter in this pie too? Okay, let’s run down the seven layers, mmkay?
1. Oreo Crust
2. Pretzel Crust
3. Fat-free Breyers Ice Cream
4. Peanut Butter
5. Hot Fudge
6. Caramel AND Chocolate Sauces
Seven layers of wonderful.
When he saw me making the pie, my husband said to me, “I want to plant my face in that.”
Yeah. Pretty much.
I still want too. But it’s all gone.
Luckily I still have ice cream toppings left.
It’s too bad I can’t face plant onto a computer screen. That might hurt, but if it would mean I could taste this pie again, I might try it.
I apologize for all the drool on your keyboard.
Make this pie. You won’t be sorry.
Seven Layer Ice Cream Pie
Yield: 8-10 servings
This seven layer ice cream pie has an Oreo pretzel crust and is filled with ice cream, chocolate, and caramel!
For the Crust
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 16 cookies)
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
- 1 container (1.5Q) Breyer’s Vanilla Ice Cream (I used the fat-free kind)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 6 Oreos, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Hot Fudge Sauce (Breyer’s Hot Fudge Sauce)
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Sauce (Breyer’s Chocolate Flavored Sauce)
- 1/4 cup Caramel Sauce (Breyer’s Caramel Flavored Sauce)
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Remove ice cream from freezer to get soft enough to stir while you make the crust.
- Pulse 16 Oreo cookies in a food processor until only fine crumbs remain. Place in a medium bowl. Add pretzels to the food processor and pulse until there are only small pieces, add to Oreo crumbs. Stir in melted butter with a fork. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9.5” or 10” pie plate. (If you are using a 9” pie plate, you can use all the crust (it will be thicker) but you won’t be able to fit the entire container of ice cream, so use about 3/4 of the container.) Freeze crust until ready to fill.
- Place peanut butter in a large bowl. Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave, stir to smooth it out. Add the container of ice cream that’s been softening on your counter. Add hot fudge sauce and remaining 6 chopped Oreos. Fold all ingredients together. (You don’t want to incorporate the peanut butter and hot fudge totally, just make ribbons throughout the ice cream.)
- Pour ice cream into prepared crust and smooth the top. Top with hot fudge, caramel, and both sprinkles. Place in freezer to harden. (Either place in a tupperware container that will hold the pie plate, or once it’s frozen cover it with plastic wrap.)
Other Ice Cream Wonderfulness:
Thanks for reading!
Breyers provided me with their ice cream toppings to try and sponsored this post, but all opinions are 100% my own. I mean, it’s ice cream. Who doesn’t love it?