Jan 03

Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars

Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars

Wellll hellllloooooo beautiful brownie peanut butter magic bar. How you doin’?

{Tell me the truth, you just said that in your best Joey voice, right? Could there be a better TV show?}

Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars

These kind of speak for themselves, am I right? I think I *may* have just blown your diets to pieces. Sorry.

Actually…I’m not really sorry. If I can’t avoid sugar than neither can you! ;)

I’ve been on a magic bar kick lately. I made monster magic bars, cookies ‘n cream magic bars, almond white chocolate magic bars, and I have a few more save to share with you. They are just SO easy to make and so sinfully good! The possibilities are endless.

These babies…well. The crust is a brownie. You know that whole “make a crust out of cake mix” idea? With one stick of butter and an egg? I did it with brownies.

{You’re welcome.}

Then I chopped up some peanut butter cups and added peanut butter chips and chocolate chips along with my favorite drink, sweetened condensed milk.

These brownies are a mouthful. They are a meal. Skip lunch and eat two of these bad boys. Take that Weight Watchers!

Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars

Could there be a better magic bar? I’m not sure…

Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars

• 1 box Brownie Mix (19.5 ounces)
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 8 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
  2. Beat brownie mix, butter, and egg in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until combined. (Mixture will be thick.) Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
  3. Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips over the brownie crust. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the candy.
  4. Bake 28-30 minutes, until edges of brownies begin to brown. Let cool completely before slicing into bars. (Little goes a log way - these babies are rich! Cut small bars for best consumption.)

Do you like magic bars and brownies? Check out my Brownies/Bars Pinboard to get some fabulous ideas! Here are a few of my favorites:

Magic Turtle Bars by Chocolate, Chocolate, and More
Caramel Pretzel Ooey Gooey Bars by Something Swanky
Chocolate Peanut Butter 7-Layer Bars by The Domestic Rebel

This post may be linked to: Chef in TrainingTrick or Treat TuesdayLil’ LunaSweet Treats SaturdayChic-and-CraftyI’m Lovin’ it FridaysStrut your Stuff SaturdayWeekend Wrap Up PartySundae Scoop Link Partyand all of these too!

92 Responses to “Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars”

1. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on January 3, 2013 at 4:16 pm (#)

Thanks for the linky love girlfriend! A brownie base is simply genius. I cannot get enough of these magic/7 layer bars and may have like, four recipes to be posted. Ugh, I am stuck in a throw-everything-on-top-and-pour-scmilk-on-it rut.

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 6:50 am

They are just so easy! I love ‘em, keep them coming!

2. Kristin posted on January 3, 2013 at 4:35 pm (#)

Oh my gosh. I actually don’t make much with SC milk these days. Because I end up eating half of it with a spoon.

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 6:49 am

That’s why I only like recipes that call for an entire can…

3. Lisa posted on January 3, 2013 at 4:39 pm (#)

#ijustgotfatter

4. Pingback: Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars | Crazy for Crust

5. Becky posted on January 3, 2013 at 5:00 pm (#)

I started reading your blog after your guest post on Kristin’s kNook! Yes, I read that in my Joey voice, AND I read “Could there BE a better….” in my Chandler voice. Can’t help it! :)

These sound AMAZING! Thanks for sharing!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 6:49 am

Totally Chandler voice. I loved him! :)

6. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on January 3, 2013 at 5:05 pm (#)

Nope. I don’t think there could be a better brownie. Or show!! DROOLING

7. Heather @French Press posted on January 3, 2013 at 5:21 pm (#)

absolutely said in a joey voice – how I miss that show:(
    totally making these tomorrow, and then I will need to get fatter, fat pants
    but I’m pretty sure it’ll be worth it

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 6:48 am

Ha! Bulk up before your cleanse. ;)

8. Kaylee @ Couponing & Cooking posted on January 3, 2013 at 5:24 pm (#)

Oh wow! Who needs to diet when you have those?

9. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts posted on January 3, 2013 at 5:48 pm (#)

Oh yeah, what diet?

10. Mom posted on January 3, 2013 at 7:27 pm (#)

Absolute YUM!

11. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme posted on January 3, 2013 at 7:40 pm (#)

Holy yum! These are definitely magical!

12. Emily @ Sweet Bella Roos posted on January 3, 2013 at 7:44 pm (#)

Yeah these could really only be more magical if they magically had zero calories. I can dream right? Or just lie to myself? … Or just console myself with a second brownie?

13. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on January 4, 2013 at 3:11 am (#)

ok so my healthy eating should be put on a hold since I don’t think i could EVER resist one of these!! I think I have food A.D.D. – I want your oat banana cookies AND these brownie PB bars at the same time. lol!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 6:46 am

Hmmmm. I’m sure there is a way to combine them. The flavors work, lol!

14. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on January 4, 2013 at 5:49 am (#)

Yes, I did read that in my Joey voice. Best show and best brownie magic bars! I totally want brownie crust on everything now!!!

15. Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more posted on January 4, 2013 at 5:52 am (#)

Oh my gosh I can feel my blood sugar rising just looking at them! Yummy!

16. mrs. williams {persnickety plates} posted on January 4, 2013 at 6:14 am (#)

I’m making these tonight for a friend who had surgery this week. The plan is to give them ALL to her. We’ll see how that goes…

Happy Friday =)

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 6:44 am

All but one. You gotta test, lol!

17. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie posted on January 4, 2013 at 6:29 am (#)

Keep the magic bars coming! Especially the peanut butter varieties

18. katie posted on January 4, 2013 at 6:59 am (#)

oh my… these look fantastic. I love doctoring up a box mix and making it my own!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 4:45 pm

It’s the best! Thanks Katie!

19. Tonia@thegunnysack posted on January 4, 2013 at 8:24 am (#)

These are totally 100% fat free, sugar free, diet friendly…right? Can I just pretend they are? Because they look fantastic!!

20. Elaine posted on January 4, 2013 at 9:12 am (#)

Anything with peanut butter and chocolate makes my mouth water. It’s a bonus when the recipe is this easy!! Love the looks and sounds of these magic bars. :)

21. Meg @ Sweet Twist posted on January 4, 2013 at 12:35 pm (#)

Ugh… how can I stay healthy this year when you show me these. hehe. YUM!!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Eating brownies is healthy for my psyche. :) lol!

22. Emily posted on January 4, 2013 at 3:18 pm (#)

Oooo… those look oh so good!

23. The Farm Girl posted on January 4, 2013 at 3:50 pm (#)

Seriously!!!! Two of my favorite things ever all rolled into one. Can’t wait to try it :)

24. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on January 4, 2013 at 4:23 pm (#)

I would gladly skip several meals for these wonderful bars of heaven! Magic, indeed! Chocolatey peanut buttery gooodnesssssss!!!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Me too! We think alike. Thanks Kayle!

25. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on January 4, 2013 at 5:23 pm (#)

I keep thinking about these since I saw them yesterday from my Reader. The combo of choco, PB, and all the Magic Bar type layers – YES!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I keep thinking about them too…To bad I made them too long ago, lol! Thanks Averie!

26. Karly posted on January 4, 2013 at 6:05 pm (#)

“…my favorite drink, sweetened condensed milk.” Hahaha! I love that stuff too. Though, maybe not to drink. ;)

These look fabulous!

• crazyforcrust replied on January 4th, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Thanks Karly! I only take a swig or two when no one is looking… ;)

27. Ashton @ Something Swanky posted on January 4, 2013 at 8:48 pm (#)

Could these BE more evil genius?????

28. G posted on January 6, 2013 at 3:33 pm (#)

This might be a stupid question, but do you mix the brownies up according to the directions on the box, and add the butter and egg? Or is it just the dry mix plus butter and egg? Slow…

• crazyforcrust replied on January 6th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Just the butter and egg, disregard the directions on the back of the box! :)

29. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on January 6, 2013 at 8:12 pm (#)

LOVE Friends, and I LOVE these magic bars. Weight Watchers whhhhaat?

• crazyforcrust replied on January 7th, 2013 at 6:27 am

I know right? My fat pants are knocking at my door…

30. Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen posted on January 7, 2013 at 1:49 pm (#)

These look seriously decadent. I love those big chunks of pb…

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 7th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Me too… :) Thanks Loretta!

31. Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen posted on January 8, 2013 at 7:44 am (#)

How is it that you made something so decadent so easy?! I am definitely going to be trying this one! The gals at my work thank you already! = )

32. Darlicia posted on January 8, 2013 at 3:18 pm (#)

I have these in the oven right now!! I’m so excited!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 8th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I hope you like them!!! :)

• Darlicia replied on January 8th, 2013 at 7:05 pm

They were a huge hit at our taekwondo school! I’ve already shared the recipe. I’m making another batch to take to work in the morning…hail, hail to the Queen! Lol

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 9th, 2013 at 6:21 am

I’m glad! Thanks for letting me know. I want to make another batch now! :)

33. Holly Lefevre posted on January 8, 2013 at 3:37 pm (#)

I just exercised and now I see this…I must readjust my schedule….delicious!

34. Trish @ Mom On Timeout posted on January 8, 2013 at 6:44 pm (#)

Geez Dorothy! You’re killing me here! I could knock down a few of these EASY.

35. Pingback: Yeah Bars Peanut Butter

36. Mackenzie posted on January 11, 2013 at 6:25 am (#)

Yum! Dorothy these look awesome; saving this recipe to surprise my husband with soon! Thanks for all these great pics that keep my mouth watering! ;)
    Mackenzie :)

37. Katie @ Dip It In Chocolate posted on January 17, 2013 at 5:27 pm (#)

Brownies always qualify as a meal around these parts! ;) What new camera lens did you get? Your pictures really are looking amazing. I got a new camera for Christmas and I’m totally afraid of it! Well… mostly afraid after all that money hubby spent that my pictures still won’t be great… I’m afraid to look at them!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 17th, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Yay! That’s great! I got a 35mm f/1.8 prime lens, although I’m reading all these bloggers getting new lenses and they are 50mm not 35. But I like mine. :) The pics will be awesome. It’s amazing how much faster I take pics now. Only 75 or so for each food, ha!

38. Melissa B posted on February 17, 2013 at 6:22 pm (#)

Oh my! these look so goood!
    Ive pinned to save this recipe to make soon. =)

39. Pingback: Nutter Butter S'mores Magic Cookie Bars - Something Swanky

40. Joy @ Baking-Joy posted on April 16, 2013 at 1:43 pm (#)

Breakfast? Oh yes!! :-)

41. meredith posted on May 8, 2013 at 6:59 pm (#)

OMG! EUREKA…I HAVE FOUND IT…NIRVANA! yay.

42. Tammy posted on May 25, 2013 at 3:42 pm (#)

I was wondering if you perhaps have a Recipe for Big Chocolate Chip Cookies? I’ve been searching for a very long time and still have yet to find what I’m looking for. What I’m searching for are like Big Chocolate Chip Cookies that are more Cake-Like? Not sure if you have anything along those lines but your Recipe for the Brownies are absolutely Delish!!! I’m kinda a Brownie Nut as well as Cookie. Lol Well thank you so much and God Bless!!!

43. Pingback: 31 Seven Layer Magic Bar Recipes - Crazy for Crust

44. Pingback: Healthier Chocolate Gooey Cake Bars - Crazy for Crust

45. The Better Baker posted on June 6, 2013 at 3:37 pm (#)

OH DOROTHY!! These yummy bars look totally irresistible! You are such a creative genius! YUMMMMM-OOOOOO!!

46. Carrie G posted on July 5, 2013 at 9:46 am (#)

I just tried to make the Brownie Peanut Butter Magic Bars and it was kinda an epic fail. The center did not cook. I had them in for 40+ minutes and they were just goo. Should I cook the brownies a little first then add all the toppings. The toppings got so brown that they didn’t look pretty to bring to a party. They still tasted fantastic what isn’t to love about those ingredients but I couldn’t cut them to serve.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 5th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I’m so sorry Carrie! I suppose lots of things could cause that to happen, oven temp differences and altitude and those sorts of things. Cooking them for about 10 minutes first might work, or using a thinner pan possible too (like a jelly roll instead of a 9×13). I’m so sorry they browned too much. Sometimes, if I notice things browning too much, I’ll put some foil on top during baking. I’ve never done it to magic bars, but I have done it to pies. Sorry for the troubles!

47. Pingback: Peanut Butter Cake Bars | BeyondFrosting

48. Pingback: Chocolate Cherry Magic Bars - Whats Cooking Love?

49. Pingback: Samoa Magic Bars - Crazy for Crust

50. Pingback: Peanut Butter Caramel Brownie Magic Bars - myrecipemagic.us

51. Kim posted on July 13, 2014 at 5:04 pm (#)

I love these! This is my 3rd time making them and today I am making 2 batches. I want to freeze a batch. Is that ok?

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 14th, 2014 at 6:30 am

Yes! I always freeze bars. Just make sure they’re in a tightly sealed container and in a single layer – the SCM may make them stick together if you stack them. A few Quart or a Gallon sized ziploc is perfect for this!