This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Candy Cane Martini is a delicious way to celebrate Christmas! Made with homemade peppermint vodka it’s an easy cocktail recipe for any holiday party. You can make it a creamy candy cane cocktail too!
Table of Contents
Crisp or Creamy Candy Cane Martini
Every time I have a party I make a themed cocktail. I’ve done Hawaiian Mimosas for luaus, Lemon Cupcake Martinis for birthday parties, and I plan to serve French 75 Champagne Martinis this New Year’s Eve.
Peppermint is one of my favorite holiday flavors, so it was natural that this year I’ll be serving Candy Cane Martinis at Christmas parties!
Regardless of which martini recipe you make, you need peppermint vodka to make them. Sure, you can buy peppermint vodka at most grocery stores this time of year, but did you also know it’s easy to make your own? Infusing vodka with flavor is super simple and you can use that large bottle you buy at Costco so it’s way cheaper than buying a flavored brand.
How do you make peppermint vodka?
It’s simple, with just two ingredients!
To make peppermint vodka, simply add 2 cups of vodka to a large jar and add 4-5 candy canes. You can use any flavor candy cane (or any size). Let the candy canes soak in the vodka until they dissolve, which won’t take very long (a few hours).
Once you have a jar of peppermint flavored vodka you can easily add it to cocktail recipes all season long.
Candy Cane Martini #1 is a cocktail that tastes like chocolate and peppermint!
Ingredients in Candy Cane Martini
- Peppermint Vodka – make your own or buy it at the store
- Vanilla Vodka – adds great flavor! Regular can be substituted, or whipped vodka
- Peppermint Schnapps – Adds extra peppermint flavor
- Creme de Cocoa – This is chocolate liqueur and adds a hint of chocolate to the peppermint martini
How to make a Candy Cane Martini
- To rim your martini glasses with crushed peppermint candy, simply dip the martini glass in water then dip in a bowl of crushed candy canes.
- Simply mix the peppermint vodka with vanilla vodka, peppermint schnapps, and creme de cocoa to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake. Pour into cocktail glass.
2 Ingredients in a Creamy Peppermint Martini:
- Peppermint Vodka – again you can use homemade or buy it
- Baileys Irish Cream – a nice creamy liqueur
How to make a Creamy Martini
- Simply mix them together in equal parts in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Pour into a martini glass and garnish with a mini candy cane.
No matter what cocktail you serve, your guests are sure to love them. Why not serve both? These are perfect for Christmas!
- You can make homemade peppermint vodka or just buy some at the store.
- When crushing candy canes for the rim of the glass, place them in a bag and bang them with a rolling pin but be sure to do this on a cookie sheet or cutting board. The bag will get holes in it!
- Adjust all the alcohol to taste – these can get strong quick!
- How do you get peppermint to stick to a martini glass? Dip the rim of the glass in corn syrup or honey then in the candy and it will stick!
Candy Cane Martinis
For the peppermint vodka
- 2 cups vodka
- 5 candy canes plus more for rimming glasses
For the Candy Cane Martini (serves 2)
- 2 ounces peppermint vodka
- 2 ounces peppermint schnapps
- 4 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces creme de cocoa
For the Creamy Candy Cane Martini (serves 2)
- 3 ounces peppermint vodka
- 3 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
- To make the peppermint vodka: add vodka and candy canes to a jar. Seal and let sit until candy canes are dissolved (about 2-4 hours). May make up to 1 week ahead; store in refrigerator.
- Rim 2 martini glasses with crushed candy canes: dip the glass in water then in a pile of crushed candy canes.
- To make the Candy Cane Martini: Add both vodkas, schnapps, and creme de cocoa in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into martini glasses.
- To make the Creamy Candy Cane Martini: add vodka and Irish cream to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into martini glasses.
Other candy cane recipes perfect for Christmas:
Other favorite Martini Recipes:
- Lemon Cake Martini is perfect with sprinkles.
- A Sugar Cookie Martini is great for the holidays!
- A Champagne Punch Bellini is perfect for toasting the holidays!
- Shortbread Martinis are delicious too!
Last Updated on November 4, 2022