Oreo Peppermint Bark is so easy a kid can make it! Grab your candy canes, Oreo cookies, and chocolate chips because you are going to love this easy treat. It’s perfect for the holidays.
My daughter has been making this for years – I know you’re going to love it.
My favorite holiday recipes are the easy ones like this peppermint Oreo bark. Four ingredients, a few simple steps, and you get a sweet treat perfect for the holidays.
And I’m particularly proud of this recipe because Jordan came up with it herself! If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you already know she’s not always super excited to get in the kitchen and bake with me, but sometimes the stars align, and she asks if we can make something.
This peppermint Oreo bark was created during one of those rare occasions. She took the lead and, let me just say, the results were perfect. It tastes like peppermint bark but with Oreos added in for a chocolate cookie twist.
Table of Contents
4-Ingredient Peppermint Bark
This is the perfect recipe for the kiddos because they can do most of the work themselves with just some help from mom or dad.
You can’t mess it up, and it’s so fun to make – Jordan first created it several years ago, and now it’s a Christmas go-to favorite. Our holidays are not complete without a batch of this chocolate, peppermint, and Oreo candy bark.
- Crushed candy canes – you can use ten mini ones or four to five regular ones to get about ½ cup crushed
- Chopped Oreos – 12 cookies should give you 1 cup crushed
- Chocolate Chips: you can use milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips + you need white chocolate chips
- Optional: vegetable oil to help melt the chocolate chips
How to Make Oreo Peppermint Bark
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
First Layer: Melt the milk chocolate chips until smooth and spread the melted chocolate over the wax paper in an even layer. Sprinkle the chopped cookies over the top. Place the cookie sheet in the fridge to chill.
Second Layer: Melt the white chocolate chips until smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the crushed Oreos and spread it to the edges. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the top.
Chill the bark until it’s set and then break it into pieces to serve.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Baking with Kids: These days, Jordan can make the entire recipe herself, but if you are in the kitchen with younger kids, I recommend prepping everything for them first.
Crushing Tips: You can crush the candy canes and cookies either in a food processor or the old-fashioned way with a bag and a rolling pin.
Melting Tips: For the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, you can melt them in bowls in the microwave. Melt them in 30-second increments, stirring before you add more time.
Storing Tips: This Oreo peppermint bark will keep well for up to two weeks. Store it in an airtight container in a cool, dark place and enjoy it through the holiday season! Or, package it in cute tins or bags and give it away to friends and family.
We all need easy treats for the holidays, and it really doesn’t get any easier than candy cane Oreo peppermint bark. I mean, if kids can make it, then sign me up! I just love that Jordan came up with this one, and I think you will love it, too!
Other Bark Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Oreo Peppermint Bark Recipe
- 4-5 regular candy canes or 10 mini candy canes about ½ cup
- 12 Oreos chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil optional for melting chocolate if needed
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Add milk chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. If they are having trouble melting, add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Pour onto prepared cookie sheet and spread flat. Sprinkle with chopped Oreos. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Add white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. If they are having trouble melting, add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Pour over Oreos and spread to the edges of the milk chocolate. Sprinkle with chopped candy canes. Chill until set.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- You can crush the candy canes and cookies either in a food processor or the old-fashioned way with a bag and a rolling pin.
- For the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, you can melt them in bowls in the microwave. Melt them in 30-second increments, stirring before you add more time.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
This recipe originally appeared as a guest post on A Southern Fairytale.
This Oreo Peppermint Bark recipe is perfect for the holidays! Only four ingredients and a few simple steps to have a sweet holiday treat.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: November 30, 2020