This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This is the best white chocolate macadamia nut cookie recipe made completely from scratch! These cookies are loaded with crunchy nuts and white chocolate and are so easy to make.
They are so much better than Subway when you make them yourself at home. We couldn’t stop eating them!
Why You’ll Love White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Who’s a fan of the white chocolate macadamia cookies at Subway? I was until I started making a copycat version at home and let me say mine are so much better. Macadamia nuts and white chocolate are the perfect match and you will love how easy these are to make.
These cookies are as easy as making chocolate chip cookies and a nice change especially if you love nuts. These cookies also remind me of Hawaii – probably because I eat buckets of macadamia nuts while I’m there – so I love making them for so many reasons.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe Video
Table of Contents
- Why You’ll Love White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe Video
- Ingredients in White Macadamia Nut Cookies
- How Do You Cut Macadamia Nuts for Cookies?
- How to Make White Chocolate Macadamias Cookies Recipe
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie FAQs
- Other Favorite Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe Recipe
Ingredients in White Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Butter: I prefer melted unsalted butter in my cookie recipes. It gives a nice flavor when mixed with the brown sugar.
- Sugars: I use both granulated sugar and light brown sugar
- Egg, Vanilla, Baking soda, Salt: typical for cookies
- Flour: these cookies were created using all-purpose flour
- White chocolate chips and Macadamia nuts: because, obviously
How Do You Cut Macadamia Nuts for Cookies?
Macadamia nuts are little round-shaped nuts that are a little buttery and so delicious in these cookies. You will need to coarsely chop them for this recipe.
They have a tendency to roll around so I recommend chopping them in a few small batches with a serrated knife if you don’t buy them already chopped.
Gather some close together in an even layer on your cutting board and run your knife through them by positioning the tip of the knife on the board and slowly pulling it down through the nuts. You will need to reposition them with your other hand after each chop to keep them together.
You just need a rough chop so running your knife through them a few times will work great.
How to Make White Chocolate Macadamias Cookies Recipe
Plan Ahead: You will need to chill the cookie dough so plan ahead before you make them to allow for at least two hours of chilling time. You can also make the dough and chill it overnight.
Creaming Butter and Sugar: Combine the melted butter with both sugars in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
Adding Dry Ingredients: Add the baking soda and salt. Slowly mix in the flour and stir until the batter is smooth and combined. Slowly mix in the chopped nuts and white chocolate chips.
Scoop and Chill: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and form each dough ball with two tablespoons of the dough. Place them on the sheet (spacing doesn’t matter at this point) and chill them for at least two hours.
Bake: Once chilled, place the balls on another parchment-lined cookie sheet spaced two inches apart. Bake the cookies for 11 to 15 minutes or until the edges are light golden and the tops are no longer glossy.
Note: be sure that there are no tips of white chocolate chips sticking up – those tend to get too brown in the oven.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie FAQs
Macadamia nuts have a lot of oil which gives them their buttery texture. Because of this, they have a tendency to break down too much if you chop them in a food processor. So, instead of chopped nuts you might end up with a chunky nut butter instead. So, I recommend using a knife for best results.
Did you chill the dough for at least two hours? Since these cookies are made with melted butter, they will spread to much if you don’t chill the dough. Chilling it allows the butter to solidify so it doesn’t cause the cookies to spread too much.
How long did you chill them for? If you chill them a long time (i.e. overnight) they tend to not spread as much so press them down with the palm of your hand slightly before baking.
Yes, you can freeze the baked cookies and then thaw them at room temperature. Or, you can freeze the cookie dough balls and bake them off in small batches. If you do this, you will need to add a few minutes to the baking time.
You can make the dough up to three days in advance and keep it in the refrigerator to bake later. This is especially helpful if you bake a lot during the busy holiday season!
I might have to start calling these Better Than Subway White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies because they seriously are! They are buttery and crunchy with all those chopped nuts and bits of white chocolate in every bite. Be sure to add this one to your baking list – I know you will love them!
Other Favorite Cookies
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (66g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Note: This dough requires chilling.
- Place melted butter in a large mixing bowl. Add granulated and brown sugars and stir until the mixture is smooth. Stir in egg and vanilla extract and until combined.
- Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Slowly mix in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake (2 tablespoon sized cookies) for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy. Let cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.
These are the BEST Easy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies! This recipe is soft and chewy, bakery style and better than Subway! You will LOVE these cookies!
Last Updated on August 5, 2021
They sound amazing. I was wondering if you could make them and freeze them and bake later.
Yes you can!
I just made these cookies this morning and they are amazing!! I chilled the dough overnight. Will definitely bake again. Literally just like the Subway cookies-even better!
Cannot wait to try 😋 😍
I made these delicious cookies today. I doubled the recipe and gave a few dozen to my neighbor. 2 hours after receiving them, there was a knock on my door. Yup, they wanted more. We were able to save a dozen for ourselves. So, tomorrow, I bake again.